Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. English walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, English walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. English walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. English walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
bruce, Tequesta, Fl June 19, 2008
“All the nuts I've bought from you folks are for my birds. Two Macaws and two African Greys. My big Greenwing Macaw loves your walnuts. My dogs are always trying to steal them. They love your walnuts too.”
Margaret, Peoria, IL January 20, 2008
“I have purchased Walnuts in the shell countless times over the past few years. They are always wonderful and I have never had a complaint or problem! I'm just nutty about this company :)!!!”
Esther, Perkasie, PA January 15, 2008
“As promised, the order arrived in one day. YUM - everything is delicious - the walnuts in the shell are fresh and very tasty. (You can't find walnuts in a grocery store for 8 months after Christmas.) The no-salt pistachios are the biggest I've ever seen and will not last long here! The pitted dates are the biggest and "smoothest" I've ever had. It's very hard to find a bag of dates that aren't all shriveled up and dried out - but not here! Overall, my husband & I are happy first time customers and I know we will be ordering again real soon. Thanks for your great service and outstanding food.”
jamal, Va January 1, 2008
“I ordered 50 lbs walnuts in shell. The shipment was prompt. The packaging was perfect, the quality very good and very fresh. Excellent product and excellent service.”
Cory, Hagerstown, MD September 17, 2007
“Walnuts are my favorite of all nuts with cashews a close second. But nuts aren't just for people. I have several exotic birds. My Macaw loves the walnuts, and the Conjures crave the unsalted Sunflower seeds. This is my second order and you can count on future orders too. ( I couldn't believe how fast they got here last time!)”
Susanne August 28, 2007
“Every nut is clean and delicious. My family thought the English walnuts in the shell were the nicest looking and tasting we have ever had.”
Amie P. Walker, Murfreesboro, TN August 27, 2007
“As a child, my mother and father would take me to Mulberry Street in Newark, NJ and buy nuts from your on site store. When I grew up, I continued to do the same.
Three years ago I moved away and wonder what I would do without the freshness and variety of your nuts.
I'm glad to say that your mailed product is just as fresh and good as purchasing nut in the store. ”
Barbara, Aloha, Oregon August 18, 2007
“This is the 2nd time we've ordered walnuts from NUTSONLINE. We couldn't be happier with the product; the walnuts are fresh and tasty and they last a really long time. The delivery time is very quick, too--one week from the evening I placed the order. I'm Very pleased with this company.”
Lynda, San Antonio, Texas April 27, 2007
“I am nuts about your English Walnuts in the shell. It is not just your Christmas nut any more and that was my problem where to find walnuts out of season, I eat them all of time. Your walnuts are fresh and tasty and most importantly they are healthy. Thanks to your speedy delivery I can stay on my healthy eating plan. Lynda ”
Diane, Shoreview, MN July 28, 2006
“Wow, what great quality in-the-shell nuts! It's hard to find walnuts in-the-shell for my parrot, outside of the Christmas season. I placed an order for some with a pet supply company, at a much higher price than you charge, and received a box of filthy dirty walnuts that were rotten inside! I was highly skeptical that you could deliver better quality at a lesser price, but after reading your testimonials and doing a bit of research I decided to give you a try.
Wow, I'm impressed! My parrot is impressed! Your walnuts in-the-shell are high quality, clean and delicious and the happy hooting and whistling coming from the next room backs me up on that! I'll definitely be ordering more!”
Showing 211-220 of 224
Bennie, Midland, MI September 30, 2014
“Again the animals I feed can't wait for their feeding times. It's hard to find nuts locally to purchase locally here, my daughter found your site.”
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|