Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Nibs (Raw)
Organic Cacao Nibs are a real chocolate treat. Made from crushed cacao beans, these raw nibs are the original unsweetened chocolate chip. Our raw cacao nibs are crunchy, flavorful, and packed with powerful nutrients, antioxidants, and natural mood lifters. Try them straight, or sweeten with bananas and dates for a healthy chocolate treat. Perfect for mixing into smoothies or trail mixes. The possibilities are endless for this crunchy antioxidant pick-me-up.
What are Cacao Nibs?
Cacao nibs are simply chocolate in its purest form, before anything else is added. They are dried and fermented bits of cacao beans. The texture of our raw organic cacao nibs is similar to that of roasted coffee beans. They have a deep chocolate flavor which can be described as slightly bitter and nutty. Raw cacao nibs are the less processed version of chocolate with no unhealthy additives, so they preserve all the nutrients of the natural cacao bean. Cacao nibs are an excellent source of antioxidants, fiber, iron and magnesium. These crunchy cacao bits are often used to play up the chocolate flavor in sweets and other dishes.
Organic Cacao Nibs: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut loves raw cacao nibs because they are made from 100% cacao, and they have 0 grams of sugar and 5 grams of fiber in a serving! The antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate come from cacao, too. Typically chocolate bars contain a percentage of cacao, some as little as 10%. By choosing raw cacao nibs, you incorporate 100% cacao into your diet.
Try adding cacao nibs into trail mix or quick breads for a chocolate taste. For a refreshing, antioxidant blast, blend a frozen banana, a splash of low fat or almond milk, and a tablespoon of cacao.
Health Benefits of Cacao Nibs:
1) Nutritional Powerhouse: Chocolate lovers, rejoice! Raw organic cacao nibs are an excellent source of fiber and iron. A single one-ounce serving of cacao nibs provides 18% of the DV for fiber and 21% of the DV for iron. They are also chock-full of protective antioxidants and magnesium. In fact, raw cacao nibs are one of the best food sources of magnesium: an essential mineral involved in over 300 chemical reactions in our body, from nerve function to bone health.
2) Brain Food: A study led by researchers at the Northumbria University in England examined the effects of cacao consumption on cognitive activity. Subjects who consumed a cacao drink before performing mathematical calculations completed them more quickly and accurately than the control group that received no cacao. The lead professor of the study suggested that the high polyphenol content of cacao may be protective against declining cognitive function. Organic cacao nibs are one smart snack!
3) Stabilize Blood Sugar: Studies from universities throughout the United States have demonstrated that eating unprocessed cacao can support the cardiovascular system and reduce blood pressure. One such study by the University of Utah found that healthy patients who consumed unprocessed cacao experienced a decrease in systolic and diastolic blood pressure by 5mm within two weeks.
4) Improve Insulin Sensitivity: The flavonols present in organic raw cacao nibs may play an important role in lowering diabetic risk. Researchers at Tufts University and the University of L’Aquilla found that flavonol-rich cacao reduced blood pressure, regulated blood glucose levels, and increased the function of cells that produce insulin.
5) Lift Your Mood: If you're feeling a little down, a serving of raw cacao nibs can act as a powerful mood-enhancer. Cacao is packed with compounds that increase levels of endorphins and serotonin in our brain; these are the chemicals that cheer us up, reduce anxiety, and give us a general sense of well-being.
6) Promote General Health: Research suggests that consuming flavonoid-rich foods like organic cacao nibs can reduce the risk for cardiovascular disease, cancer, and other chronic conditions. A study led by Harvard Medical School researchers looked at the effects of cacao consumption on the island-dwelling Kuna people, who consumed cacao as part of their regular diet. They found that the Kuna people had a significantly lower incidence of cardiovascular disease and cancer than people living on the mainland who did not drink cacao.
Five Delightful Uses of Cacao Nibs
1) Right out of the bag: Enjoy them straight or accompanied by your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
2) Trail mix: Make a trail mix by mixing a handful of organic cacao nibs with nuts and dried fruit.
3) Smoothies: Grind a tablespoon of cacao nibs and then blend them into a fruit smoothie for a unique chocolate kick.
4) Breakfast foods: Incorporate a spoonful of organic cacao nibs into your morning cereal or oatmeal for an antioxidant boost.
5) Baked goods: Substitute part chocolate chips for cocoa nibs in baked goods like brownies or muffins to add a deep chocolate richness.
Also referred to as: raw cocoa nibs, organic cocoa nibs
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Rich Burk, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida March 5, 2009
“Wow, the best Cacao nibs I have ever tasted and super fast shipping with fantastic and jovial communication. ”
Kevin, Hurst, Tx March 3, 2009
“The cacao nibs I received are extremely delicious. I am very happy with the quality.”
debbie, Sonora, Ca February 16, 2009
“Our daughter is doing a science project on chocolate and thought the nibs would be a good example of the cocao before all the sugar is added. We tried the nibs and now I can't go thru the day without having a handful of them to much on! Its a good thing we ordered 2 lbs, one for her project and one for us! ”
teresa, mebane, nc January 27, 2009
“Nutty Teresa here jumping for joy over the cocoa nibs I ordered from you- Great service and great product- Thanks!”
mike, jacksonville, fl January 9, 2009
“nice!! this is my fourth order in a little over a month. first started with cacao nibs!! excellent!! awesome mood lifter. healthiest anti oxidant out there!! hooked on the rice crackers, the virginia unsalted peanuts and the shelled unsalted sunflower seeds. what a great snacking food!! and both peanuts and sunflowers seeds high in the poly and mono unsat fats and protein. u can count on my orders coming in. thx for the variety. hooked on nutsonline!! ”
Shirlea, Jamestown, NY December 4, 2008
“To the Nuts,
Wow!!Are you guys fast!!Haven't tasted all the stuff yet, but those cocoa nibs are wonderful. If you love dark chocolate..the darker the better..you're sure to love these.”
Kathy, Houston, TX December 3, 2008
“Ordered from nutsonline for the first time last week and got my order yesterday! The nibs are great and the strawberries (dipped in nibs) are to die for. Mango and pineapple also yummy. Will definitely be ordering here again! Also took advantage of your gift boxes to our service men and women. Thanks for offering such a wonderful service!!!
Carol Reese, Kingston, NY December 3, 2008
“WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are FAST! nifty.
I like the nibs too!! Also nifty.”
ellen, dubois, pa November 20, 2008
“I received my cacao nibs yesterday and today I enjoyed my high antioxidant high fiber great tasting and fun cacao raisin oatmeal breakfast. Thanks for bringing fresh and unique products to the marketplace for the discerning consumer.”
Georgianna, Naples, FL November 14, 2008
“Ordered nibs on Tuesday, received them on Friday. Now that's what I call service! You're awesome. Thanks!
Showing 161-170 of 187
Mary, Cleveland, OH September 22, 2014
“good taste different.”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||138|
Organic cacao nibs
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: Ecuador
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|