Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
A delicious date containing no pits. These deglet noor dates are ideal for baking and great just to pop in your mouth.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals - such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable loud density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates - just 5 to 6 six dates - can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body - to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Joan, Cossayuna December 30, 2011
“Wow. You have a life time customer in me. I have never had such sweet and fresh dates.Looking forward to my next order.LOVE YOUR STUFF!!!! ”
Tom, Morristown, OH December 9, 2011
“Yep, delivered today and about a pound already consumed! I think that this going to be a Christmas tradition at our house. Please send me a reminder next year. Tom”
John, New Boston, Texas December 7, 2011
“Service was great...easy to buy...fast to get...great to eat...”
Diane, Albany, Oregon November 25, 2011
“They arrived, so pleased with the product, looking forward to sharing with family. This is so exciting, put in my granola, yogurt and cereal. Nice way to spend the winter!”
Diana, New Bedford, MA November 12, 2011
“My 5 lbs of pitted dates arrived today and I was very anxious to try them. I want you to know that I hit every supermarket that sold dates and they were terrible (very hard and dry). I thought about going online and was pleasantly surprised to see that they were sold online so I thought I would give it a try. Let me tell you that these dates are very delicious and actually soft and moist. I couldn't believe it. I bought a 5 lb bag and I will enjoy nibbling on them. Thank you very much. Eating these dates reminds me of my childhood when my mother always had them in the house and they were a treat for the family. Brings back only good memories!
jackie farrow, ohio November 2, 2011
“I received my order as promised and was very pleased with it. The dates are delicious! looking forward to my next order. Thank you Jackie”
Alex, Monroe, La November 1, 2011
“My box of Dates arrived today. Just as you said they would. Beautifully boxed and tempting to taste. I individuality chopped a couple of handfuls and added to cookie dough instead of chocolate chips. A new twist baking cookies. The dates will add a different rich sweet taste after baking. Will bake over 3,000 cookies for our Greek Treat Bake Sale on November 18 -19.
Our cookies will be the talk of the town.. ”
Jennifer, Rock Hill, South Carolina October 29, 2011
“My first order arrived on time, in perfect condition, and WHAT a difference from grocery store quality! The mission figs, currants, and pitted dates were plump, moist, and marvelous flavor. Never again will I settle for the tired old stuff I used to have to include in my Christmas fruitcakes. I am thrilled to have found this website! ”
Jeanette, Media, PA October 12, 2011
“This is my first oder with NutsonLine. I placed the order yesterday and received it TODAY. I only paid for ground shipping. The pitless dates are delicious! I can't say enough about the quality of the product and service. Thanks, guys!”
Sam, pittsburgh, PA September 30, 2011
“Very quick delivery, and the dates are awesome!”
Showing 101-110 of 152
Rebecca, Milton, PA September 11, 2014
“Great price on this pantry staple and they are tasty gems!”
Serving Size 50g (~1.8 oz.)
(Approx. 9.1 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||1.5|
Dates (may contain pits and/or pit fragments)
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 55 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|