English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. Walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. Walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. Walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Joy Colby, South Lake Tahoe, Ca October 10, 2013
“Always fast shipping and GREAT prices.
Quality is excellent”
Rick, Warrington, Pennsylvania October 10, 2013
“Your service is outstanding! My 3 parrots love walnuts and they are are part of their daily diet. I found myself running low & my regular supplier takes 7-10 days. I knew I wouldn't have enough to last that long so I decided to Google "walnuts" & your name came up. After reading the many positive reviews I decided to give you a try. I ordered them Sunday night & they arrived Tuesday afternoon. I couldn't have been happier. I will be using you for all future purchases. Me & "the kids" thank you!”
Enrique, Homestead, Florida October 3, 2013
“I'm grateful that I was able to convert my wife into a very "Nutty Lady" you would not believe me if I told you that, in 30 days 5Lbs of walnuts is almost finished, and now I'm ready for another order.
Amy, New Philadelphia, Ohio September 14, 2013
“Thank you for your speedy service! I like the packaging. It is very humorous and fun! And the walnuts are delicious! Thanks, Amy”
Linda, Kamuela, Hawaii August 23, 2013
“Another successful order. Our Parrots are jumping and squawking with joy. Mahalo for the little treat for me too.
Your are truly nuts!”
Michele, Massena, NY August 21, 2013
“I order nuts in the shell for my 21 exotic parrots. I ordered from a different site for years until someone I met online recommended you! I must say that your prices, service and goods are superb. Delivery time is swift and the nuts are well packed (love the boxes)! Thanks so very much for keeping my birds happy and healthy. By the way, we sneak a few of the nuts to eat ourselves when they aren't looking! ( * v * ) ”
PJ, N . Tonawanda, NY July 19, 2013
“Received Walnuts in shell today 10 lbs, they
Are the best I have ever had , we share with our
Unbrella Cockatoo or he shares with us :) Thank you for the super fast delivery .
PJ , Jim & JJ”
Pat, Smyrna, TN July 19, 2013
“I have NEVER received a shipment so quick! You guys are awesome! I ordered Brazil Nuts in the shell, Almonds in the shell and Walnuts in the shell. My Macaws are so happy! They would not touch the grocery store nuts & believe me they know the difference! I can not thank you enough for the most fresh, natural nuts on the market!”
Edward, Lehigh Acres, Florida July 18, 2013
“Got my 5lb bag of English Walnuts today, My Bolivian Blue and Gold saw the bag and became ecstatic...the shelled nuts are his favorite treat, and, it keeps his beak worn down enough that we do not have to clip him!! Yeah, we like to shell a nut or two ourselves!!! Thanks for the added bonus...a bag of Salted Cashews..just for US!!!”
susan, homestead, fl July 7, 2013
“just received the walnuts, they were so fresh tasting and fast shipping. thanks so much, will order more items from your website. again thanks”
Showing 21-30 of 195
Skeeter Blanton, Valdosta, Ga. April 19, 2014
“Received my English walnuts in 3 days and they are fresh and delicious.....In fact they are better than I expected.....I will certainly recommend you to all my nutty friends......I will reorder soon!!......Best wishes........”
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|