Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Pumpkin Seed Powder
Pumpkin seed powder is a balanced source of beneficial proteins. In addition to protein, it is an great source of iron, B vitamins, vitamin E, fiber, oil, and minerals. Pumpkin seed powder is an excellent supplement to help aid in the health of the prostate and can help ease insomnia.
How to Enjoy Pumpkin Seed Powder
Pumpkin seed powder has a light nutty taste that blends in well with a variety of foods. Try adding pumpkin seed powder to your salads or cereal, or blend it into a smoothie for an easy way to increase your protein intake. Enjoy it mixed with applesauce or yogurt, or sprinkle it over soups. You can also add pumpkin seed powder to scones, muffins, cookies, and other baked goods. It can also be incorporated into side dishes such as corn, pasta, or rice.
Health Benefits of Pumpkin Seed Powder
1) Cholesterol-Lowering: Pumpkin seed powder has a high content of phytosterols, plant-based compounds that can reduce LDL "bad" cholesterol levels. Pumpkin seeds and other foods are naturally rich in phytosterols. The Journal of Agricultural Food Chemistry published a study in 2005 demonstrating that pumpkin seeds were one of the top three foods in terms of highest phytosterol content. This attribute of pumpkin seeds was compared to other nuts and seeds in the United States.
2) Alkaline-Forming: Consuming alkaline-forming foods can help maintain balanced pH levels in the body, particularly in overly acidic diets. Pumpkin seeds are the only seeds that are alkaline-forming, making them an excellent addition to Western diets which are often too acidic. Studies indicate that eating more alkaline-forming foods can support cardiovascular health, maintain strong bones, and improve brain function.
3) Regulate Blood Sugar Levels: Eating pumpkin seeds is a great option for diabetics looking to control their insulin levels. A 2010 study published in the Journal of Diabetes and Its Complications found that consuming a diet supplemented by a mixture of pumpkin seed and flax seed helped improve blood sugar regulation and antioxidant activity in diabetic rats.
4) Restful Sleep: Feeling restless at night? Pumpkin seed powder might be the key to getting a good night’s sleep. Pumpkin seed powder is rich in the amino acid tryptophan, which aids in the production of serotonin in the brain. An appropriate balance of the neurotransmitter serotonin is responsible for regulating mood, sleep, and appetite. It is particularly helpful for people who have trouble sleeping at night.
5) Prostate Health: Pumpkin seeds are packed with zinc and other antioxidants to reduce the risk for prostate disease. A 2009 study published in Nutrition Research and Practice found that supplementation of pumpkin seed oil and saw palmetto oil may be effective in treating benign prostatic hyperplasia, also referred to as enlarged prostate.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
jose diaz October 8, 2012
“i ordered my product (punkin seed powder) and received it the next day. the taste is delicious and the quality is amazing. thanks nuts.com”
Celeste, Fort Smith, AR August 12, 2012
“I love your site and your products! You sound so sweet and even the boxes you send are cute! Thank you for the little ginger gift too!”
Juneanne, BOISE, Idaho July 26, 2012
“You guys are absolutely SUPERB!!! Thanks for such stellar service and lightning fast delivery!”
James L. Morrison Jr, Scranton, PA July 21, 2012
“I placed an order and got it the next day Wow! Great service. I love nuts.com.”
Nellieann, Escondido, California July 16, 2012
“I ordered the scottish oatmeal and it is just the best. My order came very fast Thanks so much I also ordered pumpkin seed powder just great.”
YONGHYUN, Storrs, CT June 13, 2012
“Two days before I ordered my first package of pumpkin seed powder and it just arrived today. It was a very fast shipping and it is packed so neat! Overall, great shopping experience with nuts.com!”
Richard, Colorado Springs, CO March 7, 2012
“Excellent service!! Hoorahh”
Anita, St. Peter, MN January 13, 2012
“I Love the products I just received, and the shipping was super fast. Thank you!”
Molly, Williamsburg, VA October 7, 2011
“These got shipped so fast it's almost hard to believe! Wonderful packaging and excellent communication. I will always use this company for my "nutty" needs :) Thank you!”
Sandy, Niles, Illinois August 19, 2011
“Great service both times I have ordered pumpkin seed powder, and the quality of the powder is excellent. Thanks!”
Showing 21-30 of 41
Stacey, Beaverton, OR April 5, 2014
“So happy with our pumpkin seed powder we ordered. Very fast delivery couldn't be happier. It really does help with sleeping if anyone is curious!”
Serving Size 100g (~3.5 oz.)
(Approx. 4.5 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||342|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: China
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|