Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. English walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, English walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. English walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. English walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Eddy, Sandy Ridge, NC October 27, 2010
“Thanks guys, all looks well and good. The goods came quite fast via Brown. We'll be in touch. Take care. ”
Steve, Loveland, Colorado June 15, 2010
“I have been ordering from NutsOnline for several years now. I can't say enough great things about this company, from the freshness of the product, great Customer Service and how easy and user friendly their website is to use. I have 14 birds, if they could give any feedback, it would be one word, Yummy.
Thanks again NutsOnline Family.
Steve Ayles ”
carol, joliet, il June 7, 2010
“BEST WALNUTS I HAVE EVER HAD. MY SCARLET MACAW AGREES
TOO. CAROL SCENIAK JOLIET,IL”
Elise, San Francisco, CA April 8, 2010
“Hey! Those walnuts were the BEST EVER!!!!! Sweet, lovely. Many thanks -- You'll be hearing from me this fall!”
Fran, Edmond, Ok February 25, 2010
“As many of you, I have a parrot that LOVES English walnuts in the shell. Forget finding them after New Years! I have placed several orders with my Nuts Online friends and still am amazed at how easy it is to order, how fast it ships, the quality of their products but mostly the attention to detail with their customer service. Unbelievable! You know Spike is going to live for a long time, you have a customer for life!!!!”
David, FPO, AP December 10, 2009
“Thank you Nuts OnLine. My order arrived in plenty of time for Christmas.
Growing up it was a family tradition to have whole nuts in the stockings & on the Dinner table as a center piece. I have wanted fresh whole nuts for Christmas for over 7 years. I have not been able to find an on-line store that would ship via USPS or to a military address. Here is my story in a NUT SHELL: I placed an order with you on Tuesday December 1st. It arrived safely on the 11th. This was fast for traveling half way around the globe & two postal systems (USPS & US Military Postal System). On opening my box, I thought I walked into a nut specialty store in a mall. The aroma was strong & fresh. Not like opening a bag of nuts from the grocery store. Upon inspection the order was complete & well packed. Now I can pass on to some co-workers a little of the Derby family tradition. Being in the middle of the Indian Ocean it is hard to get items like this (whole nuts). I wish to thank Nuts OnLine a warm & hearty thank you for your web site.
I also purchased 2 medium nut trays, one for work & the other for our community bank personnel.
And yes I will be making purchases from you early next year. ”
Joe, Taunton, Ma November 17, 2009
“I just cant believe the excellent service and quality of your products.I was told the package would arrive on the Wed and just received it a day earlier, seeing where i didn't order till very late in the day. Another job well done by the Nuts on Line family. You will be sure to have my continued business.
Ben October 7, 2009
“They are beautiful and taste even better!”
Daniel, North Charleston, SC September 24, 2009
Just got my order.FAST!!! Beautifully packaged. Really liked the bag my walnuts came in and they look/tasted great too. Will certainly order again.”
Lou September 6, 2009
I did receive your nuts the day they were supposed to arrive. The walnuts are huge(my McCaws love them-they've eaten about 6 each so far) and I'm going to try my luck with boiling peanuts fot the first time today. I was pleased with the size of your nuts so I know I will be ordering again in the future...Lou ”
Showing 161-170 of 197
Joe, Westminster, MD June 24, 2014
“Received order in one day. Loose packed walnuts came in great shape. My blue front Amazon is talking up a storm in appreciation.”
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|