Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
TONI, BEDFORD, MA September 26, 2014
“I took a cooking class in Turkey and one of the best things we made was incir tatlisi - walnut stuffed figs in syrup. I couldn't find the Turkish figs in any of my stores near me, so I was very happy to finally find them here. The service was quick and easy. I will continue to use Nuts.com”
Diane, Bridgewater, NJ September 25, 2014
“The figs were so fresh and tasty. Reminded me of the figs I ate as a kid. Thanks for a great product!”
victor, Ozone Park, NY September 24, 2014
“These figs are the BEST I EVER HAD!!! As long as you keep selling them, I'll keep buying !!!”
Stephanie, New York, NY September 24, 2014
“Love, love, love these!!!!!! I wish I ordered a big bag instead of the sample. They're so yummy!!!”
Valerie, Raleigh, NC September 23, 2014
“Fresh, juicy and love to have on the shelf when figs are not at the food store.”
Jay, Wantagh, NY September 18, 2014
BARBARA, Ormond Beach, FL September 18, 2014
“Each bite a Turkish delight”
Phyllis, Baltimore, MD September 16, 2014
“I received a sample from your company about a month ago and I knew I had to have them again. Thank you!”
Anthony, Venice, FL September 16, 2014
“Best I have ever tasted. Will definitely order again.”
T.A.Markel, Ashland, Ohio September 14, 2014
Received your shipment very quickly . Tried most of samples,and
found to be great. The Turkish figs sample is about gone. Not sure
if I really like them or need money back ? Please send another sample ? HaHa, kidding figs are best I've ever had!!”
Showing 1-10 of 406
Bill, Clarksville, TX September 26, 2014
“I eat these all the time with smoke salmon and bree cheese. Leave out the cheese and you have a perfect meal that's again good for you. Figs a good for you in many ways and salmon is a good fat.
The body needs fat but it needs the good fat. The cold water sea food and dried figs are both good for you. I got these figs for ? 5.90 lb. at the store I could get less than 7 ounces for over $ 6.00 dollars.
duuuuah, that's a much better deal and the Nuts.com figs were better. Need to order some more tonight.”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|