Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. English walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, English walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. English walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. English walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Barbara, Aloha, Oregon August 18, 2007
“This is the 2nd time we've ordered walnuts from NUTSONLINE. We couldn't be happier with the product; the walnuts are fresh and tasty and they last a really long time. The delivery time is very quick, too--one week from the evening I placed the order. I'm Very pleased with this company.”
Lynda, San Antonio, Texas April 27, 2007
“I am nuts about your English Walnuts in the shell. It is not just your Christmas nut any more and that was my problem where to find walnuts out of season, I eat them all of time. Your walnuts are fresh and tasty and most importantly they are healthy. Thanks to your speedy delivery I can stay on my healthy eating plan. Lynda ”
Diane, Shoreview, MN July 28, 2006
“Wow, what great quality in-the-shell nuts! It's hard to find walnuts in-the-shell for my parrot, outside of the Christmas season. I placed an order for some with a pet supply company, at a much higher price than you charge, and received a box of filthy dirty walnuts that were rotten inside! I was highly skeptical that you could deliver better quality at a lesser price, but after reading your testimonials and doing a bit of research I decided to give you a try.
Wow, I'm impressed! My parrot is impressed! Your walnuts in-the-shell are high quality, clean and delicious and the happy hooting and whistling coming from the next room backs me up on that! I'll definitely be ordering more!”
Sharon, Hammond, Indiana June 3, 2006
“Hello! Thanks for the Super-FAST shipping on your delicious & FRESH English Walnuts. Usually we can only get them during the Christmas Season & after that only a local store carries them - but they are no comparison to yours & theirs are on the verge of being rotten - along with a high price! We really apprieciate it-And we will surely do business again!!! ”
Jimmy, Moulton, Alabama January 30, 2006
“I love English Walnuts in the shell and yours are great. Ordering is very easy and delivery couldn't be quicker. And Walnuts are good for you!”
Christopher, newark, NJ October 31, 2005
“ Dear Nuts Online,
I recently ordered five pounds of Brazil nuts in the shell and five pounds of walnuts in the shell. I am pleased to tell you that they arrived promptly as promised. I was also very happy that the nuts are fresh and tasty. Anyone who likes nuts will truly enjoy these high quality nuts. Thank You.
Sincerely, New Jersey Nut Lover
Showing 191-200 of 197
Joe, Westminster, MD June 24, 2014
“Received order in one day. Loose packed walnuts came in great shape. My blue front Amazon is talking up a storm in appreciation.”
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|