Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Figs are fat-free, sodium-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Maria, Buffalo, NY October 3, 2013
“Best tasting figs I've ever had! Fast delivery. Couldn't be more satisfied!”
Geraldine A. Hamilton, East Greenwich, R.I. September 21, 2013
“With out a doubt the most organized company going.
Impressed with everything I ordered, the figs were the best, wished that I had ordered more. The Caramel Pecan Fudge...thought I had died and gone to heaven, was thankful that I had a salad for lunch so I was able to sample all that I ordered. Yes, I`m in.”
Jacob, Austin, MN September 21, 2013
“I ordered some figs and they taste great. Fast shipping and friendly service too. I definitely will buy again! ”
Arlene, Gwynn Oak, Maryland September 7, 2013
“I received my shipment of figs and apricots. They arrived wonderfully. The taste was extraordinary. The Turkish figs taste just like a fig newton with a crunch. The California figs are sweeter and milder and the apricots are absolutely delicious. I am going to get more of them when mine run out. Very fast delivery and very pleasant company to work with. ”
Ginger Haggerty, North Tonawanda, NY September 5, 2013
“I received my package from you guys the same time my coffee came. I just broke into the Turkish Figs and OMG are they good and nice and gooey. I can't wait to try the goji berries in my smoothie. The cereal, I will be eating tomorrow morning most likely that will be amazing just like the figs.the squares.....haven't tried but I can't wait.
Love the way they're packaged......so cute. Thanks guys. Your amazing. I will definitely be continuing my business with you. Thank you for being the greatest place ever for dried fruits and everything else you sell and yet, your prices are reasonable as ever.”
George W. Schmidt, Watkins Glen, NY August 31, 2013
“I have had knee replacement surgery and I thought I had stocked up on enough treats (one being French Burnt Peanuts) to hold me for the duration, not so! The closest place to purchase these little gems is a 1 hr. drive, not going to happen. So I went on-line and located nuts.com and in doing so I have made friends for life!!!! The French Roasted Peanuts have the most incredible flavor I have ever tasted in my life and that's a long time. I also purchase dark chocolate covered Brazil nuts and dried Turkish figs and they are also of the highest flavor and quality, not to mention next day delivery. In my opinion you would be "Nuts" to do busy elsewhere "I will return".
GS from Watkins Glen, NY”
Diane, Baltimore, MD August 20, 2013
“LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the figs!!! They are the best we've ever eaten. Will try the Italian coffee tomorrow morning. Also love your very creative packaging!”
Jacob, Los angeles, Ca August 9, 2013
“Package arrived on time and I immediately opened it. The figs were soft and plump. They were simply delicious. Hope to be ordering again. thanks.”
Lynda, Fayetteville, NC August 7, 2013
“Extremely fast service! Product was fresh....and soooo yummy!!!! Turkish figs have become hard for me to find, and Nuts.com is just the answer when I have the craving! Thank you. Will continue to use and recommend.”
Christina, Garden grove, Ca August 6, 2013
“Ordered the dried figs and they were delicious! I'll be ordering more and trying new items in the near future. Yum! And thank you for the complimentary buckwheat sample!”
Showing 31-40 of 318
Theresa, Florida April 19, 2014
“Hey! You guys are the greatest. The figs are better than I hoped for and you sent a super gift. Thanks, everything arrived ahead of time. Have a Happy Easter. God bless”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|