Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Kim, Rochester, Indiana December 1, 2012
“Faster than a speeding bullet, tastier than a top chef treat!! Loved the quick service, the Turkish figs are amazing and the Goji berries were a nice surprise. Tomorrow it's on to the Maca powder and Spirulina. Thinking I'm in love with this bunch a nuts!”
Marianne, Bellevue, Washington November 29, 2012
“Everything is perfect from the crazy box to the funny e-mails to the best dried figs and crunchy nuts ever!”
Peggy, Torrance, CA November 12, 2012
“I found your website out of desperation to find a replacement for a company that had long gone bye-bye (sniff! :() I am SOOOO pleased with your products! The nuts and Turkish Figs and Medjool dates were incredible! You've got a new regular with me!
Seasons Greetings to you and yours! ;)
Anna, Big Sandy, MT November 9, 2012
“Once again you surpassed my expectations. I ordered figs and dates. Absolutely delich!! And once again fast delivery. Your website is a permanent bookmark for me! :)”
Emily , Houston, TX November 8, 2012
“When I opened my box and got out the figs, they looked so yummy I had to try just one. Oh my gosh, it was the yummiest fig I had ever had. So I had to have another and even shared some with a coworker who said the same thing. I love everything I order from Nuts.com. It began with tryng to find natural dried bananas, and I was so pleased, I've had to continue ordering and trying new things. I've never been disappointed. It's all GREAT! Thank you”
Maria, CLT, NC November 3, 2012
“Just got our order and everything came packaged perfectly. The figs and apricots are AMAZING and so fresh! Best we've had. Looking forward to trying our other things and have no doubt we'll be pleased. This is our 2nd order with NUTS and they have not failed to make us happy, returning customers.”
cynthia, Palm Bay, FL October 27, 2012
“LOVE-LOVE_LOVE your dried figs! Get 30 lbs. each year. Plan to try some of the nuts and dates for Christmas this year. Can't beat the freshness and taste! Also LOVE your personal notes...and the new boxes are great (nutty)! Thanks a bunch! Cindy Vanchy”
Sladjana, Chesapeake, Virginia October 23, 2012
“Very happy with both- Californian and Turkish figs.
We will order the delicious fruit again as soon as we finish this batch.
Kathy, Waldorf, MD October 12, 2012
“I have never tasted dried dates and figs this wonderful before!!! They are amazing and so full of flavor. The figs are so delicious. They're like fig newtons without the newton! Fabulous products. Can't wait to try more of your goodies. Thank you.”
DOROTHY, Hannibal, Missouri October 4, 2012
“Your organic Turkish apricots are out of this world delicious. They're always moist and oh so sweet...plain yummy. They hit the spot and satisfy my craving for a dessert. I also love your dried Turkish figs and jumbo medjool dates. So fabulous! Thank for all your wonderful products and for super fast shipping. I've been a customer for over 6 years and will remain so for a long time to come.”
Showing 91-100 of 325
sarah, Prescott, az July 21, 2014
“Today I received my order and it was well packed. I love their Turkish figs (dried), and the white mullberries are delicious. I was happy to receive a nice sample of Turkish apricots. I love buying from this store.”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|