Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Almonds (Raw, No Shell)
Unpasteurized, Raw, Organic Almonds
Perfectly delicious, loaded with nutrition and significant in size, these unpasteurized almonds are among our
best selling products. Our raw organic almonds are just that--truly raw and unpasteurized
--and certified organic. Great raw almonds like these can be difficult to get in the United States,
as California almonds marketed as "raw" are often steam-pasteurized, but our non-pasteurized
almonds are imported from Spain.
The robust flavor of our organic almonds makes them a superior snack all by themselves, and they're
incredible in homemade trail mix or sprinkled over desserts. You can even blend our unpasteurized almonds in a food
processor or coffee grinder to make your own fresh, raw almond flour.
Organic Raw Almond Nutrition
1) Lower Cholesterol: Organic raw almonds boast the highest concentration of monounsaturated fat among commonly eaten nuts. The cholesterol-lowering effect of this heart-healthy fat has been demonstrated in numerous studies. A 2005 study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that consuming almonds as part of a heart-healthy diet can lower LDL "bad" cholesterol levels just as effectively as first generation statin drugs.
2) Protective Antioxidants: Almonds are one of the richest food sources of alpha-tocopherol, the form of vitamin E that is most easily absorbed by the body. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that supports the immune system, helps our bodies create red blood cells, and protects cells against the damaging effects of free radicals. According to research in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association, eating almonds can help meet the Recommended Dietary Allowance of 15 mg/day alpha-tocopherol and improve red blood cell concentration.
3) Good Source of Protein: With 7 grams of protein per serving, organic raw almonds really pack a protein punch. Our bodies use protein to build and repair tissue, and almonds are an easy grab-and-go source of this important nutrient. As a plant-based source of protein, these unpasteurized almonds are suitable for vegan and vegetarian diets. They also make a great post-workout snack that helps repair muscle tissue.
4) Tons of Nutrients: Organic almonds are abundant in even more nutty nutrients, like protein, dietary fiber, magnesium, calcium, iron and potassium. A one-ounce serving of almonds contains 12% of the Daily Value (DV) of protein, nearly 15% DV of dietary fiber, 20% DV of magnesium, 7% DV of calcium, 5% DV of iron and 5% DV of potassium.
5) Regulate Blood Sugar Levels: Almonds are a rich source of soluble fiber, which helps the body absorb nutrients from food and slows the uptake of cholesterol in the blood. A 2007 study published in the journal Metabolism found that eating almonds alongside white bread regulated spikes in blood sugar that normally occur with eating white bread alone. Almond consumption also appeared to lower the glycemic index of the meal.
Suggestions for Enjoying Organic Almonds
1) Healthy Snacking Staple: Keep raw almonds on-hand to curb your appetite between meals. You can mix them with other nuts and dried fruit for a tasty trail mix, or toss them with rolled oats for an all natural granola.
2) Smooth Almond Butter: Pour 3 cups of organic almonds into your food processor, and run it for 20-30 minutes, stopping a few times to scrape the mixture from the sides. Process the almonds until you’ve achieved an ideal creamy consistency.
3) Crunchy Delight: Chop the organic almonds and enjoy them for a variety of uses! Sprinkle them over salads for a boost of protein and healthy fats, or add them to baked goods for a satisfying crunch. Buy organic almonds in bulk; they’re a snacking & baking essential that should always be stocked in your pantry.
Amazingly Filling Organic Raw Almonds
Almonds' monounsaturated fat can not only lower LDL or "bad" cholesterol, it can keep you full-- really full--for a really long time. For this reason, organic raw almonds are promoted more frequently than other organic raw nuts as a powerful weight loss food. When it comes to a great tasting, nutrient-rich snack that makes it easier to avoid overeating, organic almonds have few rivals.
These non pasteurized almonds are a unique variety from Spain. This particular variety will always have some almonds that are bitter. These are not dangerous to eat, but they may have a slightly unpleasant taste to some. Unfortunately, there is no way to avoid this.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Michael Ortega, ND retired, Tacoma, WA June 6, 2014
“Love the taste and there is a softness not found in store bought!”
Rebecca, Harrison, AR June 5, 2014
“Really good! (and also really good for me!)”
Mary, Macon, GA May 30, 2014
“There is a difference in flavor. Also you sure make it a festive event opening one of your boxes! :)”
Stephanie, Brooklyn, NY May 30, 2014
“I've been buying from Nuts.com for a while now and have loved everything! But I just had to write about the amazing quality of the organic almonds I ordered recently. I make my own almond milk at home and decided to give these organic almonds a try. WOW! These almonds make THE BEST almond milk I have ever had. Rich, creamy and delicious! I can't go back to using ordinary almonds now!”
MARIA, Mesa, AZ May 28, 2014
“Now that I got my raw Almonds, I don't have to snack on corn chips. Thank you. I got it right on time.”
Susan, Assonet, MA May 15, 2014
“Another regular on my list. These almonds are so fresh and flavorful, how do you nuts do it? These go into my bullet breakfast.”
Lina, Doleystown, PA May 14, 2014
“Just got my delivery. Super fast (ordered yesterday evening!), and all items are very high quality. Truly raw delicious almonds! LOVE IT!
Thank you, and thank you for the nice surprise - Cacao nibs!”
Cathleen, Berkeley Springs, wv May 10, 2014
“I had my doubts about ordering raw almonds at $13.00+ per pound. I received them today, and they are worth every penny. They actually taste….Almondy!!! Much better than any I have had!!! Thank you! I am a believer!!”
Steph, Terrebonne, Or April 5, 2014
“I never thought I'd say this to anyone but I LOVE your nuts! Thank you for providing us with such a high quality product. The almonds we bought are yummy! All Smiles from Oregon!”
Song, WYCKOFF, New Jersey March 31, 2014
“This is the first time ordered from Nuts.com & I'm very happy with all the orders. I ordered organic raw cashews, almonds, Pepitas & Chia seeds.
Thank you for free sample of organic Cacao nibs!
I've already told my friends to try your products.”
Showing 31-40 of 146
wendy, San Francisco, CA October 1, 2014
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||140|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 380 pieces per pound.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: Spain
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|