Not sure what yumminess to explore? Want to try a smaller size before
indulging big time? Check out these tasty samples below!
Most samples are $2.50. Some are $3. (You can easily see the price by adding a sample to your cart).
Chocolate covered sunflower seeds are amazingly delicious. These tantalizing sunflower seeds are coated in smooth milk chocolate and a beautiful rainbow candy shell. They taste delicious and have an enticing look which makes them perfect for parties. Chocolate covered sunflower seeds are wickedly awesome and a new favorite of everyone at Nuts.com. These are the same thing as Gemmies and are very similar to Sunny Seed Drops. You’ll want to enjoy this crunchy and nutty chocolate treat by the handful.
See full product details
These are the most popular Turkish pistachios. Antep Turkish Pistachios, the closest to the supreme Iranian variety, are the smallest pistachio a little harder to open than the California, but pack the most punch. These roasted and salted nuts are the sweetest pistachios we sell.
See full product details
Are you looking for THE mix? Something packed with antioxidants, energy, and taste? We have the perfect and best tasting Antioxidant Mix you can get. Loaded with natural goji berries, organic cacao nibs, natural goldenberries, natural mulberries, and natural brazil nuts. Crunchy, sweet, and oh so delicious. See full product details
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These dried strawberries are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy. See full product details
Freshly roasted pumpkin seeds with a layer of salt surrounding each seed. These are the ones that the pro baseball players eat! Homestyle roasted pumpkin seeds are a classic (but hard to find!) salted snack still in the shell. Munch on this delicious treat while watching games at home or take them to the ballpark. Salted roasted pumpkin seeds are packed with nutrients like protein, fiber, and minerals. You’ll love these… yum.
Health Benefits of Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Roasted pumpkin seeds are an excellent source of protein. A single one-ounce serving of pumpkin seeds delivers 7 grams of protein to keep you feeling energized and satisfied. They are also a good source of dietary fiber, and minerals such as iron, potassium and magnesium. Plentiful in vitamin E and zinc, roasted pumpkin seeds boost your body’s natural defense against illnesses.
Enjoying a handful of these delicious homestyle pumpkin seeds is good for your heart! Pumpkin seeds are rich in plant-based compounds known as phytosterols which inhibit the absorption of cholesterol. A 2005 study published in the Journal of Agricultural Food Chemistry found that pumpkin seeds had the highest phytosterol content among commonly eaten nuts and seeds. This protective nutrient can help lower harmful cholesterol levels.
Can't decide which of our mouth-watering berries to try? We have made it easy for you. Treat yourself to our awesome berry mix. It's packed with strawberries, sour cherries, raspberries, cranberries, blackberries, blueberries, and bing cherries. This is definitely one sweet and tangy berry mix you do not want to miss.
Health Benefits of Dried Berries
1) Heart Health: This dried berry mix is bursting with heart-protective antioxidants known as anthocyanins, which may lower the risk for cardiovascular disease. A 2013 Harvard study published in the journal Circulation found that women who ate at least three servings of blueberries and strawberries per week were 34% less likely to suffer a heart attack than those who ate fewer servings.
2) Brain Food: Antioxidant-rich dried berries can also keep your mind sharp! A 2012 study published in the Annals of Neurology found that people who consumed strawberries and blueberries delayed memory decline for up to 2.5 years compared with those who did not eat berries. The antioxidants in the dried berry mix combat stress and inflammation which are risk factors for cognitive decline.
3) Nutritious Snack: One serving of our berry mix provides 3 grams of dietary fiber to support a healthy digestive system. Fiber also makes these dried berries a satisfying treat, and curbs the desire to snack on unhealthy foods later in the day. Just a small handful of this berry mix is rich in vitamin C, to keep your immune system strong and promote healthy skin.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking. See full product details
Jumbo cashews freshly roasted to perfection and then slightly salted to enhance a truly delicious taste. You will certainly understand why these salted roasted cashews are one of our top sellers.
In the old store, we always found my dad hanging around these salted cashews in the display counter. I wonder why... ;)
Health Benefits of Roasted Cashews
1. Cashews have a smaller fat content than most nuts, with roughly 75% consisting of unsaturated fatty acids.
2. About 75% of this unsaturated fatty acid content is oleic acid, which is the same monounsaturated fat found in olive oil. Various studies have shown that oleic acid promotes cardiovascular health, even with diabetics. Studies show that monounsaturated fat, when added to a low-fat diet, can help to reduce high triglyceride levels. Triglycerides are a form in which fats are carried in the blood. High levels of triglycerides are linked with an increased risk for heart disease, so making sure that you have some monounsaturated fats in your diet by enjoying roasted cashews is a good idea. Just a quarter-cup of these delicious nuts supplies over 37% of your daily recommended value for monounsaturated fat.
Looking for a nutritional fix? Try this POWER MIX! Great to snack on, put in your cereal, or pack with you on the trail!
If you are looking for a high energy snack that is loaded with protein and tastes great, then this mix is perfect for you. It is an amazingly delicious combination of roasted virginia peanuts (no salt), light raisins, dark raisins, dried strawberries, dried cherries, dried cranberries, and roasted soy beans (no salt). See full product details
These lightly salted Colossal Roasted Pistachios are wonderful and HUGE. At Nuts.com, we are proud of our nuts, and these roasted pistachios certainly take the cake, as they are the biggest and most delicious variety that we have seen in years! Some of our older employees have remarked that these remind them of the olden days and the pistachios our grandfather would find.
This is a naturally colored pistachio grown in California. Excellent to serve for all occasions. As the pistachio ripens the shell within splits, naturally indicating the proper harvest time.
Health Benefits of Roasted Pistachios
1. A one-ounce serving of roasted pistachios equals 49 nuts -- more nuts per serving than any other nut and contains more than 10% of the Daily Value for dietary fiber, vitamin B-6, thiamin, phosphorus and copper.
