Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Nibs (Raw)
Organic Cacao Nibs are a real chocolate treat. Made from crushed cacao beans, these raw nibs are the original unsweetened chocolate chip. Organic cocoa nibs are crunchy, flavorful, and packed with powerful nutrients, antioxidants, and natural mood lifters. Try them straight, or sweeten with bananas and dates for a truly healthy chocolate. Perfect for mixing into smoothies or trail mixes. The possibilities are endless for this crunchy antioxidant pick me up.
Cacao Nibs: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut loves Raw Cacao Nibs because they are made from 100% cacao, and they have 0 grams of sugar and 5 grams of fiber in a serving! The antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate come from cacao, too. Typically chocolate bars contain a percentage of cacao, some as little as 10%. By choosing raw cacao nibs, you incorporate 100% cacao into your diet.
Try adding cacao nibs into trail mix or quick breads for a chocolate taste. For a refreshing, antioxidant blast, blend a frozen banana, a splash of low fat or almond milk, and a tablespoon of cacao.
Health Benefits of Cacao:
1) Brain Food: A study led by researchers at the Northumbria University in England examined the effects of cacao consumption on cognitive activity. Subjects who consumed a cacao drink before performing mathematical calculations completed them more quickly and accurately than the control group that received no cacao. The lead professor of the study suggested that the high polyphenol content of cacao may be protective against declining cognitive function.
2) Lower Blood Pressure: Studies from universities throughout the United States have demonstrated that eating unprocessed cacao can support the cardiovascular system and reduce blood pressure. One such study by the University of Utah found that healthy patients who consumed unprocessed cacao experienced a decrease in systolic and diastolic blood pressure by 5mm within two weeks.
3) Improve Insulin Sensitivity: The flavonols present in organic raw cacao nibs may play an important role in lowering diabetic risk. Researchers at Tufts University and the University of L’Aquilla found that flavonol-rich cacao reduced blood pressure, regulated blood glucose levels, and increased the function of cells that produce insulin.
4) Lift Your Mood: Feeling a little blue? A serving of raw cacao nibs can act as a powerful mood-enhancer. Cacao is packed with compounds that increase levels of endorphins and serotonin in our brain; these are the chemicals that cheer us up, reduce anxiety, and give us a general sense of well-being.
Five Delightful Uses of Cacao Nibs
1) Enjoy them straight or accompanied by your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
2) Make a trail mix by mixing a handful of organic cacao nibs with nuts and dried fruit.
3) Grind a tablespoon of cacao nibs and then blend them into a fruit smoothie for a unique chocolate kick.
4) Incorporate a spoonful of organic cacao nibs into your morning cereal or oatmeal for an antioxidant boost.
5) Substitute part chocolate chips for cocoa nibs in baked goods like brownies or muffins to add a deep chocolate richness.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
sharon, chicago, il November 18, 2012
“I placed my order Thursday afternoon and received it Saturday morning, very fast shipping I couldn't wait to try my goji berries and cacao nibs very yummy thanks a bushell ;)”
Jodi, Navarre, Ohio November 7, 2012
“My products arrived in a very timely manner. I love them all. Everything tastes great! I love cacao nibs and Nuts.com has been the best buy I've found.”
Keith, Hagerstown, maryland November 7, 2012
“Very fast service! Thanks.
I tried the Organic Cacao Nibs (Raw) and liked them, even right out of the bag. Right now I am enjoying them in a bowl of cereal. I will be doing business again with you guys. Thanks!
Deborah Hignett, Lorain, OH October 24, 2012
“Quick shipping! Really cute packaging! Love the cacao nibs! can't wait to try the chia in a smoothie tomorrow! Will definitely be ordering again soon!”
tina, Co Spgs, co October 3, 2012
“No wonder these are said to improve your mood- I had a couple handfuls of the sample (Thank You!!!), and the wonderful flavor of chocolate rests on my tongue, still. These couldn't have come at a better time, as I am dismantling my tomato garden before the freeze, and am a little sad about it! ”
Miho, New York, NY September 27, 2012
“Yeah! Placed my order on time as always!
Your cacao nibs are "AWESOME" and EXTREMELY DELICIOUS!!
Thank you and see you soon!”
ramon, Deltona, Florida September 20, 2012
“Wow, what a service. Thank you!!”
kandie, sarasota, fl August 6, 2012
“I love the items i ordered, the cocoa nibs taste good to me, i often grind and mix into my smoothies, with the wheatgerm i got also. Delivery was quick and i couldn't be happier with my order, thank you Nuts.com You will hear from me again.”
April L. Birtcil August 2, 2012
“Just got my NUTTY pkg. Very fast delivery. Other reviewers said it would be. Thank you for my yummy suprise treat. I was a little concerned about the "bitter taste" cacao nibs reviews. I like the taste. They taste like usual nuts to me. Dr. Oz suggested them. I'm glad I ordered from your company! Love the box too...You guys are NUTS! Keep up the great work. ”
Diane August 1, 2012
“As soon as we opened the package my husband and I tasted everything. the chocolate rasberry flavored chips, the gummie life savers, the cocao nibs and loved it all. thank you for the goji berries gift package. tomorrow we will be making something new and different with the maca powder. Cannot believe I placed my order Monday night and the products were at our door step Wednesday afternoon!!
Diane & Wayne”
Showing 71-80 of 183
Gayane, Los Angeles, CA September 13, 2014
“I got addicted to these when I received a sample with a previous order. Amazing quality and delicious!”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||138|
Organic cacao nibs
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: Ecuador
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|