Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
A delicious date containing no pits. Ideal for baking and great just to pop in your mouth.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals - such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable loud density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates - just 5 to 6 six dates - can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body - to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Monica, Encinitas, California April 30, 2011
“Dates arrived quickly and as described. Very tasty! Will order again.”
Alberto, Cedarhurst, N. Y. April 22, 2011
“Dear nuts friends, we received our order it was super fast. We are very impressed with your service!. Next time we'll try some nuts. Thanks again!.”
Melly, Fort Lauderdale, fl March 26, 2011
“OMG!!! I opened my email to find a funny note stating my order was delivered. I didn't hear the delivery guy so I opened my door and YAY!! My box was there. I ripped it open and tried the dried plums and dates and all I kept saying was "Mmmm"!! Seriously.. I just tried the gummies and other goodies.. I have my healthy snack for the movies today!! You guys rock! The prices rock! I'm sending my peers to your site. Thank you my Nutty friends! Let's just say... You had me at hello! ”
patricia, lewis center, ohio March 26, 2011
“we are impressed not only with the product but the outstanding service! my husband has been looking for a good dried fig for months these are way beyond good. the currents, pineapple , dates ,Chia seeds and Tomatoes are just what the packages say YUMMY! ”
Olive, Kerrville, TX February 24, 2011
“Got my dates right on time. Just finished my last batch. Since I talked my Husband to eating them every morning, he was in a panic when he thought we were about out. As I told him never fear NUTS ONLINE is quick with a fresh and tasty supply.
Thanks so much,
Mary February 24, 2011
“Hi - Got my nuts and dried fruit and pretzel mix. I've only gotten into the dates, but they are mighty tasty! the nuts are for my husband for Ayyam'i'Ha. (Baha'i holiday.) He is crazy about pistachios and they are so expensive! So I figured I'd get him some really good ones!”
Carolyn, Swartz Creek, MI February 5, 2011
“I have been know to go nuts before, but this is my first time online, looking forward to more of the same quality products and service. I want to thank my 81 year old mother-in-law for getting me hooked.”
marlene, Ohio December 9, 2010
“Thanks, everything looks delicious.
I can now start baking with those
luscious dates (am chopping them now).
Of course I'm nibbling too!”
Laura, Hanover, MA November 8, 2010
Thank YOU so much for shipping me such wonderful dry fruits and nuts! I just love everything! The quality of your fruit is by far the best I ever had! The figs and the dates are amazing: moist,juicy and sweet beyond belief! The only problem for me is to figure how to keep my hands and mouth off of them! The rest of the fruit and nuts are just as wonderful! "Nutsonline": what a find! cherries and raisins are just as wonderful! The delivery was so fast I could not believe it (1 day!!)
Thank you so much!
Arthur, Jacksonville, Florida August 12, 2010
“The 10 lbs. of dates I ordered were at my door this AM. They seem better than the last ones I got. Thanx!
Showing 91-100 of 126
Ray, Spokane, Wa April 2, 2014
“The package arrived just in time. I didn't know what I was going to do without your dates in my pantry. I feel much better now. Opened the box, had a couple, and I'm resting comfortably now. Thank you. Ray”
Serving Size 50g (~1.8 oz.)
(Approx. 9.1 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||1.5|
Dates (may contain pits and/or pit fragments)
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 55 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|