Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Roasted Pistachios (Salted, In Shell)
These lightly salted Colossal Roasted Pistachios are wonderful and HUGE. At Nuts.com, we are proud of our nuts, and these roasted pistachios certainly take the cake, as they are the biggest and most delicious variety that we have seen in years! Some of our older employees have remarked that these remind them of the olden days and the pistachios our grandfather would find.
This is a naturally colored pistachio grown in California. Excellent to serve for all occasions. As the pistachio ripens the shell within splits, naturally indicating the proper harvest time.
Health Benefits of Roasted Pistachios
1. A one-ounce serving of roasted pistachios equals 49 nuts -- more nuts per serving than any other nut and contains more than 10% of the Daily Value for dietary fiber, vitamin B-6, thiamin, phosphorus and copper.
2. You can get more dietary fiber from a serving of roasted pistachios than a 1/2 cup of broccoli or spinach.
3. Pistachios are especially rich in phytosterols, which are directly associated with lowering cholesterol levels, and may offer protection from certain types of cancer.
4. A serving of roasted pistachios has as much thiamin as a 1/2 cup serving of cooked rice.
5. The amount of vitamin B-6 in a one-ounce serving of roasted pistachios is comparable to a standard three-ounce serving of pork or chicken.
6. One serving of roasted pistachios has as much potassium as half a large banana.
7. Pistachios are a very high quality plant source of protein, providing adequate and balanced amounts of essential amino acids. In addition, pistachios are relatively high in a nonessential amino acid, arginine, which may play a potential role in prevention or reduction of cardiovascular disease.
8. While pistachios contain fat, the fat is predominantly monounsaturated, similar to that found in olive oil.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Jean, New Port Richey, FL July 21, 2012
“It is such a pleasure to eat a bag of pistachios without finding at least a third of them closed! Every nut was open. What a TREAT. Now, I will only buy California nuts from Nuts.com. I also got 3 packages of the dried veggies....they are also great! I am so glad that I found you guys...thanks a lot!”
maryann July 19, 2012
“My nuts arrived today in a very cheery box. The sprouted almonds are delicious. My husband loves your pistachios because all of the nuts are easy to open unlike the supermarket brand. And I always look forward to the special gift included with each order. Thank you.”
Sammy, CA July 17, 2012
“Nuts.com is totally nuts!
I've been a repeat customer for the past six years.
They have the best and FRESHEST!
Diane, Worcester, MA July 3, 2012
“How come your nuts taste better than other store-bought nuts? Do you guys have first dibs on the best nuts out there or something? We love them. Thank you.”
Joan, Boston, ma July 1, 2012
“now thats what I call service! I placed my order on friday and they were delivered on saturday. the pistachio nuts are delicious. my favorite”
Adam, Denver, CO June 19, 2012
“pistachios were great, just as described and certainly larger than what I've seen at most stores. great product”
deborah, NY, NY June 7, 2012
“Boy you're scary FAST! Ordered after 5pm - recvd next day. Everything fresh, tasty - good value. You Nuts get it right.”
Michelle, MD. June 5, 2012
“OMG!!! buy the Roasted Pictachio (salted, in shell). You have to get the 5 pound bag, thats the only way to keep the delicious taste flowing. ”
William, Jacksonville, NC June 3, 2012
“We just received our order of pistachios and cashews. They were just great. Perfectly roasted and salted, just how I like them. Plus the free gift of dried strawberries were excellent! Thanks for the great experience!”
Jennifer, Flushing, NY May 16, 2012
“It's been a few years since I ordered from Nuts.Com, and I have to say that my memories did not do it justice. I ordered peanuts, pistachios, and dark chocolate covered strawberries, and I am blown away by how tasty everything is. From the fast shipping, my order arrived about 24 hours after I placed it, to the all the cute sayings on the box :) You guys are top notch and I will be ordering again soon.”
Showing 71-80 of 192
Jean , Toms River, NJ July 3, 2014
“OMG! last night I wished I had some pistachios, and this morning I find them on my desk. you are the BEST at what you do.
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||110|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 320 pieces per pound.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|