2. You can get more dietary fiber from a serving of roasted pistachios than a 1/2 cup of broccoli or spinach.
3. Pistachios are especially rich in phytosterols, which are directly associated with lowering cholesterol levels, and may offer protection from certain types of cancer.
4. A serving of roasted pistachios has as much thiamin as a 1/2 cup serving of cooked rice.
5. The amount of vitamin B-6 in a one-ounce serving of roasted pistachios is comparable to a standard three-ounce serving of pork or chicken.
6. One serving of roasted pistachios has as much potassium as half a large banana.
7. Pistachios are a very high quality plant source of protein, providing adequate and balanced amounts of essential amino acids. In addition, pistachios are relatively high in a nonessential amino acid, arginine, which may play a potential role in prevention or reduction of cardiovascular disease.
8. While pistachios contain fat, the fat is predominantly monounsaturated, similar to that found in olive oil. See full product details
Looking for a quick and healthy energy booster? Look no further than these delicious energy squares. Organic Raw Cacao Goji Energy Squares are packed with nutrition and taste - these bars are perfect anytime you crave a snack. Ideal for hikers and sports enthusiasts. These chunks of energy are never heated and are made of only the finest ingredients. Loaded with real chunks of cacao. See full product details
Our simply freeze-dried fruit cocktail is an incredibly scrumptious and crunchy mix of freeze-dried diced apples, bananas, diced peaches, diced pears, strawberries, and grapes. Our freeze-dried fruit cocktail makes for a real great snack. These simply fruits are 100% fruit and nothing else. See full product details
Dried organic mango slices and strips, with a sweet, rich and vibrant taste. You’ll love snacking on this healthy, tropical snack straight out of the bag! Our organic mango is certified organic by CCOF. Oh, it is a bit harder to chew, so be careful, but it's worth it.
Health Benefits of Dried Mango
Dried organic mango is a healthy option for satisfying your sweet tooth. It delivers a rich source of dietary fiber which makes this delicious tropical fruit a satisfying snack that keeps you feeling full and supports the digestive system. As an abundant source of vitamin A, a serving of organic mango goes a long way to boost your immune system. Vitamin A also acts as a protective antioxidant in the body to defend cells against the damaging effects of free radicals.
These moist and delicious whole wheat raspberry bars are delicious. A whole wheat crust filled with a delectable fig filling sweetened with a natural raspberry flavors. See full product details
Feel the Southern Heat of this spicy hot and delicious blend of peanuts, pepitas, toasted corn kernels, flavored sesame and corn sticks. Ideal for parties or for just snacking around for the discriminating and adventurous person. See full product details
Are you looking for the perfect cup of coffee in the morning to start your day? Then this is it...our most popular coffee! Leave it to us to roast a blend sure to satisfy even the toughest coffee critic.
Vibrant not only in flavor and color, these dried apricots are great and ideal for snacks. Our jumbo dried Turkish apricots are moist and chewy and - we think - pretty much perfect. Try them and let us know what you think! See full product details
This is one supreme mix! The freshest and only the best tasting brazils, pecans, almonds, filberts, cashews, pistachios, and macadamia nuts. Freshly roasted to perfection. See full product details
Grown in the vast Himalayan Mountain region, these natural dried and crunchy Goji Berries (Lycium barbarum), also known as Wolf Berries and Western Snowberries, have long been recognized for their medicinal purposes in Far East medicine. These 100% natural berries may help enhance the immune system, better your eyesight, and help protect the liver. They are also extremely high in Vitamin A.
How to Eat Goji Berries
Goji berries are delicious added to your cereal, trail mix, or yogurt. In their dried form, goji berries have a mild sweetness and are slightly chewy. Some folks like them reconstituted in hot water first. When the goji berry is reconstituted, it takes on a hearty sweetness. Goji berries can also be an unexpected addition to your soup and they make for a soothing drink when added to your tea.
Chef Joe of PBS's Taste This TV used our Goji berries to make Chocolate Covered Goji Berries, and he loved them!
"Goji berries...mother nature's gift! I have used many different Goji products in my career and I have never worked with such a fresh product. Nuts.com Goji berries come fresh, directly out of the package. Not only are you getting all the wonderful health benefits, but they taste so natural and fresh! From the plant to your table, Nuts.com is sure to satisfy your palette! Thank you, Nuts.com"
Goji Berries: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes to add these vitamin A rich berries to trail mix. Vitamin A is linked to boosting the immune system and plays a critical role in vision. For a simple trail mix recipe, combine 1 cup of your favorite nuts and seeds, 1 cup of goji berries, and 1 cup of granola.
Goji Berries: Health Bits & Bites
1. Goji berries are considered the world's most powerful anti-aging food. They're rated #1 on the ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) scale, which measures the antioxidant level of foods. Goji berries contain 3x the antioxidants of pomegranates!
2. Goji berries contain 8 of the 9 essential amino acids and have 18 amino acids in total.
3. Goji berries contain more Vitamin C per ounce than oranges. Vitamin C is especially helpful in keeping a healthy immune system and cardiovascular health.
4. Goji berries may support your eyesight. Researchers from the University of Sydney found that taurine, a compound in goji berries, may be helpful in protecting eyes from diabetes-related vision loss. A February 2001 study published in Optometry and Vision Science found that goji berry supplementation may slow the progression of macular degeneration in elderly patients.
Goji Berries in History
Goji berries have been in use for at least the last 1,700 years. First used by the Tibetans in China, these berries have become a staple in not only in Eastern cuisine, but also Eastern medicine. Rumor has it that the goji berry was discovered by a doctor who was studying the longevity of a particular tribe in the Himalayas whose members consistently lived for more than 100 years, had no grey hair, and healthy teeth. The doctor came across the well that grew above goji vines that the inhabitants drank from. As the goji berries would ripen, they would fall into the well and their nutrients would dissolve into the water.
