Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Roasted Pistachios (Salted, In Shell)
These lightly salted Colossal Roasted Pistachios are wonderful and HUGE. At Nuts.com, we are proud of our nuts, and these roasted pistachios certainly take the cake, as they are the biggest and most delicious variety that we have seen in years! Some of our older employees have remarked that these remind them of the olden days and the pistachios our grandfather would find.
This is a naturally colored pistachio grown in California. Excellent to serve for all occasions. As the pistachio ripens the shell within splits, naturally indicating the proper harvest time.
Health Benefits of Roasted Pistachios
1. A one-ounce serving of roasted pistachios equals 49 nuts -- more nuts per serving than any other nut and contains more than 10% of the Daily Value for dietary fiber, vitamin B-6, thiamin, phosphorus and copper.
2. You can get more dietary fiber from a serving of roasted pistachios than a 1/2 cup of broccoli or spinach.
3. Pistachios are especially rich in phytosterols, which are directly associated with lowering cholesterol levels, and may offer protection from certain types of cancer.
4. A serving of roasted pistachios has as much thiamin as a 1/2 cup serving of cooked rice.
5. The amount of vitamin B-6 in a one-ounce serving of roasted pistachios is comparable to a standard three-ounce serving of pork or chicken.
6. One serving of roasted pistachios has as much potassium as half a large banana.
7. Pistachios are a very high quality plant source of protein, providing adequate and balanced amounts of essential amino acids. In addition, pistachios are relatively high in a nonessential amino acid, arginine, which may play a potential role in prevention or reduction of cardiovascular disease.
8. While pistachios contain fat, the fat is predominantly monounsaturated, similar to that found in olive oil.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Jim, Fort Collins, CO August 28, 2008
“My 3 pounds of pistachios made it here quickly, and they're tasty and half gone - I'll order an extra pound next time!”
Erin, mpls, MN July 27, 2008
“I will be ordering these for my step dad for christmas as he loves pistachios and you have by far the best price I've ever seen. Thank you nuts online for you wonderful service and out of this world prices. I will be ordering from you again and again”
CArol, Wantagh, NY June 28, 2008
“First I have to say how quick you processed my order. Next day delivery WOW!! Second, these are by far the best tasting pistachios I have ever eaten. No fighting with the shell to get it opened and wonderful taste and service. thanks I'll be back!!”
Jody, Columbia, SC June 16, 2008
“I've gotta say that I'm very pleased and impressed with my order. I shipped my father a 5 lb bag of Salted 'Nut in Shell' pistachios and they arrived the day I requested. According to him they were colossal in size and there isn't a bad one in the entire bag. He was thrilled with this as his Father's Day gift and I've already recommended this site to two other people. Thank you for helping to make his day so special!”
Shannon, Huntsville, Alabama June 15, 2008
“Hello You NUTTY bunch! I ordered a 5 lb bag of the salted pistachios for my father for Father's Day. He LOVES them! They are so BIG and they crack open very easily. Can't wait to order again. The delivery went off without a hitch and the goods were just as promised! 2 Thumbs up. :O)”
Stacie, MA May 9, 2007
“These pistachios are HUGE! They are perfectly opened and really delicious.”
michelle, panama city, fl March 22, 2007
“I ordered 5 lbs of pistachios for Christmas. My husband was in Turkey while serving in the Air Force and is very choosy about flavor and quality versus price. I thought the pistachios would make a nice treat for the holidays but was apprehensive of his reaction to my ordering them from the internet. The nuts arrived in a few days of my ordering them and even my husband was impressed with the quality, size and flavor! They were the highest quality pistachios he had ever eaten, even in Turkey. We came back and ordered 10 more lbs, and haven't had a single bad nut. We will be ordering more in the future.”
Donna, Knoxville, TN February 12, 2007
“These are the biggest pistachios ever! My husband eats these all the time as well as my 4 yr old granddaughter. She has a peanut allergy but she loves "those green nuts". You can not go wrong with these.”
nancy, Brandon, FL January 10, 2007
“I ordered 2 lbs. of pistachios for our family and they are the best EVER! We are now half way through a 5 lb. bag and have ordered another! Also sent some to family out of state and they love them too! Order these and you won't be sorry! We are hooked and will try the dried fruit next.”
Frank, Eagle River, Wisconsin December 20, 2006
“I received the 25 pound pack of pistachios today on schedule. The pistachios are first rate, great flavor and colossal size. I will order from you again.”
Showing 171-180 of 192
Jean , Toms River, NJ July 3, 2014
“OMG! last night I wished I had some pistachios, and this morning I find them on my desk. you are the BEST at what you do.
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||110|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 320 pieces per pound.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|