Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
A delicious date containing no pits. These deglet noor dates are ideal for baking and great just to pop in your mouth.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals - such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable loud density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates - just 5 to 6 six dates - can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body - to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Julia, Virginia January 29, 2013
“Came a day early!! I ordered minutes before 4pm Monday, and it arrived by Tuesday afternoon! I'm so impressed by the excellent service! The dried apricots and pitted dates are delicious, and even got a sample of Medjool dates! YUM!”
Kevin, Tuscaloosa, AL January 24, 2013
“Received my dates just moments ago.
Tore into the package and started devouring dates and almonds till I was stuffed.
Fast delivery too.
Thanks for the fig gift too.
Arlene, Charlotte, NC January 5, 2013
“I knew the package would be at the door when I got home,,,and I had a big smile on my face when I saw it. I opened the box and the first thing I did was rip open the bag of Almonds and I had a few with some organic raw honey. Everything in the package is just absolutely delicious! I have been ordering stuff from you folks for several months...and I am just so satisfied with everything. I'm making Nut Milk with the Almonds and the Hazelnut and sweetening it with the Dates...can you say yummy! You guys are the best....and thanks!”
Kay, Burnsville, NC December 27, 2012
“Even with the Christmas rush, my order came within two days. The fruit I ordered was amazing. I kept snacking on it until I barely had enough left to do my baking. Fantastic product and service.”
bella, Renton, WA December 21, 2012
“Your delivery service is excellent.
Knowing that these days are the busiest days of delivery services I received the package in 3 days. Thank you.”
Kathleen, Cicero, Illinois December 13, 2012
“I was looking for macadamia nuts since they can be difficult to find in the supermarkets. The testimonials on the website convinced me to give Nuts.com a chance. I was not disappointed. Delivery was super fast. The nuts were fresh and tasty. The dried fruit was sweet and plump. You even get a free sample. So of course, I placed a second order and I will definitely order again. Oh and your boxes are hilarious!”
Brenda, Monroe, LA December 1, 2012
“Hard to find large quantities of dried fruits in our area. Ordered on a Sunday evening and it came in just a few days. Fast, easy and products ordered came well packaged. Looking forward to using all my dried figs, dates and raisins in our Italian cookies. Keeping our grandmother's tradition going! Wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas and Happy New Year.”
john, ferndale, wa November 24, 2012
“Great service and great dates....
My lady-friend....who is gorgeouS...
LOVES my date bars...and At 84 I
need all the help I can get....”
Anna, Big Sandy, MT November 9, 2012
“Once again you surpassed my expectations. I ordered figs and dates. Absolutely delich!! And once again fast delivery. Your website is a permanent bookmark for me! :)”
Susan, Irondale, AL September 26, 2012
“Just received my Happy order from the Nut.com family! Thankyou, it was a pleasure right from the start. I did have my reservations. Using my family fruitcake recipe, only the finest would do! Can"t wait to start our family tradition, which now includes ya"ll! Again,thankyou,the fruits are lovely and so fresh. Friends & family will be shared this secret..S. May”
Showing 61-70 of 150
shobha, East Elmhurst, NY September 1, 2014
“Love these Dates from Nuts.com. They are very tasty.”
Serving Size 50g (~1.8 oz.)
(Approx. 9.1 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||1.5|
Dates (may contain pits and/or pit fragments)
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 55 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|