In Chinese mythology, goji berries are known as the fruit of immortality. Even today, Chinese medicine uses goji berries to treat liver, immune system, circulation problems, and more.
Known as: Goji Berry, Goji Berries, Gojiberry, Gojiberries, Wolfberry, Wolfberries, Wolf Berry, and Wolf Berries
Looking for a snack with a kick? These wasabi coated green peas are sure to open your eyes and taste buds. Crunchy, spicy and oh-so-good!
One bite and you will know what we mean when we say HOT. We like to think we're tough, but when these fellas mix with our taste buds, even we begin to tear up! :-) See full product details
Are you ready for this organic trail mix? It’s a delicious and healthy combination of organic sunflower seeds, organic pepitas, organic seedless raisins, organic almonds, organic walnuts, organic cranberries, organic banana chips, organic brazil nuts, and organic cashews. This is a great everyday snack because it contains a variety of natural ingredients and is certified organic by CCOF.
Health Benefits of Organic Trail Mix
As a tasty combination of nuts, seeds, and dried fruit, organic trail mix is loaded with flavor and nutrition. Nuts and seeds are rich in protein to support healthy muscles and keep you feeling full longer. They are also a plentiful source of dietary fiber and monounsaturated fat which protect the heart and may lower LDL “bad” cholesterol levels. Dried fruits like raisins and cranberries pack a powerful dose of antioxidants and vitamins to keep your immune system strong, while crispy banana chips provide a boost of potassium. Organic trail mix is a real healthy treat!
Chia seeds (Salvia hispanica) are extremely high in Omega 3 and are loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Our Chia seeds are raw, Non-GMO, non-irradiated, and produced without pesticides.
Chia Seeds Health Information
30% of Chia seed oil is Omega 3 oil. 10% of its oil is Omega 6 oil. This is the perfect balance of essential fatty acids.
Chia seeds are great for athletes because they are highly hydrophilic, meaning they can absorb large amounts of water. They can hold 10 times their weight in water making them a great enhancer in hydrating our bodies.
Studies show that eating chia seed slows down how fast our bodies convert carbohydrate calories into simple sugars. This leads scientists to believe that the chia seed may have great benefits for diabetics.
The chia seed gels when becoming wet and this gel, when in our digestive systems, helps prevent some of the food, hence calories that we eat from getting absorbed into our system. This blockage of calorie absorption makes the chia seed a great diet helper. Eating the seeds also helps dieters by making them feel fuller faster so they will be less hungry.
You do not need to grind the Chia Seeds to digest it. It is a relatively easy to digest seed, whereas flax seeds are not. Often, one has to grind flax seeds to be able to process them in their digestive system. That is not the case with chia seeds.
Chia seeds can be eaten raw as a dietary fiber and omega 3 supplement. Chia seeds soaked in water or fruit juice are also often consumed and is known in Mexico as chia fresca. The soaked seeds are gelatinous in texture and are used in gruels, porridges and puddings. Ground chia seed is used in baked goods including breads, cakes and biscuits.
This gourmet mixed fruit is hands down the best quality dried mixed fruit you will find anywhere. To ensure the highest levels of quality, we mix it up ourselves with jumbo peaches, jumbo pears, jumbo apples, apricots, pitted plums, and Angelino plums. Out of this world! It's a beautiful mix and tastes wonderful.
Eating a combination of dried mixed fruit such as this one can deliver a large variety of nutrients. A selection of fruits provides more vitamins and minerals than you’ll get from any one kind of fruit. This is important because many antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals are more effective when taken in combination with one another.
Also, this dried mixed fruit provides an excellent source of dietary fiber in both essential forms: soluble and insoluble. Soluble fiber controls blood sugar and reduces LDL “bad” cholesterol levels. It also improves nutrient absorption to ensure your body benefits from the vitamins and minerals naturally occurring in the fruit. Insoluble fiber is vital for a healthy digestive system, and provides a sense of fullness.
Milk chocolate covered pretzels are an amazing snack. Put these out at your party and be prepared to refill the bowl! Milk chocolate covered pretzels are a terrific combination of sweet milk chocolate and salty sea salt, crunchy pretzel and decadent chocolate.
These premium quality chocolate covered pretzels are so versatile, they are a natural fit for any occasion. You might even be tempted to create a special occasion just to munch on these pretzels. They are that delicious!
This old time candy is a classic. These gourmet fruit slices come in a great variety of flavors such as watermelon, lemon, lime, orange, and raspberry. See full product details
Never have vegetables tasted so good! The only question is, are they too good for you? Our veggie chips are a tasty and colorful assortment of sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, green beans, and taro. Packed with fiber and vitamins, they’re a delicious snack that you can take anywhere. Buy vegetable chips today and you won’t miss potato chips one bit!
Enjoy a Healthy Snack
Treat yourself to a bowl of crunchy veggie chips the next time you have a case of the munchies. Each vegetable in this mix adds incredible taste and a diverse blend of nutrients. A single serving of veggie chips provides 3 grams of dietary fiber, which makes them a satisfying snack. You’ll get a boost of vitamins A and C to keep your immune system just as happy as your taste buds. Veggie chips are also a good source of minerals like calcium and iron. This guilt-free snack is one of the best ways to enjoy your vegetables!
Mochi rice cakes are a light, sweet Japanese dessert treat. With a soft, silky, and chewy texture, these delectable rice cakes will disappear before you know it. Our Mochi is similar to the Mochi used in frozen yogurt shops like PinkBerry, Red Mango, and Yogen Fruz.
