Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Dried Oregon Blueberries, slightly sweetened, are ideal for cereals, cakes, muffins, salads or just snacking for a real treat.
Dried Blueberries have been found to improve vision, clear arteries, strengthen blood vessels, enhance memory, stop urinary tract infections, reverse age-related physical and mental declines,and promote weight control. In general, blueberries are one of the richest sources of antioxidant phytonutrients found in any fruit. Antioxidants help the body protect itself against diseases.
2. A one cup serving of fresh blueberries will give you five grams of fiber - more than most fruits and vegetables - and 15% of your daily vitamin C.
3. Researchers at the USDA Human Nutrition Center (HNRCA) have found that blueberries rank #1 in antioxidant activity when compared to 40 other fresh fruits and vegetables. Anthocyanin -- the pigment that makes the blueberries blue -- is thought to be responsible for this major health benefit. Studies have found that consumption of blueberries strengthens eyesight, inhibits aging, and improves memory.
4. In another USDA Human Nutrition Center (HNRCA) lab, neuroscientists discovered that feeding blueberries to laboratory rats slowed age-related loss in their mental capacity, a finding that has important implications for humans.
5. Blueberries may reduce the build up of so called "bad" cholesterol that contributes to cardiovascular disease and stroke, according to scientists at the University of California at Davis. Antioxidants are believed to be the active component.
6. Researchers at Rutgers University in New Jersey have identified a compound in blueberries that promotes urinary tract health and reduces the risk of infection. It appears to work by preventing bacteria from adhering to the cells that line the walls of the urinary tract.
7. A number of studies in Europe have documented the relationship between bilberries, the European cousin of blueberries and improved eyesight. This is thought to occur because of the anthocyanin in the blue pigment which is also available in the blueberry. One study in Japan documented that blueberries helped ease eye fatigue.
8. In Sweden, dried blueberries are used to treat childhood diarrhea (Kowalchuk, 1976). This use is attributed to anthocyanosides, a natural substance found in blueberries which is believed to be "lethal" to E. Coli (a bacteria sometimes linked to the infection).
9. Blueberries contain a variety of compounds. These include: antioxidants, anthocyanosides, bacterial inhibitors, folic acid, vitamins A and C, carotenoids, ellagic acid, folic acid, and dietary fibers.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Diana, East Patchogue, New York March 25, 2010
“I love blueberries, but every time I buy them fresh from the grocery store, they're sour and never sweet. By the time the ripen enough in the fridge to taste even a little sweet, they're already getting that fuzzy white stuff on them and end up in the garbage can. I don't think I'll ever eat a fresh blueberry again, these are FAR superior! The taste is amazing. You guys at Nutsonline keep making me try more and more new things, and I'm so happy I am. You're making it easy to eat healthy, antioxidant-filled treats! I am so thrilled with your selection and super speedy shipping! Keep up the great work!!!”
Anne March 2, 2010
“My first order arrived in 2 days and two of the three items were gone in 4 days. The dried cranberries were tangy and plump, not gummy and chewy. The blueberries were a revelation--never ate dried blues before. The walnuts were beautiful--whole halves, not pieces, and fresh and crunchy. And I was tickled with the familial nuttiness and I can identify with it all too well!!! Thanks--and I'll be back.”
Denise, Wynantskill, NY January 27, 2010
“I've only tried the blueberries so far but they are wonderful! I'm glad I found out about you.”
DIANE, phila, pa December 22, 2009
“the dry fruits and nuts are delicious!! i was impressed by the speedy delivery. thank you and Merry Christmas.”
Kristina, Folansbee, WV December 12, 2009
“I order dried blueberries regularly from this site. I absolutely love them, and would recommend this site to anyone. Your order is shipped immediately, and you will receive your order in 2 days!”
Bonnie December 8, 2009
“Great dried blueberries - I also got dried cranberries and dried tart cherries!
ALL fantastic and delivered so fast!!
I'll be back!”
Cecilai, Bellevue, NE November 25, 2009
“The order arrived exactly as promised. We tasted everything right away. The golden raisins are the best we have ever tasted. The apricots are so good I wish I had ordered more. The blueberries are outstanding. I have a blog and I am writing a post for my blog telling everyone about you! Thanks for the wonderful customer service and especially for the delicious dried fruit!”
jim, marcus hook, pa August 19, 2009
“i ordered sugar free chocolate raisins for my wife and blueberries for me when i bake bread not only were they fantastic i ordered tues afternoon and got them weds morning will buy again often”
Lynn, Barre, Vermont July 28, 2009
“My order arrived an hour ago in perfect condition. Your packing is great. I was slightly disappointed that the shipment didn't leave the FedEx terminal until Saturday night (they had it for 48 hours), but that certainly isn't your fault. I just tried the dried blueberries and they are fantastic!”
Bonnie, Vermont June 26, 2009
“Beautiful dried blueberries and dried sour cherries!
Always great quality and FAST shipment!”
Showing 31-40 of 52
Misako, Lilliwaup, WA May 31, 2013
“We LOVE all products of yours, the quality is fantastic! Your service is always so accurate and reliable, we also love delivery boxes, they are fun. Great treat, indeed!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||5|
Blueberries, sugar, sunflower oil.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 500 pieces per pound.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|10 Pound Cases|