Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
A delicious date containing no pits. These deglet noor dates are ideal for baking and great just to pop in your mouth.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals - such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable loud density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates - just 5 to 6 six dates - can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body - to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Carol, Durham, Nc September 21, 2013
“Love the pitted dates! Excellent delivery...just two days. :)”
Rhadara, Rutherford, Nj September 11, 2013
“Awesome! I needed dates for a raw vegan recipe. They're expensive in the store. I came across this website and am so happy I did. I ordered it yesterday and got it today! It wasn't even supposed to come in until Thursday. Talk about on time! Appreciate it ”
Charles, Edgefield, SC August 8, 2013
“Dates were very good and Exceeded my expectations. I will buy from again and recommend everyone try their products.”
Kathie, lincolnton, nc August 7, 2013
“Wonderful dates! I'm from CA and have missed them so much! The price is great and the quality can't be beat. Going to share them with my family as we tube in our pontoon boat! Wish you could join us!”
SUSAN, REYNOLDS, GA July 8, 2013
“Once again the quality of the pitted dates, the price and the delivery have exceeded all expectations! This is why we buy from you year after year. Please continue to offer such an outstanding product and customer service.”
Avianne, Granite City, IL July 3, 2013
“I just got my 5 pound pitted dates today. I was worried as I have never ordered them on the internet before and I just happened upon this store. They are really the best I have ever had! Shipping was super fast so I got them in plenty of time for Ramadan. And thank you for the Fig sample. They are as good as gone! LOL I will be ordering the Turkish figs soon. I'm definitely sold and happy to refer all my friends. Thanks so much!”
Jana, Hammond, In June 27, 2013
“I came across your site while looking for sesame seed candy. Oh my, I found so many goodies! The rolled date bars are the best. I have ordered honey dates, macaroons, energy bites, pitted dates, tomato jam, etc. All very well packaged and so delicious. Everything is so yummy! Sure helps my urge when I want a treat and I don't feel guilty at all. I have been sharing with my co-workers and the are going to order from you also. SO good. Thank you for the extra samples that you send. The packaging is very fun and it's a joy to open each one. Everything is so moist and fresh. I recently lost 70 lbs, and am trying to find things that are healthier. I am a customer for life. Good job!”
Neil Snyder, North Vernon, IN June 6, 2013
“I received my first order from your company today, and I made a enough trail-mix for a side dish for a healthy lunch... I've never had dates that were so tender and sweet. The pumpkin and sunflower seeds... The pine nuts... Everything was amazing. No salt or sugar needed! And thank you so much for the sample of the figs!!! That was wonderful surprise! They were amazing! Next month they will probably be on the order. Can we expect other taste testing surprises in the future?”
Laura, Dickinson, North Dakota May 23, 2013
“What excellent products! We ordered the chocolate gourmet mints in a 5lb. box/bag and this is quite a bargain! They are very fresh! My mom wanted the Dates and they are Supreme! The size and freshness is unbeatable! The box type have no comparison to your product! I will definitely be ordering from you again and Very Soon! Thank you also for the prompt shipping service for they reached us in time for our daughter's Graduation Saturday!”
Deborah, Grafton, WV May 15, 2013
“Just received our shipment of dates. They are moist and yummy. The sample of Turkish dates you sent will be on my next order as they taste just like a fig newton without the crust. =)”
Showing 41-50 of 153
Carl, Saint Meinrad, IN September 17, 2014
“I'm happy you sell them in bulk! The box was fun to get”
Serving Size 50g (~1.8 oz.)
(Approx. 9.1 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||1.5|
Dates (may contain pits and/or pit fragments)
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 55 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|