Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Desiree July 17, 2012
“The Turkish figs are amazing and I was blown away by your quick delivery! I just love your customer service. Nuts.com can do no wrong in my book!”
Sandy, VS, NY July 6, 2012
“You guys are awesome.. Order arrived early :) Eating a fig right now.. DEEELISHHHH.. ”
Nicholas June 14, 2012
“I bought a pound of these back when I bought my almonds, just to try them out. They were amazing, I brought some to work and basically all of my coworkers said "ew they look gross WOW THEY TASTE AMAZING". I just got another 5 pounds.”
T.K. Davis, Crossville, Alabama June 11, 2012
“The figs are delicious! I had to hide them from the rest of the family just to save a few for myself. And thanks for the apricots. they are great!
Andy, Kalamazoo, MI May 24, 2012
“I bought some Medjool Dates, Halawi Dates, and Turkish Figs from Nuts.com and the entire experience was wonderful. Shipping was fast, and thankfully everything was packed very well as UPS was quite rough on the box. Really looking forward to doing more business with Nuts.com. :)”
mathew, simi valley, ca May 4, 2012
“wow! thank you! i love dried turkish figs and everything is top quality! you guys rock. i think i'm gonna order some coffee next! and cashews! thanks again, mathew katler”
Berniece, Houston, Tx April 24, 2012
“I just received my shipment today and I tried the cacao goji energy squares, the Turkish figs and the goji berries. All was so delicious I couldn't hardly stop eating. ”
Victoria, Charleston, WV April 20, 2012
“Wow, got my second order yesterday. I love how fresh and great tasting the cashews, pistachios and my turkish figs are! Thanks for your quality products at such good prices! Keep those freebies coming;)”
Jigar, NORTH BRUNSWICK, New Jersey March 27, 2012
“Very quick shipping.. Great Turkish figs.. add me to your repeat customers list!!!”
HMAK, Brooklyn, NY March 22, 2012
“Utterly wonderful, dense, chewy, and sweet! I haven't tried this yet but am going to -- cut fig in half, and wrap each half in paperthin serrano ham, then pop in microwave for just a few secs to warm up, then a tiny grating of black pepper on top ... one of the world's easiest appetizers ever! Needless to say I will have to order more figs to do this since the bag I have now is going to be empty soon!”
Showing 111-120 of 326
Peter, Green Valley, AZ August 20, 2014
“Many thanks for the sample cashews. They are yummy. I ordered the Turkish figs for the first time, and they are phenomenal...best I've ever tasted. I'm trying to hold off a bit on the Brazil nuts and macadamias, lest I go overboard and finish them all off at once!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|