Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
A delicious date containing no pits. Ideal for baking and great just to pop in your mouth.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals - such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable loud density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates - just 5 to 6 six dates - can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body - to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
elisa August 12, 2010
“i just received my usual 15 lb box of dates...
and as usual they are perfect....
Nancy, Fburg, VA August 2, 2010
“My box of dates arrived promptly and well packed. They look lovely, they taste great, and I will tell all my friends about them. I definitely plan to order again! I am Muslim and we fast in the month of Ramadan. It is traditional to break our fast at sundown with dates, and I will be breaking my fast every day with these tasty wonderful morsels! Thank you so much!”
Mary July 25, 2010
“I LOVE NUTSONLINE!!! Fabulous, wonderful! Quick/Super Shipping. I had the dates in 2 days!
They are the best, sweetest and the freshest. If I can find in a store, they are way too expensive and dry as a bone. ”
Mary Frances Cherry March 31, 2010
“Such quick service!!!!!! This is our second order in less than a month. The dates were so good, moist and sweet, that we devoured them and had to order more. This time 2 pounds. Everything we've ordered is yummy. I used to order from another company, but now I am switching allegiance to Nutsonline.”
Deb, Landenberg, Pa March 5, 2010
Soft and fresh, sweet, moist, tender... scrumptious. Enjoy as is, or stuffed with a walnut piece and rolled in sugar, or in a date-n-nut loaf with cream cheese, etc. To sum it up, service was impeccable, dates are delicious! Will shop again.”
Kurt, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma February 18, 2010
“Received my dates exactly on the date I was told they would be delivered. Had to sample them and they are delicious. Thanks a lot guys and I will certainly keep you on my favorites list.”
Kenni Lou, Indianapolis, In January 28, 2010
“Wow! The service was fantastic, matched only by the quality of the products! The whole wheat raspberry bars are wonderful. So great to find plain delicious moist dates that aren't covered with sugar. You are now firmly listed on my favorites list! Thanx.”
Gordon, Birmingham, Al January 9, 2010
“Order just arrived and the cashews look great. Dates are great and I AM snacking on them now. Pleased with my order. Thanks. Gordon”
LARRY, lansing, mi December 17, 2009
“dates are great nothing like them in my area fair price wonderful snacking”
Patty, Helen, Ga December 16, 2009
“My package arrived right on time. Great tasting, next time I will order cashews, Good service, pleasant young lady taking my order. Thanks Pat M”
Showing 101-110 of 126
Ray, Spokane, Wa April 2, 2014
“The package arrived just in time. I didn't know what I was going to do without your dates in my pantry. I feel much better now. Opened the box, had a couple, and I'm resting comfortably now. Thank you. Ray”
Serving Size 50g (~1.8 oz.)
(Approx. 9.1 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||1.5|
Dates (may contain pits and/or pit fragments)
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 55 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|