In Japan, where mochi originates, the rice cakes are traditionally prepared during a ceremony called mochi-tsuki. To make the mochi, glutinous rice, a sweeter and stickier variety, is first soaked overnight and then cooked. The use of glutinous rice is an important element that gives mochi its trademark sticky texture and sweetness. After the rice is cooked, an old-fashioned wooden mallet and stone mortar are used to pound out the rice into a smooth, wet dough. Finally, the dough is shaped into round balls and dusted with cornstarch.
Mochi is commonly eaten by itself, with sweet condiments, or as a topping for ice cream, yogurt, desserts, and cereal. Daifuku (mochi stuffed with a sweet filling) is a traditional treat that’s popular in Japanese cultures today. Mochi is often served stuffed with sweet azuki bean paste, sweetened plum, or ground up peanuts. Two modern spins on traditional daifuku, mochi frozen yogurt and mochi ice cream have become increasingly popular in recent years.
Give this unique treat a try and you won't be disappointed! The soft chewiness coupled with the silky sweetness makes mochi a satisfying treat. It's not surprising that this sweet rice cake is quickly gaining popularity around the country!
We recommend that you keep mochi refrigerated to preserve its freshness.
This sweet rice cake is often eaten during Japanese New Year festivities. The Japanese believe that mochi symbolized the spirit of rice and that, by eating mochi, they will acquire the strength of the rice divinities.
Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes mochi rice cakes because they have less than half the sugar compared to many other sweet treats. They're also a great topping for frozen yogurt or whole grain cereal.
Organic Cacao Nibs are a real chocolate treat. Made from crushed cacao beans, these raw nibs are the original unsweetened chocolate chip. Organic cocoa nibs are crunchy, flavorful, and packed with powerful nutrients, antioxidants, and natural mood lifters. Try them straight, or sweeten with bananas and dates for
a truly healthy chocolate. Perfect for mixing into smoothies or trail mixes. The possibilities are endless for this crunchy antioxidant pick me up.
Cacao Nibs: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut loves Raw Cacao Nibs because they are made from 100% cacao, and they have 0 grams of sugar and 5 grams of fiber in a serving! The antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate come from cacao, too. Typically chocolate bars contain a percentage of cacao, some as little as 10%. By choosing raw cacao nibs, you incorporate 100% cacao into your diet.
Try adding cacao nibs into trail mix or quick breads for a chocolate taste. For a refreshing, antioxidant blast, blend a frozen banana, a splash of low fat or almond milk, and a tablespoon of cacao.
Health Benefits of Cacao:
1) Brain Food: A study led by researchers at the Northumbria University in England examined the effects of cacao consumption on cognitive activity. Subjects who consumed a cacao drink before performing mathematical calculations completed them more quickly and accurately than the control group that received no cacao. The lead professor of the study suggested that the high polyphenol content of cacao may be protective against declining cognitive function.
2) Lower Blood Pressure: Studies from universities throughout the United States have demonstrated that eating unprocessed cacao can support the cardiovascular system and reduce blood pressure. One such study by the University of Utah found that healthy patients who consumed unprocessed cacao experienced a decrease in systolic and diastolic blood pressure by 5mm within two weeks.
3) Improve Insulin Sensitivity: The flavonols present in organic raw cacao nibs may play an important role in lowering diabetic risk. Researchers at Tufts University and the University of L’Aquilla found that flavonol-rich cacao reduced blood pressure, regulated blood glucose levels, and increased the function of cells that produce insulin.
4) Lift Your Mood: Feeling a little blue? A serving of raw cacao nibs can act as a powerful mood-enhancer. Cacao is packed with compounds that increase levels of endorphins and serotonin in our brain; these are the chemicals that cheer us up, reduce anxiety, and give us a general sense of well-being.
Five Delightful Uses of Cacao Nibs
1) Enjoy them straight or accompanied by your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
2) Make a trail mix by mixing a handful of organic cacao nibs with nuts and dried fruit.
3) Grind a tablespoon of cacao nibs and then blend them into a fruit smoothie for a unique chocolate kick.
4) Incorporate a spoonful of organic cacao nibs into your morning cereal or oatmeal for an antioxidant boost.
5) Substitute part chocolate chips for cocoa nibs in baked goods like brownies or muffins to add a deep chocolate richness.
Assorted Jordan almonds come in gorgeous pastel colors to complement your special celebration. These California almonds are roasted slightly, and then covered in a colorful candy coating! For those looking to make wedding candy favors, there are approximately 110 Jordan almonds in a pound. Our premium assorted Jordan almonds will look perfect in a springtime party or outdoor gathering. Crunchy and sweet, your guests will adore these sugared almonds.
Everyone's favorite gummy candy. Soft and chewy classic gummy bears with no sugar in a variety of colors and flavors.
*Warning: Excess consumption may have a laxative effect. Each serving contains 30.5 grams of sugar alcohol* See full product details
Malted milk balls coated with a layer of dark chocolate, then a layer of milk chocolate, then a layer of white chocolate, and finally marbled! See full product details
Holy Cow! This is one ULTIMATE mix. Packed with sugar free chocolate raisins, peanuts, almonds. We even add some sugar free yogurt covered peanuts and almonds. Don't eat too much at once! See full product details
Some of the best tasting licorice in the world comes from Australia. Known for its unique taste and soft and chewy texture, this Black Australian Licorice truly is amazing and is made by the manufacturer of Kookaburra. See full product details
These are not your store bought dried cranberries! Why settle for cranberry halves when you can have the whole cranberry? These plump and delicious cranberries might make you cry from their beauty. This delicious dried fruit has a distinctive taste perfect for snacks and exceptional for muffins, breads, and cereals. Slightly sweetened. See full product details
This crunchy vanilla flavored granola is so good. It is already one of the our favorite items here. Big chunks of glazed vanilla granola. This is delicious in ice cream, yogurt, and cereal. See full product details
We searched high and low for the best tasting flavored pistachios that pack the most heat. These habanero pistachios will surely satisfy your heat seeking taste buds! See full product details
This imported crystallized ginger is ideal for a spicy snack, a unique cup of tea, or an ingredient in your cooking.
