Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
English Walnuts (In Shell)
English Walnuts are grown primarily in California and Oregon. This delicious nut is the most popular nut in the shell.
Its mildly sweet taste is great right out of your hand, or try it in your recipes for great flavor.
2. Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, particularly when bought in their shells and eaten while fresh. The 1.5 ounces of walnuts cited by the FDA also more than fulfill the daily requirement of essential omega-3 fatty acids, a critical nutrient deficient in the American diet. Among tree nuts, walnuts are distinctive because of their concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. Walnuts contain no cholesterol and are an important source of dietary fiber and protein. They are also a good source of many vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, B6, folate, and vitamin E.
4. Research has found that eating regular amounts of walnuts reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
5. With a 7:1 ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fat, walnuts are one of the highest naturally occurring sources of polyunsaturated fats.
6. Polyunsaturated fats are an important source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) which we must get from the food we eat. Walnuts are a rich plant source of alpha-linolenic acid, a key EFA from which omega-3 fatty acids are derived.
7. Eating a handful of walnuts a day can lower blood cholesterol. The results of a study conducted at Loma Linda University and reported in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine determined that walnuts were beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol levels and protecting against heart disease. Researchers at Loma Linda found that when men with normal cholesterol values were given walnuts instead of foods high in saturated fat and, when calorie levels were held constant, their blood cholesterol levels dropped by more than 12% and their LDL, or bad cholesterol, lowered by more than 16%.
8. Walnuts are a natural source of phytochemicals and antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage that could result in cancers or heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Joe, Taunton, Ma November 17, 2009
“I just cant believe the excellent service and quality of your products.I was told the package would arrive on the Wed and just received it a day earlier, seeing where i didn't order till very late in the day. Another job well done by the Nuts on Line family. You will be sure to have my continued business.
Ben October 7, 2009
“They are beautiful and taste even better!”
Daniel, North Charleston, SC September 24, 2009
Just got my order.FAST!!! Beautifully packaged. Really liked the bag my walnuts came in and they look/tasted great too. Will certainly order again.”
Lou September 6, 2009
I did receive your nuts the day they were supposed to arrive. The walnuts are huge(my McCaws love them-they've eaten about 6 each so far) and I'm going to try my luck with boiling peanuts fot the first time today. I was pleased with the size of your nuts so I know I will be ordering again in the future...Lou ”
Rajul, Metuchen, New Jersey June 6, 2009
“The nuts in shell are of a superior quality. My personal favourite is English walnuts in shell. Excellent service & quality. Well packaged! ”
Diana, Middleport, Ohio March 19, 2009
“Excellent service...shipment arrived 2 days after ordering. Well packaged! Glad to know about your company since finding walnuts in the shell after the holidays, especially in our small town is impossible. ”
Mattie, Augusta, GA February 16, 2009
“Yes, I received my walnuts in the shell and have been enjoying them already. They are delicious! I'm sure that you will be hearing from me again as soon as these are gone. Now I know where I can find these walnuts since no stores in my area sell them after the Christmas holidays. I can now eat them all through the year. I would recommend your business to anyone.
Ms. Mattie Flipping ”
Nicki, Baltimore, Maryland February 8, 2009
“All I can say is wow. I bought some walnuts as a gift. My boyfriend has been looking for walnuts in the shell for a while and couldn't find them. Not only were they fairly priced but I received my order in 2 days!! I would recommend this site to everyone. Thank you guys!!! You have a new loyal customer in me. :-)”
Tim, Toledo, IL January 29, 2009
“The walnuts werte delivered in a very short time and are very good. We are happy with the purchase.”
Lynne, Enosburg Falls, VT January 6, 2009
“Having received the English walnuts in the shell today enough good things can't be said about the size and condition of the nuts. The taste is exceptional too.
The service is absolutely exemplary. The next order will be for a new nutcracker! The nuts have become the latest "treat" in our house.”
Showing 161-170 of 191
M. Jawaid Khan, New Haven, CT March 7, 2014
“We are so pleased with the quality of your walnuts. The shells are clean and the nuts are fresh tasting and delicious. We definitely will tell others about your company without reservation. In fact, we have enough walnuts to give out samples. Also, it is essential to mention the highly hilarious "nut box" in which the walnuts were delivered. The box itself is a keeper. Thank you for the wonderful surprise of a great quality product. We will be ordering more products from you in the near future.”
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||180|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 35 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|