Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Almonds (Raw, No Shell)
Unpasteurized, Raw, Organic Almonds
Perfectly delicious, loaded with nutrition and significant in size, these unpasteurized almonds are among our
best selling products. Our raw organic almonds are just that--truly raw and unpasteurized
--and certified organic. Great raw almonds like these can be difficult to get in the United States,
as California almonds marketed as "raw" are often steam-pasteurized, but our non-pasteurized
almonds are imported from Spain.
The robust flavor of our organic almonds makes them a superior snack all by themselves, and they're
incredible in homemade trail mix or sprinkled over desserts. You can even blend our unpasteurized almonds in a food
processor or coffee grinder to make your own fresh, raw almond flour.
Organic Raw Almond Nutrition
1) Lower Cholesterol: Organic raw almonds boast the highest concentration of monounsaturated fat among commonly eaten nuts. The cholesterol-lowering effect of this heart-healthy fat has been demonstrated in numerous studies. A 2005 study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that consuming almonds as part of a heart-healthy diet can lower LDL "bad" cholesterol levels just as effectively as first generation statin drugs.
2) Protective Antioxidants: Almonds are one of the richest food sources of alpha-tocopherol, the form of vitamin E that is most easily absorbed by the body. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that supports the immune system, helps our bodies create red blood cells, and protects cells against the damaging effects of free radicals. According to research in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association, eating almonds can help meet the Recommended Dietary Allowance of 15 mg/day alpha-tocopherol and improve red blood cell concentration.
3) Good Source of Protein: With 7 grams of protein per serving, organic raw almonds really pack a protein punch. Our bodies use protein to build and repair tissue, and almonds are an easy grab-and-go source of this important nutrient. As a plant-based source of protein, these unpasteurized almonds are suitable for vegan and vegetarian diets. They also make a great post-workout snack that helps repair muscle tissue.
4) Tons of Nutrients: Organic almonds are abundant in even more nutty nutrients, like protein, dietary fiber, magnesium, calcium, iron and potassium. A one-ounce serving of almonds contains 12% of the Daily Value (DV) of protein, nearly 15% DV of dietary fiber, 20% DV of magnesium, 7% DV of calcium, 5% DV of iron and 5% DV of potassium.
5) Regulate Blood Sugar Levels: Almonds are a rich source of soluble fiber, which helps the body absorb nutrients from food and slows the uptake of cholesterol in the blood. A 2007 study published in the journal Metabolism found that eating almonds alongside white bread regulated spikes in blood sugar that normally occur with eating white bread alone. Almond consumption also appeared to lower the glycemic index of the meal.
Suggestions for Enjoying Organic Almonds
1) Healthy Snacking Staple: Keep raw almonds on-hand to curb your appetite between meals. You can mix them with other nuts and dried fruit for a tasty trail mix, or toss them with rolled oats for an all natural granola.
2) Smooth Almond Butter: Pour 3 cups of organic almonds into your food processor, and run it for 20-30 minutes, stopping a few times to scrape the mixture from the sides. Process the almonds until you’ve achieved an ideal creamy consistency.
3) Crunchy Delight: Chop the organic almonds and enjoy them for a variety of uses! Sprinkle them over salads for a boost of protein and healthy fats, or add them to baked goods for a satisfying crunch. Buy organic almonds in bulk; they’re a snacking & baking essential that should always be stocked in your pantry.
Amazingly Filling Organic Raw Almonds
Almonds' monounsaturated fat can not only lower LDL or "bad" cholesterol, it can keep you full-- really full--for a really long time. For this reason, organic raw almonds are promoted more frequently than other organic raw nuts as a powerful weight loss food. When it comes to a great tasting, nutrient-rich snack that makes it easier to avoid overeating, organic almonds have few rivals.
These non pasteurized almonds are a unique variety from Spain. This particular variety will always have some almonds that are bitter. These are not dangerous to eat, but they may have a slightly unpleasant taste to some. Unfortunately, there is no way to avoid this.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Susan, South Lyon, MI March 26, 2014
“LOVE your organic almonds! Made a batch of almond milk and it's the best! The mixed organic mix is also GREAT! Will be trying out more of your organic line as well as some of the fun treats soon. Thanks from South Lyon, MI”
Irene , Northbrook, IL March 15, 2014
“Trying to eat more raw food..your raw almonds are a godsend, thank you for outstanding service and will order other raw food that you having , keep up good work”
Kim, Brookline, Massachusetts March 13, 2014
“second order with you guys. the raw organic almonds make incredible nut milk. the dried pears are not too sweet, very plump, & clean tasting—pretty amazing. the walnuts, too, are chubby and delicate & fresh—best i've ever had. thank you.”
Anthony, Rome, New York March 11, 2014
“Literally the BEST almonds I ever had...ordered the organic raw unshelled almonds & got them the NEXT day...OUTSANDING...straight A s accross the board!!”
Nissa, Grantsburg, IL March 11, 2014
“I just received my order, and once again I am very pleased!!! The crystallized ginger was absolutely delicious... sweet & spicy, and it just melted in my mouth! The st. john's bread and raw spanish almonds were excellent as well. and thank you for the free sample of turkish figs... they were scrumptious!! you definitely have a life- long customer :)”
Kim, Brookline, Massachusetts March 4, 2014
“well, i have to say i suspected many of the reviews on nuts.com to be manufactured b/c they're so universally glowing, but now i'm writing one just like all the others... i'm really very happy with my purchase. the organic raw almonds are beautiful: slightly softer than the "raw" (pasteurized) almonds i'm used to & very delicate with an almost floral flavor. The raw organic macadamias, & european hazelnuts are equally fresh & delicious—you can tell there's not a stale or rancid molecule in them.... and i love the bright orange bags. thanks!!”
Alvin, Glenn Dale, Maryland February 12, 2014
“I'm on my second 5lb. bag of these Raw Organic Almonds. They are pricey, but I pay for quality. You guys also ship AMAZINGLY fast. I ordered something Friday afternoon and got it Saturday morning (lol).
Also, I appreciate the treats/samples that they send (ie. buckwheat) along with every order, as well as the humorous box printing. It's little stuff like this that separate Nuts.com from others. Stay in business, please! :-)”
Jaime, Alachua, Fl. February 11, 2014
“We received our order of raw organic almonds yesterday. I am happy to say we were very pleased with them. They were not as "meaty" as California almonds but the flavor was incredible. And not pasteurized! Yippee! Thx for the gift buckwheat. 2 day delivery too!”
Larry, Stroudsburg, PA February 7, 2014
“My order arrived quickly and heeding the advice on the box, I opened it right away. I purchased some organic raw almonds and I can honestly say these were the freshest nuts I ever had...very tasty! Much better than the bulk bins at the natural food store. Also, thanks for the Quinoa sample too! Looking forward to trying some more of your products.”
Windeliz, Tampa, FL January 14, 2014
“Everything I have ordered has been delicious- from the raw organic almonds to the fudge and the crystallized ginger. It all tastes so fresh and REAL. I have never had almonds like these; you can definitely tell the difference. The samples are also much appreciated. Thank you!”
Showing 41-50 of 146
wendy, San Francisco, CA October 1, 2014
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||140|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 380 pieces per pound.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: Spain
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|