Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Nibs (Raw)
Organic Cacao Nibs are a real chocolate treat. Made from crushed cacao beans, these raw nibs are the original unsweetened chocolate chip. Organic cocoa nibs are crunchy, flavorful, and packed with powerful nutrients, antioxidants, and natural mood lifters. Try them straight, or sweeten with bananas and dates for a truly healthy chocolate. Perfect for mixing into smoothies or trail mixes. The possibilities are endless for this crunchy antioxidant pick me up.
Cacao Nibs: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut loves Raw Cacao Nibs because they are made from 100% cacao, and they have 0 grams of sugar and 5 grams of fiber in a serving! The antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate come from cacao, too. Typically chocolate bars contain a percentage of cacao, some as little as 10%. By choosing raw cacao nibs, you incorporate 100% cacao into your diet.
Try adding cacao nibs into trail mix or quick breads for a chocolate taste. For a refreshing, antioxidant blast, blend a frozen banana, a splash of low fat or almond milk, and a tablespoon of cacao.
Health Benefits of Cacao:
1) Brain Food: A study led by researchers at the Northumbria University in England examined the effects of cacao consumption on cognitive activity. Subjects who consumed a cacao drink before performing mathematical calculations completed them more quickly and accurately than the control group that received no cacao. The lead professor of the study suggested that the high polyphenol content of cacao may be protective against declining cognitive function.
2) Lower Blood Pressure: Studies from universities throughout the United States have demonstrated that eating unprocessed cacao can support the cardiovascular system and reduce blood pressure. One such study by the University of Utah found that healthy patients who consumed unprocessed cacao experienced a decrease in systolic and diastolic blood pressure by 5mm within two weeks.
3) Improve Insulin Sensitivity: The flavonols present in organic raw cacao nibs may play an important role in lowering diabetic risk. Researchers at Tufts University and the University of L’Aquilla found that flavonol-rich cacao reduced blood pressure, regulated blood glucose levels, and increased the function of cells that produce insulin.
4) Lift Your Mood: Feeling a little blue? A serving of raw cacao nibs can act as a powerful mood-enhancer. Cacao is packed with compounds that increase levels of endorphins and serotonin in our brain; these are the chemicals that cheer us up, reduce anxiety, and give us a general sense of well-being.
Five Delightful Uses of Cacao Nibs
1) Enjoy them straight or accompanied by your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
2) Make a trail mix by mixing a handful of organic cacao nibs with nuts and dried fruit.
3) Grind a tablespoon of cacao nibs and then blend them into a fruit smoothie for a unique chocolate kick.
4) Incorporate a spoonful of organic cacao nibs into your morning cereal or oatmeal for an antioxidant boost.
5) Substitute part chocolate chips for cocoa nibs in baked goods like brownies or muffins to add a deep chocolate richness.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
John, lewes, Delaware March 28, 2012
“I saw these nuts on DR. Oz and can't wait to enjoy them and loss some extra pounds”
Carly , Dekalb, Il March 12, 2012
“Everything came sooo quickly! I was sooo excited to try the new items I'm adding to my lifestyle. Chia seeds, cacao nibs, and spirulina! Superfoods! My friends always want me to make them my green shakes now when they come over! Huge hit thanks to my nuts.com items! ”
Cheryl, Newfoundland, PA March 2, 2012
“Arrived the next day !! The hemp seed is wonderful and of course the nibs are great. You can be sure you will be getting more orders from me and my friends. Have a wonderful weekend !!”
Andree, Labrador City, NL February 27, 2012
“Everything arrived very promptly and in good order. Purchased the cacao nibs, goji berries, chia seeds and energy bars. I really enjoyed the energy bars - chia seed bars as well as goji cacao bars. As soon as it arrived, I had to try everything. Just one word of warning, those cacao nibs may be very small but they are very powerful. I will definitely order more energy squares. They are very tasty!”
Anita, Sonoma, Ca. February 25, 2012
“Great bridge mix! The nuts taste so fresh. I will find things to do with the cacao nibs! I know they are great for energy! Thanks Guys! Anita Ur nutty friend! ”
Russell, St. Cloud, FL February 22, 2012
“Received my order today of Chia seeds and Cacao Nibs. Never had them before, but always like to try new things. Put the Chia seeds on my Black Beans and Rice tonight. Great addition to the meal. Will try the Cacao Nibs in the morning with Oatmeal.”
Ryan t, Hutchinson, Mn February 22, 2012
“Great products, fast shipping! I will order again and again! ”
Elisangela, League City, Texas February 19, 2012
“I just love the cocoa beans i got from you and i made my best recipe from my Country Brazil, it was very delicious! Wish I could of share it with you guys.”
smilingjul, Malvern, PA February 17, 2012
“Wow, I ordered them yesterday at 5p.m. after watch Dr. Oz talk about Cacao Nibs and today I was eating them. You guys are amazing, wish every online retailer operated the same way. Love the energy bars and the dried black berries as well. ”
Magda, Midlothian, VA February 2, 2012
“Delicious and crunchy these nibs are larger than others I have bought for more! They came in perfect condition, not crushed to powder like some more expensive brands! What a tasty addition to my morning yogurt, and a secret ingredient in my chocolate chip cookies and brownie recipes. Yum!”
Showing 71-80 of 160
carlos, Sonoma, Ca. June 25, 2014
“Great service. We just received our order. Looking forward to our new experience with Nuts.com.
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||138|
Organic cacao nibs
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: Ecuador
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|