Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. English walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, English walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. English walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. English walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Ben October 7, 2009
“They are beautiful and taste even better!”
Daniel, North Charleston, SC September 24, 2009
Just got my order.FAST!!! Beautifully packaged. Really liked the bag my walnuts came in and they look/tasted great too. Will certainly order again.”
Lou September 6, 2009
I did receive your nuts the day they were supposed to arrive. The walnuts are huge(my McCaws love them-they've eaten about 6 each so far) and I'm going to try my luck with boiling peanuts fot the first time today. I was pleased with the size of your nuts so I know I will be ordering again in the future...Lou ”
Rajul, Metuchen, New Jersey June 6, 2009
“The nuts in shell are of a superior quality. My personal favourite is English walnuts in shell. Excellent service & quality. Well packaged! ”
Diana, Middleport, Ohio March 19, 2009
“Excellent service...shipment arrived 2 days after ordering. Well packaged! Glad to know about your company since finding walnuts in the shell after the holidays, especially in our small town is impossible. ”
Mattie, Augusta, GA February 16, 2009
“Yes, I received my walnuts in the shell and have been enjoying them already. They are delicious! I'm sure that you will be hearing from me again as soon as these are gone. Now I know where I can find these walnuts since no stores in my area sell them after the Christmas holidays. I can now eat them all through the year. I would recommend your business to anyone.
Ms. Mattie Flipping ”
Nicki, Baltimore, Maryland February 8, 2009
“All I can say is wow. I bought some walnuts as a gift. My boyfriend has been looking for walnuts in the shell for a while and couldn't find them. Not only were they fairly priced but I received my order in 2 days!! I would recommend this site to everyone. Thank you guys!!! You have a new loyal customer in me. :-)”
Tim, Toledo, IL January 29, 2009
“The walnuts werte delivered in a very short time and are very good. We are happy with the purchase.”
Lynne, Enosburg Falls, VT January 6, 2009
“Having received the English walnuts in the shell today enough good things can't be said about the size and condition of the nuts. The taste is exceptional too.
The service is absolutely exemplary. The next order will be for a new nutcracker! The nuts have become the latest "treat" in our house.”
elizabeth, monticello, Fl September 3, 2008
“My Malucan Cockatoo Noah and my Umbrella
Cockatoo Lola were anxiously awaiting the arrival of their nuts and they arrive yesterday as promised! Walnuts and Almonds are the favorites and are
extremely hard to find, other than around the holidays so I was extremely
happy to find that nuts-online had them
in bulk and in the shells. Noah and Lola are enjoying them as I write this,
and made me promise to put in another order! Thanks Nuts Online!
Showing 171-180 of 200
Tammy, NEWAYGO, Michigan August 9, 2014
“Awesome!!!! My Macaw is very happy with his 25lbs. of Walnuts that he received. We got a good laugh out of the box and e-mail that told me I had a package at the door. Nice to see someone that has a sense of humor and obviously loves their job! Thanks! : )”
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|