Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
A delicious date containing no pits. These deglet noor dates are ideal for baking and great just to pop in your mouth.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals - such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable loud density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates - just 5 to 6 six dates - can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body - to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Roseanne, Salem, NE December 16, 2013
“The dates I ordered were intended for making date bar cookies, but they are so delicious I have been eating them from the package. Thanks for a super product.”
Ken, Lakeville, MN December 13, 2013
“The pitted dates were of high consistent quality--better than where I had been buying my dates from. I'm planning on purchasing my dates from Nuts.com again next year.”
Eileen, Houston, TX December 11, 2013
“I bought nuts and jelly beans from you about a year ago and was pleased with what I purchased. So when i went looking for good quality dates that I didn't have to run all over town to find, I headed to your website. When the dates I ordered arrived yesterday I wasn't surprised at all. They were the same high quality products I've come to expect from your company.
I appreciate the fact that you have UPS move them the whole way from your warehouse to my door instead of handing them off to the postal service. Thank you for both quality and service, items I find lacking in so many of today's companies.
You're my number one "go to" for dates, nuts, jellybeans and a dozen other things we love. Thanks again.!”
Samantha, Hershey, PA November 16, 2013
“Dates are a favorite in our household and the bulk bins at grocery stores are usually $5.99-$7.99/lb. Glad I can purchase my husband's favorite snack in bulk and have them delivered in a day at a great price.”
Barbara, Las Vegas, Nevada November 16, 2013
“I just received my 5 lbs. of Dates from your company. I had been looking for a large amount of Dates for my holiday cooking. Your company is the only place that I could find a bulk amount. I was very impressed as to the freshness and sweetness that they have.
Ron, Golden Valley, AZ October 22, 2013
“I ordered the licorice bites and within days they were at my door.
My daughter used to own a packaging company in California and she did at one time package the Kookaburra Licorice and it was and now I find still is the best you can get. At one time I was a switsers fan but any more they are not available in stores fresh all you can get is cheap imitation TWIZZERS or some such thing!
The sample Fig s they included have sold me on them as well "I'LL BE BACK"”
Carol, Durham, Nc September 21, 2013
“Love the pitted dates! Excellent delivery...just two days. :)”
Rhadara, Rutherford, Nj September 11, 2013
“Awesome! I needed dates for a raw vegan recipe. They're expensive in the store. I came across this website and am so happy I did. I ordered it yesterday and got it today! It wasn't even supposed to come in until Thursday. Talk about on time! Appreciate it ”
Charles, Edgefield, SC August 8, 2013
“Dates were very good and Exceeded my expectations. I will buy from again and recommend everyone try their products.”
Kathie, lincolnton, nc August 7, 2013
“Wonderful dates! I'm from CA and have missed them so much! The price is great and the quality can't be beat. Going to share them with my family as we tube in our pontoon boat! Wish you could join us!”
Showing 11-20 of 129
Maggie, New York, NY June 21, 2014
“Love the box packaging and the sealed bags its so cute! Extremely fast shipping as promised and the dates where delicious.. Finally found a site to order all my healthy snacks!!”
Serving Size 50g (~1.8 oz.)
(Approx. 9.1 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||1.5|
Dates (may contain pits and/or pit fragments)
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 55 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|