Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. Walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. Walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. Walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Mary, Mantorville, MN September 2, 2008
“I placed an order for walnuts in the shell, since I couldn't find any locally. I'm going to use the shells for daycare projects, of all things! Anyway, I ordered some pistachios while at it, and they are GREAT! Thanks, nuts online!”
Shelley, Green Mountain, NC August 27, 2008
“We just received our shipment of nuts today and we couldn't be more pleased. The English Walnuts were by far the freshest I have ever tasted. Same goes for the sunflower seeds and almonds. Thanks Nuts Online - will definitely be ordering from you in the future! ”
Fred, Buffalo, NY August 27, 2008
“Excellent walnuts in the shell (for the best taste)! Your delivery service through UPS is superb. You will definitely continue to receive orders from me! ”
Charles E. King, Covington, LA July 28, 2008
“I love your walnuts but my sulphur-crested cockatoo is your biggest fan!”
Ray, Cincinnati, Ohio July 19, 2008
“Hi,Thanks for the prompt delivery.I was down to my last 6 nuts.These walnuts are like health food.They are good for everything from soup to nuts HA, HA Keep up the good work. Thanks, Nutty Ray”
Deborah, Tampa, Fl July 7, 2008
“You guys are the best - quality, service and variety of products offered. I am never disappointed and my parrot Romeo thinks you're the best too! He particularly likes walnuts in the shell for a little treat and beak exercise.”
bruce, Tequesta, Fl June 19, 2008
“All the nuts I've bought from you folks are for my birds. Two Macaws and two African Greys. My big Greenwing Macaw loves your walnuts. My dogs are always trying to steal them. They love your walnuts too.”
Margaret, Peoria, IL January 20, 2008
“I have purchased Walnuts in the shell countless times over the past few years. They are always wonderful and I have never had a complaint or problem! I'm just nutty about this company :)!!!”
Esther, Perkasie, PA January 15, 2008
“As promised, the order arrived in one day. YUM - everything is delicious - the walnuts in the shell are fresh and very tasty. (You can't find walnuts in a grocery store for 8 months after Christmas.) The no-salt pistachios are the biggest I've ever seen and will not last long here! The pitted dates are the biggest and "smoothest" I've ever had. It's very hard to find a bag of dates that aren't all shriveled up and dried out - but not here! Overall, my husband & I are happy first time customers and I know we will be ordering again real soon. Thanks for your great service and outstanding food.”
jamal, Va January 1, 2008
“I ordered 50 lbs walnuts in shell. The shipment was prompt. The packaging was perfect, the quality very good and very fresh. Excellent product and excellent service.”
Showing 171-180 of 190
Nancy P., Columbus, OH March 4, 2014
“My husband loves his 5 lb bag of walnuts! Very fresh and delicious...he cannot stop eating them! Plus they came a day earlier than expected!
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|