About Crystallized Ginger
Crystallized ginger is pungent with a spicy-sweet flavor and is moist and chewy. It is embraced as a natural remedy for reducing hot flashes - huge numbers of women swear by it. It helps alleviate indigestion and colds...and don't forget to take it with you on boat trips for sea sickness! (Some of us here know from experience that it's an absolutely essential part of your travel kit...)
Interestingly, ginger itself is as old as the recorded history of man. A native to southern Asia and India, it is spoken of in the Jewish Talmud, written about by Marco Polo, and even recommended by Henry VIII as a remedy against the plague.
Crystallized Ginger Health Benefits
1) Anti-Inflammatory Effects: Crystallized ginger can reduce inflammation and relieve the pain associated with it. A 2012 study published in the journal Arthritis compared the anti-inflammatory effect of ginger extract to that of common drugs used in the treatment of arthritis, such as cortisone and ibuprofen. The researchers observed that ginger extract was as effective as cortisone at relieving arthritic pain, and that ginger can treat inflammation without the negative side effects associated with the common drugs.
2) Treatment for Nausea: Ginger has long been used as a natural remedy to alleviate nausea caused by motion sickness, morning sickness, and chemotherapy. A study funded by the National Cancer Institute examined over 600 people who had experienced nausea after a chemotherapy treatment. Those patients who received ginger supplements throughout the rest of their treatments experienced a 40 percent reduction in nausea symptoms.
3) Immunity-Booster: During flu season, make sure you have crystallized ginger on-hand! Ginger contains active compounds that can relieve sinuses and protect the body against toxins and viruses. A 2008 article published in BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine discussed ginger’s ability to activate T-cells, a group of white blood cells that help destroy viruses and tumor cells.
Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes to add crystallized ginger to stir fries (throw in some cashews, too!). Also, keep a bag of this on hand to boost immunity and to eliminate nausea!
Yummy Earth's Organic Gummy Bears are tasty delight. Flavors include Pomegranate Pucker, Tangy Tangerine, and Sour Apple Tart. See full product details
Unpasteurized, Raw, Organic Almonds
Perfectly delicious, loaded with nutrition and significant in size, these organic almonds are among our
best selling products. Our raw organic almonds are just that--truly raw and unpasteurized
--and certified organic. Great raw almonds like these can be difficult to get in the United States,
as California almonds marketed as "raw" are often steam-pasteurized, but our non-pasteurized
almonds are imported from Spain.
The robust flavor of our organic almonds makes them a superior snack all by themselves, and they're
incredible in homemade trail mix or sprinkled over desserts. You can even blend raw almonds in a food
processor or coffee grinder to make your own fresh, raw almond flour.
Organic Raw Almond Nutrition
1) Lower Cholesterol: Organic almonds boast the highest concentration of monounsaturated fat among commonly eaten nuts. The cholesterol-lowering effect of this heart-healthy fat has been demonstrated in numerous studies. A 2005 study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that consuming almonds as part of a heart-healthy diet can lower LDL "bad" cholesterol levels just as effectively as first generation statin drugs.
2) Protective Antioxidants: Almonds are one of the richest food sources of alpha-tocopherol, the form of vitamin E that is most easily absorbed by the body. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that supports the immune system, helps our bodies create red blood cells, and protects cells against the damaging effects of free radicals. According to research in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association, eating almonds can help meet the Recommended Dietary Allowance of 15 mg/day alpha-tocopherol and improve red blood cell concentration.
3) Tons of Nutrients: Organic almonds are abundant in even more nutty nutrients, like protein, dietary fiber, magnesium, calcium, and potassium. A one-ounce serving of almonds contains 12% of the Daily Value (DV) of protein, nearly 15% DV of dietary fiber, 20% DV of magnesium, 7% DV of calcium, and 5% DV of potassium.
4) Regulate Blood Sugar Levels: Almonds are a rich source of soluble fiber, which helps the body absorb nutrients from food and slows the uptake of cholesterol in the blood. A 2007 study published in the journal Metabolism found that eating almonds alongside white bread regulated spikes in blood sugar that normally occur with eating white bread alone. Almond consumption also appeared to lower the glycemic index of the meal.
Amazingly Filling Organic Raw Almonds
Almonds' monounsaturated fat can not only lower LDL or "bad" cholesterol, it can keep you full--
really full--for a really long time. For this reason, organic raw almonds are promoted more frequently
than other organic raw nuts as a powerful weight loss food. When it comes to a great tasting,
nutrient-rich snack that makes it easier to avoid overeating, organic almonds have few rivals.
These non pasteurized almonds are a unique variety from Spain. This particular variety will always have some almonds that are bitter. These are not dangerous to eat, but they may have a slightly unpleasant taste to some. Unfortunately, there is no way to avoid this. See full product details
Organic maca powder comes from an adaptogenic root known for its dynamic natural effects--users tend to experience a big boost in energy, relief from stress and even an increase in libido. Organic maca powder can add a powerful dose of calcium, iron, magnesium, selenium and seven essential amino acids to your diet.
Health Benefits of Maca Powder
As an adaptogenic root, maca reduces anxiety and improves our ability to adapt in stressful situations. The rich iron content of organic maca powder supports the formation of hemoglobin: the red blood cells responsible for delivering oxygen throughout your body. Iron keeps us feeling energized and helps fight fatigue throughout the day. And beyond its noticeable effects on energy and endurance, a daily maca supplement regimen can promote better endocrine system health and may relieve ulcers, mild depression and menopause symptoms.
