Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Sour (Tart) Cherries
Tart Montmorency cherries are a great dried fruit snack that can be used for baking. The cherries are lightly sweetened.
Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes dried cherries because they are rich in quercetin, a powerful flavonoid that has been linked to reducing heart disease. Plus, thanks to their deep, dark color from antocyanins, they are linked to reducing inflammation in the body. Try adding in tart cherries to salads, trail mix, and granola.
2. According to researchers, a flavonoid found in cherries that has anticarcinogenic properties called quercetin can help to prevent heart disease. Cherries are considered a nutritionally significant source of quercetin, containing large quantities per serving that surpass most fruits.
3. A phenolic acid called amygdalin, also termed Vitamin B17 and laetrile, found in the kernels of cherries and other fruits, has been shown to reduce tumor size and further spread of cancer, as well as to alleviate the pains of the cancerous process. Populations such as the Hunza in Pakistan that have always incorporated amygdalin into their diets have remained cancer free, leading scientists to believe that its consumption could also be a powerful cancer prevention food.
4. Anthocyanins found in cherries also block inflammatory enzymes, reducing pain. In fact, 20 cherries are 10 times as potent as aspirin and have positive effects on gout and arthritis pain.
5. Sweet cherries are also considered to be excellent sources of boron, providing 396 ug/100g. Boron consumption, coupled with calcium and magnesium has been linked to increased bone health.
6. Tart cherries naturally pack a health-promoting punch that provides pain relief for many consumers. Ongoing research shows that Montmorency tart cherries are a rich source of antioxidants, including melatonin, which may help to relieve the pain of arthritis, gout, and possibly fibromyalgia. To date, no other fruit or vegetable has been found to have the pain relieving properties of tart cherries. In addition, the antioxidants in tart cherries can help fight cancer and heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Virginia, Silver Spring, MD February 26, 2014
“Yahoo! Just received my first nuts.com box from Mr. UPS man -- just placed my order yesterday! Wow! That was fast! LOVE the fun box - and all the fun colored bags inside. Just kind of brightens up a cold winter day, ya know? So far, I've only tasted the sour dried cherries - they are perfection. Can't wait to dive into all the other goodies. Keep up the good work -- and the fun family atmosphere -- it shows! Lastly, I plan to "create" some upcoming birthday gifts with your products - what fun. :)”
Arlene, Honolulu, Hawaii January 13, 2014
“I received my first order and all I can say is "WOW!". The sour cherries and dried whole cranberries are so flavorful. And the watermelon slices-Mmmm. I am so glad I found you.”
Rosemarie Sitch, Thunder Bay, Ontario November 8, 2013
“I just picked up my order from my US address. Thank you! The dried sour cherries are delicious! I tried a little of everything I ordered except the almond flour, all delicious!
I will be ordering again!
David, Manalapan, NJ October 30, 2013
“Just got my first order. Blistered peanuts were crunchy and my kids loved them. The dried sour cherries and the pepitas are also high quality and delicious. The packaging is too cute and also a big hit with the family. I'll be ordering again soon.”
Roger, Owosso, MI October 10, 2013
“The tart cherries are GREAT! Packaging is excellent and the flavor is out of this world! Delivery was a head of schedule and I am one satisfied Santa!”
Roy, Charleston, SC August 28, 2013
“My order arrived on time, the dried sour cherries and bing cherries are delicious (especially with dark chocolate) and the free samples of dried apricots and cranberries are equally tasty and a nice touch. Excellent product for the value. I will order again.”
Kathy, North Manchester, In June 18, 2013
“Excellent service!!! Very happy with my order. I tried the dried cherries right away & they are delicious. Looking forward to trying the Angelino plums & Amaranth.”
David, Wilson, NC May 20, 2013
“Local stores are carrying less & less variety these days & they cater to younger shoppers. I was happy to get Chicory for my favorite coffee, the sour cherries remind me of my home state of Michigan & some of the best pies I've eaten while the Licorice Allsorts are fresh and another childhood favorite. Next quest; those energy bar assortments! ”
JoanneMarie, Sicklerville, NJ May 9, 2013
“You guys are amazing. I plan on telling everyone about you and your products. On Monday I ordered your dried cherries. On Tuesday, they were waiting for me when I got home from work, in the cutest box, on my doorstep. Before I even tried the cherries, I popped open the dried cranberry sample you sent. I have never seen such beautiful plump dried cranberries, and they were absolutely delicious. Oh, the cherries are very yummy, too!
I will definitely be a repeat customer!”
Janice, Bayside, NY May 9, 2013
“I ordered one pound of tart cherries and they were delivered the next day. I use them for baking and they are so delicious and soft, it's incredible. You have a customer for life!!”
Showing 1-10 of 90
Jack, Hollywood, CA April 13, 2014
“These cherries rock! I added them to my 'trail mix' and it was an instant upgrade. I hate raisins and cranberries after a while, These cherries are a welcomed relief!
So glad I found this company. I'm stocking up for a month long JMT trek this summer...I'm going to be eating like a king thanks to these guys!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||5|
Montmorency Cherries, sugar, sunflower oil (may contain an occasional pit fragments)
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 375 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|10 Pound Cases|