Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. English walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, English walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. English walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. English walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
James, Albuquerque, NM March 21, 2011
“ Dear Cousins, after the hint from your e-mail regarding "smashing expectations,"
I used sufficient force to crack a few of the sample walnuts,
and found the samples to be deliciously generous to my pallet.
May the wind always come from your rear, James”
Terrill, Greensburg, Pa March 10, 2011
“Those walnuts are fresh. Wow!”
Shelly, Richland, Wa March 8, 2011
“I just ordered walnuts in the shell and wow are they fresh!!! Love them!! Great service, fast delivery at a great price.
Jamie, Canton, Ohio March 6, 2011
“Just recieved my order and am I impressed. I love that all the packages are in resealable pouches! I have ordered in shell nuts for my macaw from other places, but this is by far the best that I have recieved! It was delivered within days, not a week plus! I was surprised by the quality and my birdy loves them! Thanks for having a place that offers quality nuts and such for birdy moms like me!”
Larry March 4, 2011
“I am so impressed by your ability to deliver nuts to me in 4 days from New Jersey. I also immediately noted the higher quality of the English Walnuts in the shell that you sent. Consistent color and size. This is good to know because local grocery stores tell me that walnuts in the shell are "out of season"...thanks again, Larry ”
Julie, Altamonte Sp., FL March 3, 2011
“My pet squirrels and I love your hard and soft shell pecans. We also love the english shelled walnuts. Next time I order I will get my husband the trail mix. He loved the sample of spicy pistachios. Thank you for the samples! Congrats on the new bride and groom! You are truly blessed with your business. ”
Doris, homer, NY March 3, 2011
“we finally got the nuts a day late but we got them and the parrot loves them she was miserable for two days without any but she has a much better attitude now. i will be sure to order from you again. thankyou
Steven, Bowie, Md. February 25, 2011
“Thanks for the fast service UPS ground in 1 day!....WOW...Walnuts are nutty.... Like Arnold says "I'll be back".”
Margaret, Ballwin, Mo. February 25, 2011
“You guys have a great sense of humor. I did receive your nuts today and had some this evening. They were so good.
I am super glad I tried them and will definitely buy again from you. It is so refreshing to be able to get nuts that are not in stores.
I am 73yrs old and nuts have been a large part of my diet my whole life. I Usually had to wait till they get to the store's in the fall, then it would end and I wait again.
I am so glad I found you guy's.
Thank you so much for being there.
Mildred February 22, 2011
“Thanks for the quick delivery. The English Walnuts were large and tasty and the Almond Butter is nice.”
Showing 161-170 of 218
FAHAD, Westbury, NY September 17, 2014
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|