Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Dried blueberries are packed with antioxidants and vitamins for a healthy treat. These dried Oregon blueberries are slightly sweetened and ideal for mixing in cereals, or adding to cakes and muffins. They also make a delicious addition to salads and are perfect for snacking on. One taste of these plump and sweet dried blueberries and your taste buds will be in paradise.
Dried Blueberries have been found to improve vision, clear arteries, strengthen blood vessels, enhance memory, stop urinary tract infections, reverse age-related physical and mental declines,and promote weight control. In general, blueberries are one of the richest sources of antioxidant phytonutrients found in any fruit. Antioxidants help the body protect itself against diseases.
2. A one cup serving of fresh blueberries will give you five grams of fiber - more than most fruits and vegetables - and 15% of your daily vitamin C.
3. Researchers at the USDA Human Nutrition Center (HNRCA) have found that blueberries rank #1 in antioxidant activity when compared to 40 other fresh fruits and vegetables. Anthocyanin -- the pigment that makes the blueberries blue -- is thought to be responsible for this major health benefit. Studies have found that consumption of blueberries strengthens eyesight, inhibits aging, and improves memory.
4. In another USDA Human Nutrition Center (HNRCA) lab, neuroscientists discovered that feeding blueberries to laboratory rats slowed age-related loss in their mental capacity, a finding that has important implications for humans.
5. Blueberries may reduce the build up of so called "bad" cholesterol that contributes to cardiovascular disease and stroke, according to scientists at the University of California at Davis. Antioxidants are believed to be the active component.
6. Researchers at Rutgers University in New Jersey have identified a compound in blueberries that promotes urinary tract health and reduces the risk of infection. It appears to work by preventing bacteria from adhering to the cells that line the walls of the urinary tract.
7. A number of studies in Europe have documented the relationship between bilberries, the European cousin of blueberries and improved eyesight. This is thought to occur because of the anthocyanin in the blue pigment which is also available in the blueberry. One study in Japan documented that blueberries helped ease eye fatigue.
8. In Sweden, dried blueberries are used to treat childhood diarrhea (Kowalchuk, 1976). This use is attributed to anthocyanosides, a natural substance found in blueberries which is believed to be "lethal" to E. Coli (a bacteria sometimes linked to the infection).
9. Blueberries contain a variety of compounds. These include: antioxidants, anthocyanosides, bacterial inhibitors, folic acid, vitamins A and C, carotenoids, ellagic acid, folic acid, and dietary fibers.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
beth September 18, 2012
“Absolutely scrumshish! the dried blueberries are simply to die for and better than candy and the cranberries as well. Those are my favorites although I have tried the nectarines, pluots, mixed berries ets and they are all great! A great treat everyday and a healthy one. God bless! :)”
Kristin July 9, 2012
“Received my order of the Ultimate Chocolate & Vanilla Cream Coffee Beans. Awesome roasting! It's very hard not to eat the bean straight out of the bag. Your dried Blueberries beats those barely chewy blueberries that you buy at the "bulk" store. Worth every penny. I'll be back! Thanks! ”
Stoney June 18, 2012
“Thank you for the bomb Blueberries and for the killer cranberries...i want more!”
EDWARD, Fort Valley, Georgia May 11, 2012
“Great dried blueberries, dark chocolate covered blueberries and dark chocolate covered pineapple. I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly they arrived and the cold packaging preserved the chocolate covered items very nicely even though it is hot here in middle Georgia.”
Nancy April 5, 2012
“Quick delivery! Blueberries are fresh, soft, plump, and good. Thanks!”
Dr. Lois, Bristow, ok February 24, 2012
“This is the best dried fruit Ive ever had. Its sweet and yummy and not all dried out and hard its soft and yummy. Your nuts are also exceptional;. Keep up the good work in having such yummy foods, You good little nuts.”
Hedy January 11, 2012
“Fabulous dried blueberries -- go great in a nutty fruit mix with macadamias, cashews and toasted pecans -- along with your diced apricots -- salty and sweet -- yum!”
Toby, Boston, MA December 29, 2011
“First of all, I couldn't believe how quickly my package was delivered. It felt like it was the next day, but maybe it was the day after. Regardless, it was astonishing.
So far, I've tried the blueberries and the papaya and both are sweet, tender and DELICIOUS! I couldn't be happier and I plan to order lots more from you in the very near future!”
Debbie, Papillion, Nebraska October 20, 2011
“I just got my shipment of dried strawberries, blueberries and craisens! They are great! Thanks so much! This is the first time I've tried your company and I love it! I love putting them on salads and mix with cashews! Thanks so much!”
William R James June 13, 2011
“The Better Half, who is in Turkey for now, just received and told me howwwww much she liked them. Had to order 2 more lbs. of the dried blueberries to send to her!”
Showing 21-30 of 62
Karen, Sewaren, NJ August 21, 2014
“What a great price! Great flavor!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||5|
Blueberries, sugar, sunflower oil.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 500 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 1 year. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|10 Pound Cases|