Maca Powder: Tastes and Uses
Organic maca powder has a mildly sweet and pleasant butterscotch flavor, which makes it an easy additive to everyday drinks and food. It's a great complement to oatmeal and other hot morning cereals, and powdered maca is even sweet enough to blend into milkshakes or stir into hot chocolate. Sprinkle a few teaspoons over popcorn, sliced fruit, or soups, or combine it with our organic cacao powder for an extra-energizing maca supplement.
Maca Powder: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
There are 4 grams of fiber in just 1/2 ounces of organic maca powder and maca powder is known for its energy boosting properties. Plus, the powder has a mild flavor that doesn't overpower other tastes. Our Health Nut and Registered Dietitian says maca powder is a great way to boost the nutrient content of baked goods, such as breads, pancakes or muffins. When baking, add a few teaspoons to the flour mixture in the recipe to ensure it's mixed well throughout the batter.
Origins of Organic Maca Powder
Maca (Lepidium meyenii) is a finicky root, similar to a turnip or radish, that only grows well in the cold, arid climates of high mountain plateaus, and in soil that is inhospitable to most other crops. It is native to the Peruvian Andes, where it is still cultivated and carried to the villages below to be dried and ground into organic maca powder.
The root has a rich history in Peruvian culture and is believed to have been traditionally consumed by ancient Incan warriors just prior to battle, giving them superior endurance and strength. Its use as an aphrodisiac and fertility aid is also a time-honored Peruvian tradition. Maca benefits have historically been so sought-after and well-known in the area that the root was accepted by the Spanish as a form of currency during the colonization of the Inca Empire.
Spirulina is a vivid blue-green algae that commonly grows in freshwater lakes and ponds. It's considered a complete protein, containing an ideal balance of all 9 essential amino acids. And its protein is more digestible than other rich protein sources such as red meat and even soy.
Spirulina's whopping protein content isn't the only asset that gives it its superfood status—it's naturally loaded with vitamins A through E, iron, potassium, calcium, and antioxidants. All it takes is one to two teaspoons per day, mixed into virtually any food or liquid, to add a major boost of protein, vitamins and minerals to your everyday diet.
What is Spirulina and Where Does It Come From?
Our spirulina is a blue-green algae that is grown in open-channel, shallow, man-made raceway ponds. Paddle wheels move the water to accelerate growth while growers continually add clean, fresh water and nutrients to the ponds to keep the spirulina thriving. When ready, the spirulina is harvested with filters, washed in fresh water, and then dried by spray drying machines. Our spirulina is non-irradiated and non-GMO (Genetically Modified Organism).
How to Eat Spirulina
To enjoy this superfood, mix 1 teaspoon of the powder in liquids, smoothies, salad dressings, guacamole, or sprinkle it in food. It'll blend right in with the smoky taste of seaweed and give your meal superpowers! Blend the superpowder with fruits and yogurt for a spirulina smoothie, or combine it with avocados for a guacamole dip. On the right-hand side of the page, you can find even more delicious spirulina recipes.
Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes to add spirulina to guacamole to boost protein content of the heart-healthy dip. Spirulina is about 55-77% protein by weight compared with 27% of meat and 34% of soy. This means that one ounce boasts 16 grams of protein.
Spirulina Health Benefits
1. Because its cell walls have no cellulose, spirulina's protein is 85%-95% digestible. This percentage is higher than that of any other common plant!
2. Spirulina has an Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of over 24,000, which is four times the ORAC score of blueberries! The ORAC score measures the antioxidant concentration in foods.
3. Spirulina also contains a wide range of minerals, ranging from calcium to potassium to zinc. Amino acids play a key role in our body's ability to efficiently use these minerals - and spirulina contains all 9 essential amino acids!
4. Spirulina has 26 times the calcium of milk, which makes it a more potent alternative to common calcium sources such as dairy and cheeses.
5. Spirulina may lower cholesterol and blood pressure. Its anti-inflammatory properties stem from the presence of gamma linolenic acid. A 2007 study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry found that spirulina consumption protected hamsters from developing atherosclerosis, the build-up of plaque inside arteries.
6. Spirulina can help manage blood glucose levels in diabetic patients. A 2001 study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food observed the effect of spirulina consumption in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. The diabetic patients experienced lower blood glucose levels, triglyceride levels, and LDL "bad" cholesterol levels.
What Experts Say
SHAPE Magazine:"A daily 4,500mg dose of this blue-green algae can help relax artery walls and normalize blood pressure. It may also help your liver balance your blood fat levels-decreasing your LDL cholesterol by 10% and raising HDL cholesterol by 15 percent."
Dr. Oz from the Dr. Oz Show:"For a metabolism-boosting snack, blast off with spirulina. Made from dehydrated blue-green algae, spirulina is a miracle from the sea for your metabolism. It's packed with protein and all the essential amino acids your body needs to keep your metabolism charged up by fueling your cells."
Spirulina Through the Ages
Named the "Best Food for the Future" at the 1974 United Nations World Food Conference, spirulina soon caught on as a possible solution to severe malnutrition in third-world nations. The Intergovernmental Institution for the use of Micro-algae Spirulina Against Malnutrition (IIMSAM) was later founded to promote spirulina benefits such its ability to provide the malnourished with nutrients, its low amount of side effects and eco-friendly cultivation practices.
A true future food, it may even soon be cultivated in zero gravity by NASA and the European Space Agency. In fact, NASA includes spirulina in its astronauts' diet and plans to grow the algae on its space station.
Hold on to your seats for these BBQ toasted corn nuts! And your taste buds for that matter! You've asked for them and we finally delivered. Smokey barbeque corn nuts are incredible. See full product details
Milk chocolate pecan clusters also known as Turtles. We take fresh roasted pecans and cover them in gooey and delicious caramel. Then smother them in only the smoothest best tasting milk chocolate. See full product details
Old fashioned moist and delicious fudge with pieces of walnuts.
