Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Nibs (Raw)
Organic Cacao Nibs are a real chocolate treat. Made from crushed cacao beans, these raw nibs are the original unsweetened chocolate chip. Our raw cacao nibs are crunchy, flavorful, and packed with powerful nutrients, antioxidants, and natural mood lifters. Try them straight, or sweeten with bananas and dates for a healthy chocolate treat. Perfect for mixing into smoothies or trail mixes. The possibilities are endless for this crunchy antioxidant pick-me-up.
What are Cacao Nibs?
Cacao nibs are simply chocolate in its purest form, before anything else is added. They are dried and fermented bits of cacao beans. The texture of our raw organic cacao nibs is similar to that of roasted coffee beans. They have a deep chocolate flavor which can be described as slightly bitter and nutty. Raw cacao nibs are the less processed version of chocolate with no unhealthy additives, so they preserve all the nutrients of the natural cacao bean. Cacao nibs are an excellent source of antioxidants, fiber, iron and magnesium. These crunchy cacao bits are often used to play up the chocolate flavor in sweets and other dishes.
Organic Cacao Nibs: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut loves raw cacao nibs because they are made from 100% cacao, and they have 0 grams of sugar and 5 grams of fiber in a serving! The antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate come from cacao, too. Typically chocolate bars contain a percentage of cacao, some as little as 10%. By choosing raw cacao nibs, you incorporate 100% cacao into your diet.
Try adding cacao nibs into trail mix or quick breads for a chocolate taste. For a refreshing, antioxidant blast, blend a frozen banana, a splash of low fat or almond milk, and a tablespoon of cacao.
Health Benefits of Cacao Nibs:
1) Nutritional Powerhouse: Chocolate lovers, rejoice! Raw organic cacao nibs are an excellent source of fiber and iron. A single one-ounce serving of cacao nibs provides 18% of the DV for fiber and 21% of the DV for iron. They are also chock-full of protective antioxidants and magnesium. In fact, raw cacao nibs are one of the best food sources of magnesium: an essential mineral involved in over 300 chemical reactions in our body, from nerve function to bone health.
2) Brain Food: A study led by researchers at the Northumbria University in England examined the effects of cacao consumption on cognitive activity. Subjects who consumed a cacao drink before performing mathematical calculations completed them more quickly and accurately than the control group that received no cacao. The lead professor of the study suggested that the high polyphenol content of cacao may be protective against declining cognitive function. Organic cacao nibs are one smart snack!
3) Stabilize Blood Sugar: Studies from universities throughout the United States have demonstrated that eating unprocessed cacao can support the cardiovascular system and reduce blood pressure. One such study by the University of Utah found that healthy patients who consumed unprocessed cacao experienced a decrease in systolic and diastolic blood pressure by 5mm within two weeks.
4) Improve Insulin Sensitivity: The flavonols present in organic raw cacao nibs may play an important role in lowering diabetic risk. Researchers at Tufts University and the University of L’Aquilla found that flavonol-rich cacao reduced blood pressure, regulated blood glucose levels, and increased the function of cells that produce insulin.
5) Lift Your Mood: If you're feeling a little down, a serving of raw cacao nibs can act as a powerful mood-enhancer. Cacao is packed with compounds that increase levels of endorphins and serotonin in our brain; these are the chemicals that cheer us up, reduce anxiety, and give us a general sense of well-being.
6) Promote General Health: Research suggests that consuming flavonoid-rich foods like organic cacao nibs can reduce the risk for cardiovascular disease, cancer, and other chronic conditions. A study led by Harvard Medical School researchers looked at the effects of cacao consumption on the island-dwelling Kuna people, who consumed cacao as part of their regular diet. They found that the Kuna people had a significantly lower incidence of cardiovascular disease and cancer than people living on the mainland who did not drink cacao.
Five Delightful Uses of Cacao Nibs
1) Right out of the bag: Enjoy them straight or accompanied by your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
2) Trail mix: Make a trail mix by mixing a handful of organic cacao nibs with nuts and dried fruit.
3) Smoothies: Grind a tablespoon of cacao nibs and then blend them into a fruit smoothie for a unique chocolate kick.
4) Breakfast foods: Incorporate a spoonful of organic cacao nibs into your morning cereal or oatmeal for an antioxidant boost.
5) Baked goods: Substitute part chocolate chips for cocoa nibs in baked goods like brownies or muffins to add a deep chocolate richness.
Also referred to as: raw cocoa nibs, organic cocoa nibs
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
veronica, Boca Raton, FL July 11, 2014
“Simply delish! Everything on my order was outstanding!”
carlos, Sonoma, Ca. June 25, 2014
“Great service. We just received our order. Looking forward to our new experience with Nuts.com.
Susan, Pittsburgh, PA June 23, 2014
“Thank you for your prompt order and also the extra golden flax seed tester.
The Lord bless you!”
Pamela, Florida, FL June 12, 2014
“Everything arrived here today intact, so far I have tried the organic Goji berries, and Organic Cacao Nibs , the Organic energy bites all of the various ones I ordered ( I ordered 4 different ones ) they are fantastic, I made a batch of the Organic Red Quinoa for dinner it was wonderful, Had some of the Organic pumpkin seeds and Organic Hemp seeds in an afternoon smoothie it is all wonderful! Thank you! I have lots more too try , and I am sure it will be wonderful too.”
Nora, Chester, NJ June 4, 2014
“The cacao nibs are exactly what I was hoping for. I've never had cacao nibs before and I am so pleased with the flavor of these.”
Treasure, Wichita, KS May 23, 2014
“Thank you fir my order..I use a nutriblast so I needed all these ingredients to add to my shakes! I am glad I chose your website. Thanks!”
Susan, Assonet, MA May 15, 2014
“It's a regular on my list. I love it pulverized in my bullet and then added to a smoothie. I just discovered that it's pretty tasty when stirred into yoghurt too. Yum”
Darlene, Wantage, NJ May 15, 2014
“Love It and the fact it was packaged so well and delivery sooo fast......you guys blew me away! I'll be back!!!!!!”
marijana, manchester, nh April 22, 2014
“This is heavenly goodness in each bite as always and i know that i couldn't be disappointed. Thank you for the free bag of yogurt pretzels they are so delicious . I tried cocoa nibs and I never tasted anything like that before at the beginning they are kinda cool and after kinda warm... love them .And lollipops ,energy squares and fruit slices yummy ........Thank you for everything i'll be back soon :)”
Kimberly, Lubbock, Texas April 16, 2014
“I have been very happy with every order I have placed with nuts.com. I just ordered the whole wheat fig bars for the first time and I was very surprised how awesome they tasted. Way better than anything at the grocery store! I also buy my cacao nibs and chia seeds here. Oh, don't forget the dried strawberries! Tastes like candy!!!!”
Showing 21-30 of 187
Mary, Cleveland, OH September 22, 2014
“good taste different.”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||138|
Organic cacao nibs
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: Ecuador
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|