Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Dried blueberries are packed with antioxidants and vitamins for a healthy treat. These dried Oregon blueberries are slightly sweetened and ideal for mixing in cereals, or adding to cakes and muffins. They also make a delicious addition to salads and are perfect for snacking on. One taste of these plump and sweet dried blueberries and your taste buds will be in paradise.
Dried Blueberries have been found to improve vision, clear arteries, strengthen blood vessels, enhance memory, stop urinary tract infections, reverse age-related physical and mental declines,and promote weight control. In general, blueberries are one of the richest sources of antioxidant phytonutrients found in any fruit. Antioxidants help the body protect itself against diseases.
2. A one cup serving of fresh blueberries will give you five grams of fiber - more than most fruits and vegetables - and 15% of your daily vitamin C.
3. Researchers at the USDA Human Nutrition Center (HNRCA) have found that blueberries rank #1 in antioxidant activity when compared to 40 other fresh fruits and vegetables. Anthocyanin -- the pigment that makes the blueberries blue -- is thought to be responsible for this major health benefit. Studies have found that consumption of blueberries strengthens eyesight, inhibits aging, and improves memory.
4. In another USDA Human Nutrition Center (HNRCA) lab, neuroscientists discovered that feeding blueberries to laboratory rats slowed age-related loss in their mental capacity, a finding that has important implications for humans.
5. Blueberries may reduce the build up of so called "bad" cholesterol that contributes to cardiovascular disease and stroke, according to scientists at the University of California at Davis. Antioxidants are believed to be the active component.
6. Researchers at Rutgers University in New Jersey have identified a compound in blueberries that promotes urinary tract health and reduces the risk of infection. It appears to work by preventing bacteria from adhering to the cells that line the walls of the urinary tract.
7. A number of studies in Europe have documented the relationship between bilberries, the European cousin of blueberries and improved eyesight. This is thought to occur because of the anthocyanin in the blue pigment which is also available in the blueberry. One study in Japan documented that blueberries helped ease eye fatigue.
8. In Sweden, dried blueberries are used to treat childhood diarrhea (Kowalchuk, 1976). This use is attributed to anthocyanosides, a natural substance found in blueberries which is believed to be "lethal" to E. Coli (a bacteria sometimes linked to the infection).
9. Blueberries contain a variety of compounds. These include: antioxidants, anthocyanosides, bacterial inhibitors, folic acid, vitamins A and C, carotenoids, ellagic acid, folic acid, and dietary fibers.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Carolyn, York, SC September 11, 2014
“Blueberries are great and the service is incredible. Will definitely be back. I'd be NUTS not to return. Thanks!”
Preeya, Shoreham, NY September 3, 2014
“We like this very much we have been using this for a long time in our oatmeal and bran for our breakfast.”
Karen, Sewaren, NJ August 21, 2014
“What a great price! Great flavor!”
Preeya, SHOREHAM, NY August 16, 2014
“I used to have dried sweetened Blueberries it was tasty but a little too sweet, and I also tried dried blueberries from other brand and it was too dry and not tasty.
This dried Blueberries is not too sweet as the one we had before and it is not too dry. It is beyond my expectation. I love blueberries! Thanks again for the good product.”
Edith, Portsmouth, VA July 15, 2014
“OMG!!!! Over the top, totally awesome”
patricia, Buchanan, TN May 17, 2014
“Loved the blueberries, so plump and moist and tasty!”
Rosemary, Fairfax, VA December 10, 2013
“My blueberries and Turkish figs arrived right on time yesterday. They're always a treat ... my very favorite! I appreciate how quickly you nutty folks send my packages, and the flavors never disappoint. I'll be back!”
Ronald, New York City, NY November 15, 2013
“Thanks for my latest order that was shipped the next day. The dried blueberries are delicious, I may have to order another batch soon. Also thanks for the free gift, I do appreciate that.”
Becky, West Newbury, MA November 12, 2013
“The dried blueberries were the best ever!! They make a great and nutritious gift.”
Jerry, Joaquin, TX November 1, 2013
“The blueberries are great! You did send some great tasting fudge! :)”
Showing 1-10 of 65
Carol, Emporia, KS September 12, 2014
“Love to put these in scones & need a bunch since I've been asked to bring them for a friend's daughter's wedding in a couple of weeks. These will make a big batch & I won't break the bank making them for her.”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||5|
Blueberries, sugar, sunflower oil.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 500 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 1 year. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|10 Pound Cases|