Fudge will stay fresh in an air tight container for up to 3 months. You can freeze it for up to a year. The fudge should not be refrigerated as it will cause the fudge to dry out.
Wake up your taste buds with Acai Blueberry Superfood Cereal! Grain-free, nutrient-dense, and packed with flavor, this superfruit cereal is an awesome way to get more color in your diet. Dark blue and purple foods like blueberries and acai offer powerful antioxidants that have all but vanished from the Western diet. Looking for more color? How about bilberry, elderberry, amla, and camu camu? Yes, all these power-packed superfruits step up the antioxidant support of this superfood cereal. Combine these superfruits with the crunch of sprouted buckwheat and coconut, and you've got a cereal that will keep you going all morning long. See full product details
All natural delicious and buttery smooth dried persimmons. These are some of the largest and best tasting persimmons you can find anywhere. No additives at all!
Due to crop availability we currently only have these smaller and darker persimmon. These honey apple variety of persimmons are much smaller,darker, and sweeter than traditional persimmons. While these may not be as large, pretty and bright, they taste even better! See full product details
Jumbo Medjool Dates are one of our crown jewels at Nuts.com. Plump, moist, and luscious, medjool dates are simply divine.
An extremely meaty date with a tiny pit. We also carry pitted dates. See full product details
We searched high and low for the best tasting flavored pistachios. These Chili Lemon Pistachios are really great. The spicy heat of chili mixed with the refreshing taste of lemon will really make your taste buds tingle! See full product details
Steel-Cut Oats are freshly milled from high protein oats and cut into neat little pieces on a steel buhr mill. Steel Cut Oats are one of the healthiest foods you can eat and they make a delightful, full-bodied hot cereal with an appealing texture. Try some Steel Cut Oats today!
Basic Cooking Instructions for Steel Cut Oats
- 1 cup Oats, Steel Cut
- 3 cups Water
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
Bring water and salt to a boil. Add oats, reduce heat, and cook 10-20 minutes (depending on how chewy you like your cereal). Stir occasionally. Cover and remove from heat and let stand a few minutes. Makes 3 cups of cereal.
Jumbo Buttercrunch Mix is a hard toffee center layered in milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and marbled chocolate. Pure heaven! See full product details
Organic golden flax seed is an extremely rich plant source of omega-3s, the essential fatty acids that protect the heart and reduce excess inflammation in the body. They are also an excellent source of dietary fiber, protein, and lignans to give your diet a major nutrient boost. Whole flax seeds have a longer shelf life than ground flax seed, although we recommend grinding them to increase nutrient absorption and gain the most health benefits. This golden flax seed is certified organic by CCOF.
Health Benefits of Organic Golden Flax Seed
Organic golden flax seed is extremely rich in omega-3 fatty acids, specifically alpha-linolenic acid or ALA, which reduces inflammation levels in the body and lowers the risk for chronic conditions such as heart disease and arthritis. Flax seed is also an excellent plant-based source of lignans, a type of phytoestrogens that may have anti-cancer properties. Animal studies suggest that the lignans found in flax seed may have protective effects against breast cancer and prostate cancer.
Golden flax seed is also high in dietary fiber, including both soluble and insoluble forms. Soluble fiber can help control blood sugar levels and reduce LDL "bad" cholesterol, while insoluble fiber supports a healthy digestive system. Per serving, organic golden flax seed adds five hearty grams of protein to your diet. The nutritional content of organic golden flax seed is very similar to that of brown flax seed.
How to Enjoy Organic Golden Flax Seed
The recommended serving of golden flax seed is 1-2 tablespoons per day. Organic golden flax seed has a nutty flavor that blends in well with other foods. Grinding flax seed is the best way to ensure your body maximizes absorption of its protective nutrients. Our flax seeds can be ground in a coffee grinder, spice mill, or food processor. Ground golden flax seed can be sprinkled into smoothies, cereal, pancakes, soups, and any other recipes you like. If you do not wish to grind them, the whole seeds can be added to salads, oatmeal, baked goods, and other foods for a great nutty crunch.
Organic Golden Flax Seed Storage
Store organic golden flax seed in an airtight container that does not permit light to pass through. Store in a cool, dark, dry location away from heat. Flax seed will last several months if properly stored.
Our organic hemp protein powder is a must-have for any athlete. Packed with 50% protein and all of the nutrients from hemp seeds, this powder is chock full of energy. As a plant-based source of protein, it’s distinctive for being easy for the body to digest and absorb.
Hemp protein powder boasts all the same nutrients as the hemp seeds from which it’s made. This includes a nearly perfect balance of essential amino acids and fatty acids that we need to consume because our bodies can’t produce them naturally. The ideal balance of omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids plays an important role in helping the brain, heart, and immune system function normally. Hemp protein is also a rich source of Vitamin E, dietary fiber and important minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium and zinc.
How is it made?
Hemp protein powder is made by cold-pressing whole hemp seeds, a process that separates the seed from the oil to leave behind a dry, cake-like substance. This cake is then cold-milled to produce this highly-concentrated source of protein in powder form.
Taste and Uses
Hemp protein powder has a mild nutty flavor that works well with everyday foods. We recommend mixing it in yogurt, shakes, recipes for baked goods, or blending it with fruits and veggies for smoothies. Some of our customers even eat it straight out of the bag!
Whole Organic white buckwheat is a nutritional powerhouse and is not only great for your health, but also a nice complement to your cereal. Oprah calls buckwheat a Super Food! It is high in potassium and phosphorous and contains 50% more vitamin B than wheat. Buckwheat has the highest source of biological protein in the plant kingdom. It has over 90% of the protein value of milk solids and 80% of whole egg solids.
