Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Figs are fat-free, sodium-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Sladjana, Chesapeake, Virginia October 23, 2012
“Very happy with both- Californian and Turkish figs.
We will order the delicious fruit again as soon as we finish this batch.
Kathy, Waldorf, MD October 12, 2012
“I have never tasted dried dates and figs this wonderful before!!! They are amazing and so full of flavor. The figs are so delicious. They're like fig newtons without the newton! Fabulous products. Can't wait to try more of your goodies. Thank you.”
DOROTHY, Hannibal, Missouri October 4, 2012
“Your organic Turkish apricots are out of this world delicious. They're always moist and oh so sweet...plain yummy. They hit the spot and satisfy my craving for a dessert. I also love your dried Turkish figs and jumbo medjool dates. So fabulous! Thank for all your wonderful products and for super fast shipping. I've been a customer for over 6 years and will remain so for a long time to come.”
Shayna, Boston, MA September 25, 2012
“I got these as a sample and I just ordered more!!!! Along with some more new things :) So YUMMY! I used them in my fruit and nut balls. It's a healthy snack, they were really delicious!”
Lynne, Litchfield, ME September 22, 2012
“I was a little leary at first, ordering nuts online. But, they are fantastic!!!!! Love how they are packed, avaiable choices, and size. I also ordered the Turkish figs ... Yum!!!! Will no doubt order from nuts.com again. ”
Susan, Newport News, Virginia August 14, 2012
“Just received my first order from Nuts.com and made my first batch of Fig Jam with your dried figs. OMG what a wonderful taste and treat for my family! I need to put the jam in the jars and not eat it with a spoon from the pan. I will be a returning customer for sure. Thanks for such an excellent product.”
Christopher, San Angelo, TX August 1, 2012
“I couldn't have asked for quicker shipment! As for the produce itself, everything is exotic and almost otherworldly. The only way I know of to get better figs and dates is to actually go and wander the desert until you happen upon a palm grove at the oasis. ”
John, Ocean Springs, MS July 28, 2012
“Just got my delivery of Dates and Turkish Figs. They are to die for. What a great, healthy, snack alternative. Thanks for making it available in the US.”
Jerry, Swainsboro, Georgia July 25, 2012
“Everything arrived on time and in perfect condition. Oh, those figs and dates are delicious. Gret stuff always!”
Kimberly, Hamilton, NJ July 21, 2012
“Everything we order is always very fresh and arrives quickly. Our favorites are the Turkish figs and the hazelnut supreme coffee. I started using the cherries in a jar as the filling for my cherry pie, and my family now raves that it is the best cherry crumb pie they've ever had! It's the same recipe I've used for years, the only difference is the cherries. My most recent order included vanilla beans. I was extremely pleased with the size and quality of the beans, and the price was much less than the ones in my local grocery store.”
Showing 91-100 of 318
Theresa, Florida April 19, 2014
“Hey! You guys are the greatest. The figs are better than I hoped for and you sent a super gift. Thanks, everything arrived ahead of time. Have a Happy Easter. God bless”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|