In 1929, on the brink of the Depression, our father and grandfather
“Poppy” Sol took a bold step. 22 years old, he had already
worked fulltime for 10 years to support his family. Yet he was
ambitious, and wanted to live the American Dream and make the lives of
everyone around him better. So, donning his best of suits and an
assured smile on his face, Sol walked away from the bank with a loan
to start his own business, the Newark Nut Company. The rest is
history. Let us tell you all about it:
Establish Nuts.com as the premier purveyor of the finest nuts and dried fruit in the world while maintaining our uncompromising principles as we grow. The following six guiding principles will help us measure the appropriateness of our decisions:
- Provide a great work environment and treat each other with respect and dignity.
- Embrace diversity as an essential component in the way we do business.
- Apply the highest standards of excellence to the purchasing, roasting, and fresh delivery of our nuts.
- Develop enthusiastically satisfied customers all of the time.
- Contribute positively to our communities and our environment.
- Recognize that profitability is essential to our future success.