Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Pumpkin Seed Powder
Pumpkin seed powder is a balanced source of beneficial proteins. In addition to protein, it is an great source of iron, B vitamins, vitamin E, fiber, oil, and minerals. Pumpkin seed powder is an excellent supplement to help aid in the health of the prostate and can help ease insomnia.
How to Enjoy Pumpkin Seed Powder
Pumpkin seed powder has a light nutty taste that blends in well with a variety of foods. Try adding pumpkin seed powder to your salads or cereal, or blend it into a smoothie for an easy way to increase your protein intake. Enjoy it mixed with applesauce or yogurt, or sprinkle it over soups. You can also add pumpkin seed powder to scones, muffins, cookies, and other baked goods. It can also be incorporated into side dishes such as corn, pasta, or rice.
Health Benefits of Pumpkin Seed Powder
1) Cholesterol-Lowering: Pumpkin seed powder has a high content of phytosterols, plant-based compounds that can reduce LDL "bad" cholesterol levels. Pumpkin seeds and other foods are naturally rich in phytosterols. The Journal of Agricultural Food Chemistry published a study in 2005 demonstrating that pumpkin seeds were one of the top three foods in terms of highest phytosterol content. This attribute of pumpkin seeds was compared to other nuts and seeds in the United States.
2) Alkaline-Forming: Consuming alkaline-forming foods can help maintain balanced pH levels in the body, particularly in overly acidic diets. Pumpkin seeds are the only seeds that are alkaline-forming, making them an excellent addition to Western diets which are often too acidic. Studies indicate that eating more alkaline-forming foods can support cardiovascular health, maintain strong bones, and improve brain function.
3) Regulate Blood Sugar Levels: Eating pumpkin seeds is a great option for diabetics looking to control their insulin levels. A 2010 study published in the Journal of Diabetes and Its Complications found that consuming a diet supplemented by a mixture of pumpkin seed and flax seed helped improve blood sugar regulation and antioxidant activity in diabetic rats.
4) Restful Sleep: Feeling restless at night? Pumpkin seed powder might be the key to getting a good night’s sleep. Pumpkin seed powder is rich in the amino acid tryptophan, which aids in the production of serotonin in the brain. An appropriate balance of the neurotransmitter serotonin is responsible for regulating mood, sleep, and appetite. It is particularly helpful for people who have trouble sleeping at night.
5) Prostate Health: Pumpkin seeds are packed with zinc and other antioxidants to reduce the risk for prostate disease. A 2009 study published in Nutrition Research and Practice found that supplementation of pumpkin seed oil and saw palmetto oil may be effective in treating benign prostatic hyperplasia, also referred to as enlarged prostate.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Robert, Evansville, IN February 8, 2014
“The pumpkin seed meal looks & taste great...”
diane, Hendersonville, TN February 6, 2014
“Just ordered some pumpkin seed powder. A sample of Cashews was tossed in the box for good luck. BUT the Jordan Almonds.... They are TOO good. I ate the whole sample the first night. BEST EVER. The entire packaging of Nuts.com is awesome. I love it. Great product - great price - great service.”
Jaclyn, Reading, Pa February 5, 2014
“Purchased on Monday received my package on Wednesday.. I luv this product!!!! I love your colorful and animated packaging. Look forward to more more things from this company!!”
diane, bonita springs, fl February 5, 2014
“Great service, great product it really works to help with sleep”
ann f miller, leonard, mi January 30, 2014
“Thank you for a great product. Love your packaging.
I will certainly buy more of your products.”
maryanne, Montgomery Village, Maryland January 28, 2014
“I love your products. I am using the spirulina powder and the pumpkin seed powder in smoothies and in yogurt and kefir. Also appreciate the care you take in packaging the product. Always arrives promptly and in perfect condition.”
cliff , stamford, ct January 28, 2014
“My 1st purchase and 1000% satisfaction. A great company to do business with”
Bruce, Cleveland, Ohio January 27, 2014
“My goodness, that was fast! Colorful packaging must move quicker. Doctor Oz (yeah, the TV guy) says a couple teaspoons of pumpkin seed powder in warm milk multiplies the tryptophan effect, i.e., is good for sleep. I'll keep you posted.
Bruce in Cleveland
(Hey, the Browns aren't my fault!)”
Kellie, Foxboro, MA November 25, 2013
“Love the Pumpkin Seed Powder. Dr. Oz recommended it to help sleep deeper. Nuts.com offered the most reasonably priced product. Love the friendliness of the company.”
Lanny April 23, 2013
“This is my second time ordering from nuts.com! I love the quality of the products! I have now ordered a bunch of pumpkin seed powder, and some moringa powder. I love both of them and will definitely be ordering again! Also the shipping is super quick, and the boxes the products come in a fun to read.”
Showing 1-10 of 36
Susan, ocean isle beach, nc February 8, 2014
“Great packaging! We'll see if 2 tsp. a night will help with sleep.”
Serving Size 100g (~3.5 oz.)
(Approx. 4.5 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||342|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|