Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Powder (Raw)
Finally! An all natural completely raw, organic, non-heated cacao powder. Cold pressed from the finest nibs. Sprinkle organic raw cacao powder on oatmeal, puddings and treats, blend it with other foods for a healthy chocolate smoothie, or use it to make raw desserts and candies.
Cacao Health Benefits
1) Cacao contains more antioxidants per cup than wine or tea! The protective flavonoids in organic cacao powder can protect cells against damage by free radicals. Researchers at Cornell University found that a cup of cocoa contains nearly twice the antioxidants present in a glass of red wine, up to three times the antioxidants found in a cup of green tea, and five times the concentration in a cup of black tea. These findings are published in the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry.
2) Organic cacao powder is rich in flavonoids which can support heart health by reducing blood pressure and relaxing blood vessels. The Zutphen Elderly Study published in 2005 found that flavonoid intake was inversely associated with coronary heart disease, and high systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
3) Cacao is a natural mood booster because it stimulates the release of endorphins and serotonin in the brain. Feeling a little blue? Cacao also contains anandamide which leaves us feeling blissful and elevates our happiness levels.
4) Cacao powder is a brain food. The journal Neurology published preliminary research suggesting that cacao may improve cognitive function and the flow of blood to the brain.
5) Cacao is one of the richest food sources of magnesium, which aids over 300 chemical reactions in the body. Magnesium supports everything from cardiovascular function to bone health. A one-ounce serving of cacao powder contains over 30% of the Daily Value (DV) for magnesium.
How is organic raw cacao powder made?
Organic raw cacao powder is created by taking the nibs and then cold-pressing the oil out. When the oil is removed from the nibs, what results is dense, nutritionally packed dry mass. This mass is then ground into fine powder. Throughout this process every precaution is taken to ensure that no heat is used and maximum potency results.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Michael February 6, 2012
“very pleased with 5lb bag of cocoa order..”
Elaine, North Andover, MA November 22, 2011
“EXTRAORDINARY turn-around shipping time! The raw cacoa is so DELICIOUS as well as the raw maca! THANK YOU SO MUCH for the sample of the cacao nibs! It is a joy to do business with you folks. Happy Thanksgiving!”
Alex, Aurora, Ontario October 15, 2011
“Wow ! You guys rock ! Fast shipping to Canada is a Big Plus for me. Thank You !”
Bonnie, Port Orchard, WA September 13, 2011
“I received my first ever delivery of a NutsOnline order just today. I couldn't wait to make my first cup of hot cocoa with the raw cacao powder. I've never had raw cacao powder before, and was delightfully pleased with the earthy flavor with no bitter aftertaste. I was also pleasantly surprised by the sample bag of whole almonds! I love NutsOnline!”
Laura, Milford, Michigan August 6, 2011
“We love Nutsonline! They are fast, efficient, and their cocoa is rich and deeeeliciousssss!
Thanks you for your wonderful service!”
Mike, Syracuser, NY August 2, 2011
“Ordered Sunday, delivered Tuesday! Top notch service. Website is well designed and organized. I like the sense of humor as well. Clever graphics and sayings. Cant wait to purchase more products!”
Henry, Lockhart, Texas July 9, 2011
“I thought those testimonials about quick service were exaggerated...until my order came today, 3-4 days sooner than I expected. We opened the goji's and they taste as good as any we have had. "I'll be back" says I.”
Karen, Fl June 27, 2011
“I have been ordering from you for a long time and I always receive excellent service, super fast delivery and the 1 lb packaging is great! I recommend you to all my friends and enjoy all the different things that I order. You are an A+, Number One quality company! Keep up the great work!!”
Mary Rose, Milwaukee, Wisconsin June 24, 2011
“Wow, you guys are awesome. Super fast, Good quality. Wish all companies were like you. I just placed my order on Wednesday and it came on Friday! Also, Thanks for the free Chia sample! This stuff is great. Will order from you guys again!
Patrycja, Congers, NY June 2, 2011
“The fastest delivery ever! Thank you for all the delicious goodies and for bonus :)”
Showing 11-20 of 47
Inge, Summerville, SC October 14, 2013
“I am very happy with my order. I love the energy squares and the organic raw cacao powder. This was my first order but it won't be the last.m”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||40|
Organic Cacao Powder
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year. This can be refrigerated or frozen.
Country of Origin: Indonesia
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|