Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
A delicious date containing no pits. Ideal for baking and great just to pop in your mouth.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals - such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable loud density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates - just 5 to 6 six dates - can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body - to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Laurie, Wheat ridge, CO April 19, 2012
“Thank you the dates are the best! Will order again best service I have had in a long time”
Denise, Round Lake, Illinois March 15, 2012
“WOW!! That was my initial reaction when I tasted the dates upon their arrival today. The Medjool dates are heavenly sweet and moist. The California pitted dates are also delicious. The Brazil nuts and cashews are the best I have ever eaten. The mini fridge in my bedroom is now well-stocked with these great treats. I will be a regular customer in the future. I also plan to purchase many items as Christmas gifts every December.”
linda, summerfield, Fl March 13, 2012
“I just received my order of 5 pounds of pitted dates not more than 5 minutes ago; ripped the bag open and bit into the most delicious, moist date I have ever tasted!!!! You can bet I will be a return customer! One question: Does the opened bag require refrigeration???”
Daniel, Rohrersville, MD March 10, 2012
“Just received the second shipment of pitted dates. Just as good as the first shipment. Delivery was next day. Terrific !!!!”
Claudia Rodriguez , Kermit, Tx March 9, 2012
“It's the first time I order from u guys, I got peanuts n dates... Amazing so so good!! My parents also loved them... I'm a customer forever:)”
Linda March 7, 2012
“Okay, where to begin? The sour tart cherries are amazing. The strawberries awesome. The edamame great. The dates wonderful. Still need to try the rest. But I'll spread the work. Great job.”
Bonnie, Wanatah, Ind March 1, 2012
“Hey, Hi there you nuts........
Just wanted you to know I'm eating the most delicious dates on the market. Didn't realize they would be such a nice size (but was sure hoping they would be) - they are so plump and I'm afraid I'll put on the 5# that I ordered and have eaten. Wish you continued success in your business and yes, I will spread the word to my friends where to buy nice dates. May the Lord continue to bless your business.
Jennifer, TX February 10, 2012
“These dates are delicious! Very moist and sweet. My 9 year old daughter told me they taste like caramel to her, lol”
Daniel, Statesville, North Carolina February 7, 2012
“The dates arrived today, I ordered 4 one pound bags and one is about half gone. I had to force myself to stop. They are very delicious, moist and sweet. They exceeded my expectations, I will get one more order in before March ends and will be waiting for October. I would definitely recommend them and they are very fast on their delivery.
Frances, Owensboro, KY January 27, 2012
“Thank you for the quick response to my order...I received the dates today (Friday) after ordering on Wednesday!! The dates are very good with peanut butter. After my first order, I started cooking with them but when I discovered how sweet and fresh they are, I use them for snacks! I could not resist ordering more!
Showing 61-70 of 126
Ray, Spokane, Wa April 2, 2014
“The package arrived just in time. I didn't know what I was going to do without your dates in my pantry. I feel much better now. Opened the box, had a couple, and I'm resting comfortably now. Thank you. Ray”
Serving Size 50g (~1.8 oz.)
(Approx. 9.1 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||1.5|
Dates (may contain pits and/or pit fragments)
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 55 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|