Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Joseph, Hanover, MA August 15, 2014
“great taste, nice and plump.”
JAMES, WILKES BARRE, PA August 13, 2014
“you get what you pay for. Top quality at a reasonable price. Exceptional quality control.”
Irene, Orange, NJ August 12, 2014
“I received these when you said I would and as fresh as if I was handed them over your counter and in your store. See you next time. Good Job. Irene”
Veronica, boca raton, FL August 12, 2014
“Love these never tried them before and despite being a dry fruit they taste so fresh!”
Barbara, Deltona, FL August 7, 2014
“These are delicious!”
Howard, Pawtucket, RI August 7, 2014
“My order was placed approximately 15 hours ago and it just arrived. The figs and ginger beat my expectations in terms of quality and value. You have a customer forever.
Phoebe, Columbus, OH August 6, 2014
“I've had Turkish figs before and could take them or leave them, but once I tasted the samples you sent with my last order, I knew I could no longer leave them, so I had to order a whole pound with my next order. These are superb figs!”
Natasa, Belle Vernon, PA August 1, 2014
“These are delicios with great service.”
Elizabeth, Silver Spring, MD August 1, 2014
Rosemarie, Fayetteville, NC July 30, 2014
“Excellent! And so fresh and juicy!”
Showing 41-50 of 406
Bill, Clarksville, TX September 26, 2014
“I eat these all the time with smoke salmon and bree cheese. Leave out the cheese and you have a perfect meal that's again good for you. Figs a good for you in many ways and salmon is a good fat.
The body needs fat but it needs the good fat. The cold water sea food and dried figs are both good for you. I got these figs for ? 5.90 lb. at the store I could get less than 7 ounces for over $ 6.00 dollars.
duuuuah, that's a much better deal and the Nuts.com figs were better. Need to order some more tonight.”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|