Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
A delicious date containing no pits. Ideal for baking and great just to pop in your mouth.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals - such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable loud density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates - just 5 to 6 six dates - can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body - to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Rhoda, Ephrata, PA March 24, 2013
“Received my package exactly one day after ordering! Thanks for the surprise treat. Made a delicious cake with the almond flour. Have never tasted better dates...will be ordering again...very impressed!!”
Becca March 18, 2013
“I love the variety your company offers. I was so excited when my shipment arrived, within 15 mintues of opening my box I was making homemade nut and date bars! I love your products!”
Richard J. LaVigne Sr., North Adams, MA March 14, 2013
“Great service in just two days from placing my order I received my order thank you the great service. I couldn't wait to dig into my dates which I must say were very fresh and very tasteful also. I will be a returning customer for sure. Thank you .
Lindy, Baltimore, MD March 13, 2013
“Just got my first order! As with everyone else, I received it very quickly (1 day), and the quality of everything is so great! I got the raw hazelnuts, dried apples, pitted dates, and Turkish figs, and as soon as I opened the box I sat down on the floor and sampled them all. Will definitely be ordering again!”
Claudia, Alexandria, Virginia March 9, 2013
“I just received my order, and I was so delighted with the box so much, I had to read it before I could try what I ordered. I ordered the Turkish Figs and Pitted Dates, they are so fresh and delicious. I absolutely recommend Nuts.com and will reorder from them again. Good job everyone. Love your humor!”
Tar"nut"zer, Regina, Henderson, Mn March 1, 2013
“Got my second shipment (absolutely NOT my last) delivered as scheduled; and just as my first, and as EVERYONE states, it was PERFECTION!!! The dates, soooo YUMMY; the figsssssss, fantabulous, and OMG the wasabi veggie chips.....splenderifically delicious!!!!
Thank You, you nutty bunch, for being true to your poppy sol's ideal of quality, and customer service, may you live long and prosper well.
Your loyal nutty customer ”
Julia, Virginia January 29, 2013
“Came a day early!! I ordered minutes before 4pm Monday, and it arrived by Tuesday afternoon! I'm so impressed by the excellent service! The dried apricots and pitted dates are delicious, and even got a sample of Medjool dates! YUM!”
Kevin, Tuscaloosa, AL January 24, 2013
“Received my dates just moments ago.
Tore into the package and started devouring dates and almonds till I was stuffed.
Fast delivery too.
Thanks for the fig gift too.
Arlene, Charlotte, NC January 5, 2013
“I knew the package would be at the door when I got home,,,and I had a big smile on my face when I saw it. I opened the box and the first thing I did was rip open the bag of Almonds and I had a few with some organic raw honey. Everything in the package is just absolutely delicious! I have been ordering stuff from you folks for several months...and I am just so satisfied with everything. I'm making Nut Milk with the Almonds and the Hazelnut and sweetening it with the Dates...can you say yummy! You guys are the best....and thanks!”
Kay, Burnsville, NC December 27, 2012
“Even with the Christmas rush, my order came within two days. The fruit I ordered was amazing. I kept snacking on it until I barely had enough left to do my baking. Fantastic product and service.”
Showing 31-40 of 126
Ray, Spokane, Wa April 2, 2014
“The package arrived just in time. I didn't know what I was going to do without your dates in my pantry. I feel much better now. Opened the box, had a couple, and I'm resting comfortably now. Thank you. Ray”
Serving Size 50g (~1.8 oz.)
(Approx. 9.1 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||1.5|
Dates (may contain pits and/or pit fragments)
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 55 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|