Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Powder (Raw)
Finally! An all natural completely raw, organic, non-heated cacao powder. Cold pressed from the finest nibs. Sprinkle organic raw cacao powder on oatmeal, puddings and treats, blend it with other foods for a healthy chocolate smoothie, or use it to make raw desserts and candies.
Cacao Health Benefits
1) Cacao contains more antioxidants per cup than wine or tea! The protective flavonoids in organic cacao powder can protect cells against damage by free radicals. Researchers at Cornell University found that a cup of cocoa contains nearly twice the antioxidants present in a glass of red wine, up to three times the antioxidants found in a cup of green tea, and five times the concentration in a cup of black tea. These findings are published in the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry.
2) Organic cacao powder is rich in flavonoids which can support heart health by reducing blood pressure and relaxing blood vessels. The Zutphen Elderly Study published in 2005 found that flavonoid intake was inversely associated with coronary heart disease, and high systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
3) Cacao is a natural mood booster because it stimulates the release of endorphins and serotonin in the brain. Feeling a little blue? Cacao also contains anandamide which leaves us feeling blissful and elevates our happiness levels.
4) Cacao powder is a brain food. The journal Neurology published preliminary research suggesting that cacao may improve cognitive function and the flow of blood to the brain.
5) Cacao is one of the richest food sources of magnesium, which aids over 300 chemical reactions in the body. Magnesium supports everything from cardiovascular function to bone health. A one-ounce serving of cacao powder contains over 30% of the Daily Value (DV) for magnesium.
How is organic raw cacao powder made?
Organic raw cacao powder is created by taking the nibs and then cold-pressing the oil out. When the oil is removed from the nibs, what results is dense, nutritionally packed dry mass. This mass is then ground into fine powder. Throughout this process every precaution is taken to ensure that no heat is used and maximum potency results.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Jamie, La Mirada, CA December 17, 2010
“Everything arrived amazingly. Just as described. Will definitely re-order soon and refer many people! :)”
Babette , Lake Worth, Florida December 9, 2010
“Everything looks and tastes great! The Figs are giant sized, as well and the macadamia nuts. Can't wait to cook with the carob and cacao powder. Thank you for gift of the tasty apricots. I'm hooked now.
Babette Lewis, LMT”
David, wilmington, de December 1, 2010
“Wow. I read the testimonials about the fast shipping and amazing quality, but of course I was skeptical. I ordered the items yesterday and received them this morning! Unbelievable speed. Each item is packed in resealable pouches with the nutrition facts attached to the back. I could not ask for anything more. Also, to my genuine delight, nutsonline.com included a free sample of goji berries with my order. This is great because I was looking to try adding some form of dried red fruit or red powder to my shakes. Thank you so much. I will only be ordering my supplies from nutsonline.com from now on. Amazing.”
Simon, Boston, MA November 19, 2010
“I am very happy with your service and prices. I placed my order around three in the afternoon and it came right the next day, and I didn't order it express or overnight. The products are also placed in nice looking and efficient packaging. I look forward to ordering with you again soon. Thank you.
Aja, Chicago, IL September 7, 2010
“got my order quickly. Always love my raw cocoa in my shakes”
michael, west hartford, ct June 14, 2010
“I can't believe the order arrived the next day when I placed it so late the day before. Great Price and Great Taste from your raw cocoa powder.”
Amber, FL June 4, 2010
“I just got my order today, and it was packed so well. The 1 lb. bags are great! it makes life in the kitchen easier! Also, the company itself is so helpful. I got my order on time and I got an email telling me that it was delievered! Thank you so mcuh!”
Karen , Modesto, Ca June 3, 2010
“Thank you so much for the message and great service. I received all ordered goods yesterday and I am very satisfied with your product and your service.
Sincerely, Karen Forakis”
jean, wilmington, DE April 16, 2010
“Great stuff the next day with a sweet surprise how can you beat that! Thank you so very much. ”
Yulia, San Diego, ca April 2, 2010
“Thanks Nutty Family! I ordered cocoa butter, cocoa powder and macadamia nuts. Everything came on time, and very nicely packed!”
Showing 31-40 of 47
Inge, Summerville, SC October 14, 2013
“I am very happy with my order. I love the energy squares and the organic raw cacao powder. This was my first order but it won't be the last.m”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||40|
Organic Cacao Powder
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year. This can be refrigerated or frozen.
Country of Origin: Indonesia
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|