Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Dried Oregon Blueberries, slightly sweetened, are ideal for cereals, cakes, muffins, salads or just snacking for a real treat.
Dried Blueberries have been found to improve vision, clear arteries, strengthen blood vessels, enhance memory, stop urinary tract infections, reverse age-related physical and mental declines,and promote weight control. In general, blueberries are one of the richest sources of antioxidant phytonutrients found in any fruit. Antioxidants help the body protect itself against diseases.
2. A one cup serving of fresh blueberries will give you five grams of fiber - more than most fruits and vegetables - and 15% of your daily vitamin C.
3. Researchers at the USDA Human Nutrition Center (HNRCA) have found that blueberries rank #1 in antioxidant activity when compared to 40 other fresh fruits and vegetables. Anthocyanin -- the pigment that makes the blueberries blue -- is thought to be responsible for this major health benefit. Studies have found that consumption of blueberries strengthens eyesight, inhibits aging, and improves memory.
4. In another USDA Human Nutrition Center (HNRCA) lab, neuroscientists discovered that feeding blueberries to laboratory rats slowed age-related loss in their mental capacity, a finding that has important implications for humans.
5. Blueberries may reduce the build up of so called "bad" cholesterol that contributes to cardiovascular disease and stroke, according to scientists at the University of California at Davis. Antioxidants are believed to be the active component.
6. Researchers at Rutgers University in New Jersey have identified a compound in blueberries that promotes urinary tract health and reduces the risk of infection. It appears to work by preventing bacteria from adhering to the cells that line the walls of the urinary tract.
7. A number of studies in Europe have documented the relationship between bilberries, the European cousin of blueberries and improved eyesight. This is thought to occur because of the anthocyanin in the blue pigment which is also available in the blueberry. One study in Japan documented that blueberries helped ease eye fatigue.
8. In Sweden, dried blueberries are used to treat childhood diarrhea (Kowalchuk, 1976). This use is attributed to anthocyanosides, a natural substance found in blueberries which is believed to be "lethal" to E. Coli (a bacteria sometimes linked to the infection).
9. Blueberries contain a variety of compounds. These include: antioxidants, anthocyanosides, bacterial inhibitors, folic acid, vitamins A and C, carotenoids, ellagic acid, folic acid, and dietary fibers.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
John, Ely, MN May 24, 2011
“Wow! Those blueberries are awesome...big, juicy & delicious.
We will be buying more.”
Linda, Carlisle, PA May 5, 2011
“The other day I received my third order of nuts, seeds, and dried fruit. I am so hooked on your products! Everything my family and I have tried has been absolutely wonderful! And not only is the food wonderful, but the service is outstanding! Next day delivery every single time. And e-mails when I order, when the items are shipped and when they are delivered. Fantastic! I am definitely going to be a regular customer. Thanks again for the great products and great service! ”
Linda Rogers, Lakeland, Florida April 13, 2011
“Yes we got our order of Strawberries, Blue berries and pineapple today. It is all delicious! I bought it to use in healthy breakfast muffins, they will be great! You will be a regular shopping spot for me now!
Thanks! Linda :o)”
Linnea, Hinsdale, Illinois March 22, 2011
“Love the blueberries! Used to put cranberries on my oatmeal..couldn't find these softer blueberries.....but NOW it will always be blueberries..so good and good for us. Thanks!”
Paula, Somerset, PA March 10, 2011
“The blueberries are amazing!! I haven't dipped into the mixed berries or the cinnamon baking chips but I'm sure I won't be disappointed!! I'll be back for more once my stock gets low!!”
Jeannette, Bronx, NY March 8, 2011
“I just love you guys! Everything I have ordered has been simply phenomenal! I especially adore the blueberries. I'll be back again and again. :)”
Jay, Lansing, MI March 1, 2011
“Seriously fast delivery, amazing customer service. I don't think I can say more... wait, I can... The taste and quality of the product speaks for itself.”
Barrett, Jacksonville Beach, FL February 10, 2011
“Awesome fruit!! fast delivery and better than described. Thanks a ton!”
Elizabeth, Sprigfield, MA September 7, 2010
“The Dried Oregon Blueberries that I ordered and received last week are by far the best tasting dried blueberries I have ever eaten..I will be ordering more as soon as these are eaten.. Thank you so much for the wonderful fruits, nuts, and other good tasting treats..”
noreen, montpelier August 25, 2010
“thank you- you have been the best customer service experience i have had in a very long time. Thank you for being easy. the blueberries are delicious.”
Showing 21-30 of 52
Misako, Lilliwaup, WA May 31, 2013
“We LOVE all products of yours, the quality is fantastic! Your service is always so accurate and reliable, we also love delivery boxes, they are fun. Great treat, indeed!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||5|
Blueberries, sugar, sunflower oil.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 500 pieces per pound.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|10 Pound Cases|