Hooray, it’s October! Not only does this month lead up to Halloween, but it’s also a time to celebrate a variety of food holidays and health-related causes. We’ve put together a few suggestions for commemorating each special occasion!
1. Eat Better, Eat Healthier Month: Healthy snacks can taste good…truly! Chia Chips are deliciously crunchy and contain chia and flax, which are full of Omega 3 fatty acids that are associated with heart health, cancer prevention, and a number of other benefits. Our Heart Healthy Sampler is full of snacks that contribute to heart health, including walnuts and dried cranberries!
2. National Breast Cancer Awareness Month: You’ll notice the nation thinking pink this month, as people proudly wear ribbons to support breast cancer research. Spices like turmeric and saffron are associated with breast cancer prevention, as are flax seeds. Research has shown that the Vitamin E in dried peaches and the lycopene in sun dried tomatoes can contribute to cancer prevention, as well.
4. Celiac Awareness Month: We have so many gluten-free customers that we created a section on our website dedicated to gluten-free products. If you love baked goods, check out our gluten-free baking mixes and enjoy bread, cakes, cookies, and muffins! We also have a wide selection of gluten-free flours,
5. Children’s Health Month: Feed your kids snacks that both of you will love! Our Extreme Trail Mix is full of dried fruit and nuts, mixed with M&Ms to please the palate. Our fruit leather comes in tasty strips and rolls. And if you’re looking for treats to add to lunch boxes, see our sample sizes!
6. Liver Awareness Month: For good liver health, you have a number of snacks to choose from. Goji berries are not only considered an anti-aging antioxidant, but also may help protect the liver. Dried papaya helps regulate the endocrine system, which helps rebuild liver cells. The blue-green algae spirulina may help your liver balance your blood fat levels and decrease harmful cholesterol.