Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Figs are fat-free, sodium-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Leslie, CA April 23, 2011
“I just ordered for the first time and received my shipment of goodies yesterday! Everything is SO fresh and my boys love the turkish figs and dried strawberries. I've already placed my second order and am so glad I have found your website. I would love to visit your store in person some day. ”
Melanie April 21, 2011
“Super fast shipping!! The figs are the best I've ever had! So glad I've found your company!!”
stella, Antioch, TN April 20, 2011
“Made my day! My daughter was home from work (sick) today and I gave her the cashews and figs I had ordered for her ... and it was very comforting to her. Couldn't have come at a better time (and it came exactly when you said it would.)”
Helena, North Carolina April 15, 2011
“You did it again! Broke the sound barrier with your delivery speed! The nuts and figs are the best ever, by far!”
Rose, Harker Heights, Tx April 15, 2011
“I am glad I found Nuts Online! (thank you to Elana's Pantry) Everything I ordered was just as described, wonderful! As soon as the UPS man delivered the package, we opened it and began to sample all the products. Can't wait to try the figs in Elana's recipe for fig newtons. Thank you :)”
Rick Abraham, Livonia, MI April 6, 2011
“I bought 5lbs of the Turkish figs and I think I already ate 1lb as soon as I opened the bag. They were awesome and worth the money. Had to force myself to stop eating them. Thanks for the quick delivery. ”
Wendy, Annapolis, MD April 5, 2011
“Super fast service and excellent products! The macadamia nuts I ordered were HUGE as well as the turkish figs. Thanks so much!”
GinGer, Hendersonville, North Carolina March 28, 2011
“I'm just "NUTS" about your stuff. The Garbanzo Beans, Wild Rice and Turkish Figs came today. They look wonderful. Making a Chicken dish with the Rice and Turkish Figs. Oh YUM. ”
patricia, lewis center, ohio March 26, 2011
“we are impressed not only with the product but the outstanding service! my husband has been looking for a good dried fig for months these are way beyond good. the currents, pineapple , dates ,Chia seeds and Tomatoes are just what the packages say YUMMY! ”
joseph, arden, nc March 18, 2011
“Absolutely awsome! I had plans as to how to "soften" these fig up; as all the figs I ever ate were hard. No need to do so. I am hooked........... for life. Thank You! ”
Showing 201-210 of 317
Marcia J Ambrose, Walnut Creek, CA April 6, 2014
“Dried figs sustained me crossing the Sahara desert. They were fresh dried from local trees. I have hunted for years for figs like those, from the best markets, to no avail. What a surprise and treat to finally find their equal from nuts.com! I heartily recommend the figs and other products as fabulous!!!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|