Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Nibs (Raw)
Organic Cacao Nibs are a real chocolate treat. Made from crushed cacao beans, these raw nibs are the original unsweetened chocolate chip. Our raw cacao nibs are crunchy, flavorful, and packed with powerful nutrients, antioxidants, and natural mood lifters. Try them straight, or sweeten with bananas and dates for a healthy chocolate treat. Perfect for mixing into smoothies or trail mixes. The possibilities are endless for this crunchy antioxidant pick-me-up.
What are Cacao Nibs?
Cacao nibs are simply chocolate in its purest form, before anything else is added. They are dried and fermented bits of cacao beans. The texture of our raw organic cacao nibs is similar to that of roasted coffee beans. They have a deep chocolate flavor which can be described as slightly bitter and nutty. Raw cacao nibs are the less processed version of chocolate with no unhealthy additives, so they preserve all the nutrients of the natural cacao bean. Cacao nibs are an excellent source of antioxidants, fiber, iron and magnesium. These crunchy cacao bits are often used to play up the chocolate flavor in sweets and other dishes.
Organic Cacao Nibs: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut loves raw cacao nibs because they are made from 100% cacao, and they have 0 grams of sugar and 5 grams of fiber in a serving! The antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate come from cacao, too. Typically chocolate bars contain a percentage of cacao, some as little as 10%. By choosing raw cacao nibs, you incorporate 100% cacao into your diet.
Try adding cacao nibs into trail mix or quick breads for a chocolate taste. For a refreshing, antioxidant blast, blend a frozen banana, a splash of low fat or almond milk, and a tablespoon of cacao.
Health Benefits of Cacao Nibs:
1) Nutritional Powerhouse: Chocolate lovers, rejoice! Raw organic cacao nibs are an excellent source of fiber and iron. A single one-ounce serving of cacao nibs provides 18% of the DV for fiber and 21% of the DV for iron. They are also chock-full of protective antioxidants and magnesium. In fact, raw cacao nibs are one of the best food sources of magnesium: an essential mineral involved in over 300 chemical reactions in our body, from nerve function to bone health.
2) Brain Food: A study led by researchers at the Northumbria University in England examined the effects of cacao consumption on cognitive activity. Subjects who consumed a cacao drink before performing mathematical calculations completed them more quickly and accurately than the control group that received no cacao. The lead professor of the study suggested that the high polyphenol content of cacao may be protective against declining cognitive function. Organic cacao nibs are one smart snack!
3) Stabilize Blood Sugar: Studies from universities throughout the United States have demonstrated that eating unprocessed cacao can support the cardiovascular system and reduce blood pressure. One such study by the University of Utah found that healthy patients who consumed unprocessed cacao experienced a decrease in systolic and diastolic blood pressure by 5mm within two weeks.
4) Improve Insulin Sensitivity: The flavonols present in organic raw cacao nibs may play an important role in lowering diabetic risk. Researchers at Tufts University and the University of L’Aquilla found that flavonol-rich cacao reduced blood pressure, regulated blood glucose levels, and increased the function of cells that produce insulin.
5) Lift Your Mood: If you're feeling a little down, a serving of raw cacao nibs can act as a powerful mood-enhancer. Cacao is packed with compounds that increase levels of endorphins and serotonin in our brain; these are the chemicals that cheer us up, reduce anxiety, and give us a general sense of well-being.
6) Promote General Health: Research suggests that consuming flavonoid-rich foods like organic cacao nibs can reduce the risk for cardiovascular disease, cancer, and other chronic conditions. A study led by Harvard Medical School researchers looked at the effects of cacao consumption on the island-dwelling Kuna people, who consumed cacao as part of their regular diet. They found that the Kuna people had a significantly lower incidence of cardiovascular disease and cancer than people living on the mainland who did not drink cacao.
Five Delightful Uses of Cacao Nibs
1) Right out of the bag: Enjoy them straight or accompanied by your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
2) Trail mix: Make a trail mix by mixing a handful of organic cacao nibs with nuts and dried fruit.
3) Smoothies: Grind a tablespoon of cacao nibs and then blend them into a fruit smoothie for a unique chocolate kick.
4) Breakfast foods: Incorporate a spoonful of organic cacao nibs into your morning cereal or oatmeal for an antioxidant boost.
5) Baked goods: Substitute part chocolate chips for cocoa nibs in baked goods like brownies or muffins to add a deep chocolate richness.
Also referred to as: raw cocoa nibs, organic cocoa nibs
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
David, Bronx, New York February 13, 2013
“One reason why the internet is so indispensable is because it is chock full of hidden gems like nuts.com. You'll never see products like these on TV. Personally I'm a big fan of the energy squares. I've ordered every flavor of square I saw and there isn't a dog among'em. All delicious, plus they're organic. And I love tossin' those organic caocao nibs in my smoothies. A nice healthy chocolate flavored morning drink gets me goin'. Whose decision was it to offer organic cacao nibs anyway? Give'em a bonus! Hell, give everyone a bonus! Keep up the good work nuts.com”
Helen, Hulbert, OK February 12, 2013
“I received my package today on time. Thank you. I am very happy with the items I purchased. The Goji Berries and nibs are so good and the Honey Pistachio Energy Squares are delicious. I am looking forward to trying the other items. So far so good. I will be back for more. I loved the packaging. Have a good one.”
Jonathan, Los Angeles, California February 8, 2013
“Products from this website are fresh and clean, prices are appropriate, and the products are speedily delivered.
Joan January 19, 2013
“The cacao nibs are the ultimate answer to the desires of a true chocolate devotee. And ... your packaging is great!”
Elizabeth, Hershey, pa January 16, 2013
“Thanks so much. You know you have a good product when a 4-year old takes a bite of the cacao nibs and yells "chocolate!". The goji berries are delightfully chewy. The energy bites are delicious. The shipping was fast, the ordering painless. Thanks for making eating right so much easier.”
Jennifer, Pevely, MO - Missouri January 15, 2013
“I've now ordered from Nuts.com twice, and have received outstanding products and service both times. Thank you so much!”
Brian , Centerton, AR January 4, 2013
“Received my package today. Best packaging ever seen ! Enjoyed the sample package. Tried the Cacao nibs. Being unsweetened, they definitely got my attention. Very healthy tasting and a must use for my Nutriblast mixing. The cacao and goji berry squares were absolutely delicious tasting. Will be taking them to work and offering samples. Plan on using the Maca Powder and Goji berries in my drink recipes along with the Chia seeds. Nice to have a one stop shop, best quality products and best pricing! What a nutty concept !! :-) Definitely a repeat buyer. Thanks again.”
Carolyn, Salem, MA January 3, 2013
“Excellent products, service, and delivery!!! I received my package within a couple of days. Cacao nibs, maca, and goji berries are delicious and excellent quality for the price. Can't beat Nuts.com”
Kirsten January 2, 2013
“OMG!!! I can't believe how quickly I received my order. can wait to get started...”
Kimberly, Lubbock, Texas December 27, 2012
“Love the strawberries! Can't find any like these anywhere else. I also buy the cacao nibs to use in smoothies and yogurt. My orders always ship promptly and they have excellent customer service.”
Showing 61-70 of 187
Mary, Cleveland, OH September 22, 2014
“good taste different.”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||138|
Organic cacao nibs
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: Ecuador
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|