Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Powder
Our organic cacao powder, also known as cocoa powder, is made from the finest cacao beans and has a decadent and full-bodied chocolate flavor. Enjoy cacao powder in hot chocolate, smoothies, and brownies, or top your dessert with an elegant dusting of this fine powder. The savory chocolate taste will take you to chocolate heaven; cacao's health benefits are just the cherry on the top.
What is Cacao Powder?
Our organic cacao powder starts with high quality organic raw cacao beans that are roasted and then ground into a fine paste. The excess cacao butter is then squeezed out of the cacao bean paste and the remaining solid blocks of cacao powder are grated into a fine powder. Our natural processed cacao powder isn't treated with alkali so it has a deep, bitter flavor. This product is heated during the manufacturing process and is not considered raw, however we have raw organic cacao powder, too!
What Experts Say about Cacao Powder
Dr. Oz from the Doctor Oz Show: "You don't always have to say no to that piece of chocolate! In fact, if you are looking to lower your blood pressure or boost your mood, a bite of dark chocolate or a sip of hot cocoa might be the perfect answer. The cocoa found in some of your favorite desserts contains many super powers that can help improve your health, inside and out."
Health Bits and Bites
1. High Concentration of Antioxidants: Organic cacao powder contains more flavonoids, a type of antioxidant, than any other food. The presence of the high amounts of antioxidants can protect normal cells against damage by free radicals. Furthermore, the phytochemicals in flavonoids may fight diabetes. Did you know that cocoa contains more antioxidants per cup than wine or tea?
Researchers at Cornell University published remarkable findings about the antioxidant concentration of cocoa in the American Chemical Society's Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry. They found that a cup of cocoa contains almost twice the antioxidants present in a glass of red wine, up to three times the antioxidants found in a cup of green tea, and five times the concentration of a cup of black tea.
2. Improved Heart Health: According to researchers, regular cacao intake may reduce blood pressure by thinning blood and relaxing blood vessels. The Zutphen Elderly Study (2005) found that flavonoid intake was inversely associated with coronary heart disease, and high systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
3. Mood Booster: There's scientific research that explains why we reach for chocolate when we're feeling down. Cacao stimulates the release of endorphins and serotonin, the two chemicals that naturally boost our happiness levels. The presence of the lipid anandamide, also known as the 'bliss chemical,’ further contributes to a euphoric feeling, and, unlike caffeine, is not addictive.
4. Brain Food: Preliminary research from Harvard University, published in the journal Neurology, suggests cocoa may improve cognitive function and the flow of blood to the brain.
5. Magnesium and more: Cacao is one of the richest food sources of magnesium. Although magnesium gets less spotlight than calcium, a proper balance of the two minerals is essential to support healthy bones and teeth. Magnesium also plays an important role in over 300 chemical reactions in the body, protects the heart, maintains healthy blood pressure, increases energy, and controls blood sugar levels. Organic cacao powder is also a natural source of calcium, iron, zinc, potassium, and other nutrients.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Sarah March 21, 2014
“I love the cacao powder i ordered to make chocolates for easter!!!! Thank you for the sample of cacao nibs too! I love how promptly the order was sent to me. Thanks again!”
Jessie, Richmondville, NY February 18, 2014
“After weeks of unsuccessful searching in local food stores, I finally decided to look for organic cacao butter, organic cacao powder and lucuma powder online so I could try to make my own chocolate. I found you guys online and read all the testimonials, and have to agree you guys are great!! I received my order super fast, got everything I needed (and a free sample of cacao nibs THANK YOU!), love the packaging and can happily say I made my first batch of chocolate almond butter cups. You guys are great, thank you!”
Barbara, Ickesburg, Pa September 24, 2013
“Your product boxes are mood lifting . This was my first order an I must say the fast delivery was...WOW ...fast. I made a smoothie that included organic maca powder, organic cacao powder an the organic hemp powder....the fresh smell and taste were awesome ....and the free sample of the organic cacao nibs is greatly appreciated. They're on the list for my next order....Nuts.com has my business for life !”
Jenny, Ellenton, FL August 29, 2013
“Just want to let you know how great you guys are! Love, love, love your chia seeds, cacao powder, nuts of course, maca powder, quinoa, and many more. Shipping is fast and the cute packaging makes my day brighter! Thanks a million for the almonds sample and I am officially a fan!”
Steve, Murfreesboro, Tennessee July 4, 2013
“I ordered late Sunday night and received my shipment on Wednesday. WOW!!! I've already tried the Organic Cacao in a new fudge receipe I've been itching to try. Thanks to the rich Cacao it's fabulous. And thanks for the extra gift of almonds. My favorite - Yum.”
Alexander, Coral Gables, FL June 13, 2013
“Very Pleased. . . .
I came across your website by chance. I am glad that I did. Right away I was drawn in: lots of great products; endless customer feedback ; and a presentation that brought everything together.
I purchased several items (maca powder; cocoa powder; hemp powder; and moringa powder. Delivery was prompt as promised. Your packaging was great. Your customer service and contact are top of line. There are a lot of companies out there that would benefit from you approach to business. Thank you for your passion.”
Marie, Kalispell, MT May 2, 2013
“I received my first order yesterday and was, first, pleasantly suprised by the cute and fun packaging of the box and products, not to mention the free sampler, which I've been nibbling on since, along with the Goji berries:); thank you.
I ordered Spirulina, Cacao and Maca powder, as well as a sampler of the Goji berries, for starters. The spirulina will make a nice addition to my home-cooked meals/shakes, the cacao to desserts and the maca, well, to both;); because of its delicious sweet/nutty/smokey smell and taste, I can't wait to try it on oven-cooked fish fillets and definitely in bread pudding, custard/pumpkin pies and much more.
Will definitely be sharing this with friends; you've got yourself a new nuts.com fan/customer. Thank you!!!. ”
BARBARA, Rainsville, Al April 18, 2013
“Wow! This is my second time ordering. I was impressed with just your adorable packaging on my first order. That alone makes you smile and feel good, but your products are awesome. We use the acai berry, goji berry, maca, chia seeds, and cacao powders in our morning smoothies, which are made with fruit, nuts, and greens. We are feeling great, more energy, better health all around. I am so glad that when I was searching for these powders, I lucked up and found your website!! Even give us a free treat to try. Thank you:)”
Laura, MILFORD, MICHIGAN February 28, 2013
“I love nuts.com! I regularly order my bulk raw cocoa from them. I love their fast service and their dependability. I am glad there is a place called nuts.com!”
Charles January 31, 2013
“Place is great...Great! Top quality & I receive my order like the next day...Loving the Organic Cocoa powder use it on my cereal and in protein frappes...Order the dark chocolate orange peels this time too...haven't open it yet but looking forward to that. The Maca is excellent too. Nice job...Thank you!”
Showing 1-10 of 53
Antonio S Pahati, New York, NY April 10, 2014
Enjoyed your packaging... makes me feel it's a family affair.
Opened the Cocoa..... smooth... immediately used it with some cream and little sugar..... exactly what I had anticipated.... nostalgia time for it's been so long I do not remember when I had this brew!!!!
Fantastic, delicious and healthy too.
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||40|
Organic Cacao Powder
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year. This can be refrigerated or frozen.
Country of Origin: Ecuador
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|