Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Figs are fat-free, sodium-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Barbara, Clifton, PA January 6, 2010
“I placed my order yesterday and received it today. I am impressed by your quick service. We ate the Turkish Figs upon arrival and they were delicious. I cant wait to try the Quinoa.”
Marcella, Norfolk, Virginia December 18, 2009
“OMG, Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU! The figs so sweet..the cluster raisins what a find. Quick delivery too. I am so happy! Big grin :) I Love you guys, Please keep up the good work.
I Will Be Back!!!!
From my family to yours,
Elaine, Harpswell, ME November 16, 2009
“I am so addicted to your Turkish figs that if you ever stopped selling them I'd have to move to Turkey.”
Lee, Sedgwick, Maine November 13, 2009
“Oh, YUM! The best figs since traveling in Turkey--and big, beautiful raw peanuts intended for boiling that may not last that long. Now I'm looking at more fruit......and other nuts.....and maybe dark chocolate.....and there's snacks...and...and...and.... No end in sight. You'all have found the secret!
Arthur, Bethesda, MD November 7, 2009
“These figs are awesome!
I saw the picture on the website, and I wanted to pluck one off the computer and eat it.
The ones in the package are just as moist and succulent -- just like you say in the ad.
Rand, La Canada, CA October 27, 2009
“The Turkish figs are by far the best I've ever had. And the customer service is first rate. ”
Michael, Chatham, VA October 16, 2009
“I have to tell you, I read the testimonials and the praises for your products are CORRECT! I have been having a craving for figs for a while, and MAN do these deliver on taste and appearance, plump and very fresh! I will be ordering again, THANKS!”
Jinger, Miami Beach, Florida September 26, 2009
“Woo... the day I have been waiting for has arrived! Thanks Nuts Online! Figs! Dates! A++”
Carl, MiddleGrove, NY September 23, 2009
“Jeffrey....I received my order and I am very happy. Everything is as described or Better. The figs are to die for, and the nuts are really fresh. You (NUTSONLINE) have another steady customer. May I add..the next day delivery was also a plus. Thank You All.”
Andrea, East Haven, CT September 4, 2009
“I just received the figs today and they're very tasty. Thank you.”
Showing 261-270 of 318
Theresa, Florida April 19, 2014
“Hey! You guys are the greatest. The figs are better than I hoped for and you sent a super gift. Thanks, everything arrived ahead of time. Have a Happy Easter. God bless”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|