Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Pumpkin Seed Powder
Pumpkin seed powder is a balanced source of beneficial proteins. In addition to protein, it is an great source of iron, B vitamins, vitamin E, fiber, oil, and minerals. Pumpkin seed powder is an excellent supplement to help aid in the health of the prostate and can help ease insomnia.
How to Enjoy Pumpkin Seed Powder
Pumpkin seed powder has a light nutty taste that blends in well with a variety of foods. Try adding pumpkin seed powder to your salads or cereal, or blend it into a smoothie for an easy way to increase your protein intake. Enjoy it mixed with applesauce or yogurt, or sprinkle it over soups. You can also add pumpkin seed powder to scones, muffins, cookies, and other baked goods. It can also be incorporated into side dishes such as corn, pasta, or rice.
Health Benefits of Pumpkin Seed Powder
1) Cholesterol-Lowering: Pumpkin seed powder has a high content of phytosterols, plant-based compounds that can reduce LDL "bad" cholesterol levels. Pumpkin seeds and other foods are naturally rich in phytosterols. The Journal of Agricultural Food Chemistry published a study in 2005 demonstrating that pumpkin seeds were one of the top three foods in terms of highest phytosterol content. This attribute of pumpkin seeds was compared to other nuts and seeds in the United States.
2) Alkaline-Forming: Consuming alkaline-forming foods can help maintain balanced pH levels in the body, particularly in overly acidic diets. Pumpkin seeds are the only seeds that are alkaline-forming, making them an excellent addition to Western diets which are often too acidic. Studies indicate that eating more alkaline-forming foods can support cardiovascular health, maintain strong bones, and improve brain function.
3) Regulate Blood Sugar Levels: Eating pumpkin seeds is a great option for diabetics looking to control their insulin levels. A 2010 study published in the Journal of Diabetes and Its Complications found that consuming a diet supplemented by a mixture of pumpkin seed and flax seed helped improve blood sugar regulation and antioxidant activity in diabetic rats.
4) Restful Sleep: Feeling restless at night? Pumpkin seed powder might be the key to getting a good night’s sleep. Pumpkin seed powder is rich in the amino acid tryptophan, which aids in the production of serotonin in the brain. An appropriate balance of the neurotransmitter serotonin is responsible for regulating mood, sleep, and appetite. It is particularly helpful for people who have trouble sleeping at night.
5) Prostate Health: Pumpkin seeds are packed with zinc and other antioxidants to reduce the risk for prostate disease. A 2009 study published in Nutrition Research and Practice found that supplementation of pumpkin seed oil and saw palmetto oil may be effective in treating benign prostatic hyperplasia, also referred to as enlarged prostate.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Cheryl, Jacobus, PA June 1, 2011
“WOW! That was fast! and a free sample of figs - WooHoo!! ”
Nancy, NJ April 23, 2011
“Wow, mindboggling fast delivery. Cannot wait to sample what I ordered. Hurray NJ (a great State) and glad I found your company.”
laurie, hathaway pines, ca April 20, 2011
“amazing quality products with really good prices. . . fast customer service and shipping”
Shanan, Toronto, Ontario March 2, 2011
“I can't believe how quickly i received my order. Thank you and I look forward to placing another order very soon!”
Showing 41-50 of 45
Michelle, Boise, ID August 16, 2014
“Fast service, I am excited to try this product.”
Serving Size 100g (~3.5 oz.)
(Approx. 4.5 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||342|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: China
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|