Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Powder
Our organic cacao powder, also known as cocoa powder, is made from the finest cacao beans and has a decadent and full-bodied chocolate flavor. Enjoy cacao powder in hot chocolate, smoothies, and brownies, or top your dessert with an elegant dusting of this fine powder. The savory chocolate taste will take you to chocolate heaven; cacao's health benefits are just the cherry on the top.
What is Cacao Powder?
Our organic cacao powder starts with high quality organic raw cacao beans that are roasted and then ground into a fine paste. The excess cacao butter is then squeezed out of the cacao bean paste and the remaining solid blocks of cacao powder are grated into a fine powder. Our natural processed cacao powder isn't treated with alkali so it has a deep, bitter flavor. This product is heated during the manufacturing process and is not considered raw, however we have raw organic cacao powder, too!
What Experts Say about Cacao Powder
Dr. Oz from the Doctor Oz Show: "You don't always have to say no to that piece of chocolate! In fact, if you are looking to lower your blood pressure or boost your mood, a bite of dark chocolate or a sip of hot cocoa might be the perfect answer. The cocoa found in some of your favorite desserts contains many super powers that can help improve your health, inside and out."
Health Bits and Bites
1. High Concentration of Antioxidants: Organic cacao powder contains more flavonoids, a type of antioxidant, than any other food. The presence of the high amounts of antioxidants can protect normal cells against damage by free radicals. Furthermore, the phytochemicals in flavonoids may fight diabetes. Did you know that cocoa contains more antioxidants per cup than wine or tea?
Researchers at Cornell University published remarkable findings about the antioxidant concentration of cocoa in the American Chemical Society's Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry. They found that a cup of cocoa contains almost twice the antioxidants present in a glass of red wine, up to three times the antioxidants found in a cup of green tea, and five times the concentration of a cup of black tea.
2. Improved Heart Health: According to researchers, regular cacao intake may reduce blood pressure by thinning blood and relaxing blood vessels. The Zutphen Elderly Study (2005) found that flavonoid intake was inversely associated with coronary heart disease, and high systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
3. Mood Booster: There's scientific research that explains why we reach for chocolate when we're feeling down. Cacao stimulates the release of endorphins and serotonin, the two chemicals that naturally boost our happiness levels. The presence of the lipid anandamide, also known as the 'bliss chemical,’ further contributes to a euphoric feeling, and, unlike caffeine, is not addictive.
4. Brain Food: Preliminary research from Harvard University, published in the journal Neurology, suggests cocoa may improve cognitive function and the flow of blood to the brain.
5. Magnesium and more: Cacao is one of the richest food sources of magnesium. Although magnesium gets less spotlight than calcium, a proper balance of the two minerals is essential to support healthy bones and teeth. Magnesium also plays an important role in over 300 chemical reactions in the body, protects the heart, maintains healthy blood pressure, increases energy, and controls blood sugar levels. Organic cacao powder is also a natural source of calcium, iron, zinc, potassium, and other nutrients.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Jamie, Versailles, KY August 21, 2008
“Great. We received our nuts and cacao yesterday. Opened the bag right away..yum!! Thank you!!”
Doug, Glendale, AZ August 1, 2008
“The Cacao and Maca are UNBELIEVABLE. Cheers,”
Showing 51-60 of 53
Antonio S Pahati, New York, NY April 10, 2014
Enjoyed your packaging... makes me feel it's a family affair.
Opened the Cocoa..... smooth... immediately used it with some cream and little sugar..... exactly what I had anticipated.... nostalgia time for it's been so long I do not remember when I had this brew!!!!
Fantastic, delicious and healthy too.
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||40|
Organic Cacao Powder
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year. This can be refrigerated or frozen.
Country of Origin: Ecuador
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|