Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Nibs (Raw)
Organic Cacao Nibs are a real chocolate treat. Made from crushed cacao beans, these raw nibs are the original unsweetened chocolate chip. Organic cocoa nibs are crunchy, flavorful, and packed with powerful nutrients, antioxidants, and natural mood lifters. Try them straight, or sweeten with bananas and dates for a truly healthy chocolate. Perfect for mixing into smoothies or trail mixes. The possibilities are endless for this crunchy antioxidant pick me up.
Cacao Nibs: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut loves Raw Cacao Nibs because they are made from 100% cacao, and they have 0 grams of sugar and 5 grams of fiber in a serving! The antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate come from cacao, too. Typically chocolate bars contain a percentage of cacao, some as little as 10%. By choosing raw cacao nibs, you incorporate 100% cacao into your diet.
Try adding cacao nibs into trail mix or quick breads for a chocolate taste. For a refreshing, antioxidant blast, blend a frozen banana, a splash of low fat or almond milk, and a tablespoon of cacao.
Health Benefits of Cacao:
1) Brain Food: A study led by researchers at the Northumbria University in England examined the effects of cacao consumption on cognitive activity. Subjects who consumed a cacao drink before performing mathematical calculations completed them more quickly and accurately than the control group that received no cacao. The lead professor of the study suggested that the high polyphenol content of cacao may be protective against declining cognitive function.
2) Lower Blood Pressure: Studies from universities throughout the United States have demonstrated that eating unprocessed cacao can support the cardiovascular system and reduce blood pressure. One such study by the University of Utah found that healthy patients who consumed unprocessed cacao experienced a decrease in systolic and diastolic blood pressure by 5mm within two weeks.
3) Improve Insulin Sensitivity: The flavonols present in organic raw cacao nibs may play an important role in lowering diabetic risk. Researchers at Tufts University and the University of L’Aquilla found that flavonol-rich cacao reduced blood pressure, regulated blood glucose levels, and increased the function of cells that produce insulin.
4) Lift Your Mood: Feeling a little blue? A serving of raw cacao nibs can act as a powerful mood-enhancer. Cacao is packed with compounds that increase levels of endorphins and serotonin in our brain; these are the chemicals that cheer us up, reduce anxiety, and give us a general sense of well-being.
Five Delightful Uses of Cacao Nibs
1) Enjoy them straight or accompanied by your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
2) Make a trail mix by mixing a handful of organic cacao nibs with nuts and dried fruit.
3) Grind a tablespoon of cacao nibs and then blend them into a fruit smoothie for a unique chocolate kick.
4) Incorporate a spoonful of organic cacao nibs into your morning cereal or oatmeal for an antioxidant boost.
5) Substitute part chocolate chips for cocoa nibs in baked goods like brownies or muffins to add a deep chocolate richness.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Marcos, Turlock, CA July 24, 2012
“Great product and the quality is excellent
Genevieve, Jacksonville, Fl June 29, 2012
“Nearly ran down the FedEx delivery guy bc I was so excited to receive my shipment!!! Tore open my bag of organic dried bananas.... Yummy!!! With my bananas in one hand, I used my teeth and tore open my organic cacao nibs!!! Delicious :)!! Thank you nuts.com!!”
Gabbie, Costa Mesa, CA June 26, 2012
“I just got my order last week and have already used the cacao butter and cacao nibs! They're so delicious! Can't wait to add my maca powder into my smoothies this week! Love that you guys also threw in a free bag of raw cacao goji energy bites! Yum! Thanks! Will definetly be reordering soon :)”
Ignacio, El Paso, TX June 22, 2012
“Excellent tasting berries and the cacao nibs are great too!”
Laurel, Penfield, NY June 21, 2012
“Love the salted roasted Fava beans and the cacao nibs. Just ordered more Fava beans and going to try the sweetened nibs and a couple other things. ”
Bill, Green Valley, AZ May 18, 2012
“I appreciate doing business with Nuts.com because their prices are competitive, their products are good quality and their service is fast.”
Angie, Spokane, WA May 16, 2012
“Hey, I want to tell you a great way to have a little snack while watching home movies, etc. 1 tablespoon goji berries plus 1 tablespoon cocoa nibs equals about 75 calories. You could even add some sunflower seeds, almonds, or walnuts. Intense flavor without any junk! ”
James-Paul, OZONE PARK, New York April 19, 2012
“These cacao nibs are awesome!!!”
HOLLY, Homeland, California April 19, 2012
“Just got my order and am very satisfied, got a couple new things and am very glad I did. The chocolate nibs and the chia energy squares are awesome. will definitely be ordering more of them soon--thanks ”
David, lake worth, florida March 31, 2012
“Just got my order today of organic raw mixed nuts, Dark chocolate covered raisins and raw cacao nibs. The order arrived when you said it would and we are very PLEASED. With all of it.”
Showing 61-70 of 160
carlos, Sonoma, Ca. June 25, 2014
“Great service. We just received our order. Looking forward to our new experience with Nuts.com.
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||138|
Organic cacao nibs
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: Ecuador
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|