Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Figs are fat-free, sodium-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Richard July 31, 2008
“Turkish figs are great. But the ultimate comment: these are the first dried figs that my wife likes and she grew up eating fresh figs from their own trees.”
Barb, Ohio July 30, 2008
“This is our second order from Nuts Online and we have been very pleased both times. First were Turkish Figs absolutely delicious and the second was the Dry Roasted Cashews a real taste treat.
PS The witty humor on the notes and invoices did brings smiles ;-) ”
Rosemarie, Tucson, AZ June 10, 2008
“I just receive my shipment and immediately opened the figs. What a delicacy. I will distribute the rest to Dad's this Lord's day and know it will be a treat. Thank you for the site and for keeping in contact. What a find this has been for us.”
Louis C. Smith June 8, 2008
“Your Turkish figs are so moist & delicious. Your product & service are great. Glad I found you.”
Melba, Kentucky June 5, 2008
“In stumbling along searching for new healthier things to improve my diet, I feel very fortunate I found your great site. My expectations were surpassed upon receiving my order. WOW! The figs, strawberries, peppers, etc--all were wonderful, and with fast delivery that is often rare nowadays. I will be back for myself, and I've already begun spreading the word. ”
Annie, Boston, MA April 24, 2008
“i had tried Nutsonlines goji berries and sun-dried tomatoes; they were both extremely high-quality and delicious! on a reorder of the same, i decided to treat myself to a new experience--dried figs! they are delicious with the walnuts i ended up throwing into the shopping cart too! Nutsonline, you're the best!”
Jules, Brooklyn, NY April 4, 2008
“I just received the figs, and i must tell you, they are delicious! I am in love.. thanks for providing such a great service and product.”
Kimberley, Springfield, TN January 17, 2008
“Oh my, I just received these figs and they are wonderful. They are so sweet and flavorful. I can honestly say, everything I have ordered from Nuts Online is of excellent quality. I can't wait to get another order together, to try more of their products. Thank you as well for your prompt shipping and excellent customer service.”
Joan, Milford, DE November 25, 2007
“We have received two separate orders of dried Turkish figs (5 lbs each) and they have been a treasure. Now we're going for the hazelnuts. Can't wait!”
Dennis, Crescent City, CA September 5, 2007
“We just got another order of Turkish Dried figs. The first batch disappeared too quickly. They were the best dried figs we have ever purchased. On our next order we also got some crystalized ginger and dried medjool dates. The dates were soft, succulent and the ginger filled the house with that fresh ginger smell. It was the freshest and tastiest ginger we have every eaten. I heartily recommend "Nut On Line." They have wonderful products.”
Showing 291-300 of 317
Marcia J Ambrose, Walnut Creek, CA April 6, 2014
“Dried figs sustained me crossing the Sahara desert. They were fresh dried from local trees. I have hunted for years for figs like those, from the best markets, to no avail. What a surprise and treat to finally find their equal from nuts.com! I heartily recommend the figs and other products as fabulous!!!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|