Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. English walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, English walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. English walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. English walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Linda, Waxhaw, NC December 17, 2013
“WOW! I am SO impressed with this fast service and for the follow-up. The Nuts are awesome and were here almost by the time I sent the order! We searched everywhere locally for whole English Walnuts and could not find them this year. THANKS for making my husband happy!”
wally, sierra vista, az December 7, 2013
“Good job. Nuts arrived early. Kids going crazy. Told them we didn't have a nut cracker. Relented and we are enjoying Brazils and English walnuts. thx”
Lela, Ritzville, Wa. November 19, 2013
“The walnuts I ordered and had sent to my 86yr old mother in Nebraska arrived and she was thrilled. She says the nuts are tasty and fresh. She loves cracking walnuts, packaging them and giving them as Christmas gifts. The packaging was wonderful. All the fun writing on the box makes it special. She still thinks I did that and I (smile) am going to let her think it was me! Thank you, Lela”
Shelby, Countryside, Ill November 8, 2013
“I'm completely satisfied with your walnuts very good quality no bad ones in bunch”
Anne, Ewing, NJ October 31, 2013
“I just received my order for Walnuts in the Shell which were nowhere to be found in my area. What service!! Less than one day for delivery. Thank you so much. I will see how my son likes them when he comes to see me
Joy Colby, South Lake Tahoe, Ca October 10, 2013
“Always fast shipping and GREAT prices.
Quality is excellent”
Rick, Warrington, Pennsylvania October 10, 2013
“Your service is outstanding! My 3 parrots love walnuts and they are are part of their daily diet. I found myself running low & my regular supplier takes 7-10 days. I knew I wouldn't have enough to last that long so I decided to Google "walnuts" & your name came up. After reading the many positive reviews I decided to give you a try. I ordered them Sunday night & they arrived Tuesday afternoon. I couldn't have been happier. I will be using you for all future purchases. Me & "the kids" thank you!”
Enrique, Homestead, Florida October 3, 2013
“I'm grateful that I was able to convert my wife into a very "Nutty Lady" you would not believe me if I told you that, in 30 days 5Lbs of walnuts is almost finished, and now I'm ready for another order.
Amy, New Philadelphia, Ohio September 14, 2013
“Thank you for your speedy service! I like the packaging. It is very humorous and fun! And the walnuts are delicious! Thanks, Amy”
Linda, Kamuela, Hawaii August 23, 2013
“Another successful order. Our Parrots are jumping and squawking with joy. Mahalo for the little treat for me too.
Your are truly nuts!”
Showing 21-30 of 200
Tammy, NEWAYGO, Michigan August 9, 2014
“Awesome!!!! My Macaw is very happy with his 25lbs. of Walnuts that he received. We got a good laugh out of the box and e-mail that told me I had a package at the door. Nice to see someone that has a sense of humor and obviously loves their job! Thanks! : )”
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|