This buckwheat is all natural. Interestingly, despite its name, buckwheat is not a member of the wheat family and is botanically speaking a fruit!
Basic Cooking Instructions
Ingredients: 1 cup Buckwheat Groats (Organic), 2 cups Water.
Cooking Directions: Combine 1 cup Whole Buckwheat Groats with 2 cups water in large sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook 10 to 12 minutes, then let stand 5 minutes.
Organic English raw walnuts (pieces and halves) out of the shell. These are certified organic by CCOF. Raw organic walnuts are rich in nutrients like protein, omega-3, and antioxidants. They make a great addition to your diet and are perfect for snacking, cooking, and baking.
How to Enjoy Organic Walnuts
Our organic raw walnuts have a delectable nutty flavor, and a crisp, buttery texture. They are delicious for snacking and can also be baked into cookies, cakes, and breads. Toss them into salads or sprinkle them over soup for a delightful nutty crunch. Walnuts also go well as a topping for ice cream or frozen yogurt.
Health Benefits of Organic Walnuts
Raw organic walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 essential fatty acids. In fact, they are one of the richest food sources of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). A 2009 study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition compared the effects of walnuts and fatty fish on coronary heart disease. The research found that although both of these food sources are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, walnuts were more effective at lowering LDL "bad" cholesterol in healthy patients.
Polyphenols, a class of antioxidants linked to the prevention of degenerative diseases, are abundant in organic raw walnuts! Research from a 2012 published in the journal Food & Function identified walnuts as the leading source of polyphenols among nine different types of raw and roasted nuts. Organic walnuts also contain the amino acid L-arginine, which helps manage blood pressure. Research from a 2010 study published in the journal Medical Science Monitor found that L-arginine supplementation lowered blood pressure. High blood pressure is associated with serious conditions like heart disease.
Quinoa (pronounced keen-wah) is a light, fluffy, edible seed that feels and tastes more like a grain. Our organic quinoa is pre-rinsed so it is ready for cooking!
Thanks to its mild, somewhat nutty and irresistible flavor, organic quinoa is an immensely popular
food. But this "mother grain" is also valued for its tremendous nutritional content.
Among the wholesome attributes that make the organic quinoa grain special are:
1) Quinoa is considered a complete protein because it contains all 9 essential amino acids. A one-cup serving of cooked organic quinoa contains 12-18% Daily Value (DV) for protein, which is more than any grain. In particular, organic quinoa contains lysine, an amino acid that most grains lack. Lysine helps the body absorb calcium and reduces stress-induced anxiety.
2) According to the USDA, quinoa contains nearly twice as much dietary fiber as other grains. A serving of organic quinoa has about 20% DV for dietary fiber, which supports a healthy digestive system by speeding up the passage of food and waste. It also keeps you feeling full longer to prevent overeating and promote weight loss.
3) Organic quinoa is a good source of minerals like phosphorous, magnesium and iron. Phosphorous is important for bone formation, kidney health, and muscle strength. Magnesium controls blood glucose levels, aids the absorption of calcium, and regulates blood pressure. Iron helps deliver oxygen-rich blood cells throughout the body.
This power-packed nutritional combo helped give quinoa the name "Gold of the Incas" when it was
cultivated thousands of years ago in the Andes; Incan warriors highly valued the crop for the
energy and stamina it gave them.
Chef Joe of PBS's Taste This TV used our organic quinoa to make Quinoa with Goat Cheese and Dried Sausage, and he loved it!
"Nuts.com quinoa is another great product that is completely natural, gluten free, kosher, and grown wild. Unlike other products, Nuts.com quinoa is pre-rinsed and therefore do not have that bitter taste other quinoa products may have. Over the last few years, I have tried many other quinoa products and nothing can be compared to Nuts.com quinoa!"
Quinoa: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Health Nut places organic quinoa at the top of her favorite "grains" list and likes to use it in stir-fries in place of rice. Quinoa earns its top spot because it has double the protein compared to other whole grains and is considered a complete protein source because it has all the essential amino acids.
Start with a Simple Quinoa Recipe
Cooking organic quinoa is extremely easy and fast. Just combine one part of our bulk quinoa with
two parts water or broth, bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 to 20
minutes. Fluff it with a fork, and it's delicious and ready to serve as-is or with your choice
But this basic quinoa recipe is just the beginning. Cooked quinoa is similar in flavor, texture
and consistency to both rice and couscous, but it is much more nutritious. Try substituting this
superfood for rice or couscous in all sorts of recipes--stir fry, soup, casseroles and more--
to reinvent it as a high-protein meal. You can also make quinoa flour by grinding the seeds.
Store organic quinoa in sealed plastic or glass containers in a cool, dark, dry cabinet. Quinoa will stay fresh for one year if properly stored.
Buy Quinoa for Special Diets
One of organic quinoa's greatest benefits is that it is so well suited to a wide range of dietary restrictions.
As a rare complete protein in the plant world, it can be the cornerstone of nutrition for vegans and
vegetarians who can't get protein from meat, fish, poultry or dairy.
Our bulk quinoa is
naturally gluten-free, certified kosher and grown wild, free of all pesticides and chemicals. And when you buy quinoa from Nuts.com, it arrives at your door pre-rinsed and free of the natural
saponin that can give the cooked seeds a bitter taste.
What the Experts Say about Quinoa
Dr. Weil says, "Quinoa's protein is complete, containing all nine essential amino acids - a rarity in the plant kingdom… a must-add to your culinary repertoire."
Dole Nutrition Institute says, "Quinoa incorporates quite a lot of nutrients into tiny seeds. It contains more protein than most grains and offers a more evenly balanced array of amino acids, the building blocks of protein. Quinoa is also higher in phosphorus, magnesium, copper, zinc and iron than most grains."