Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Nibs (Raw)
Organic Cacao Nibs are a real chocolate treat. Made from crushed cacao beans, these raw nibs are the original unsweetened chocolate chip. Our raw cacao nibs are crunchy, flavorful, and packed with powerful nutrients, antioxidants, and natural mood lifters. Try them straight, or sweeten with bananas and dates for a healthy chocolate treat. Perfect for mixing into smoothies or trail mixes. The possibilities are endless for this crunchy antioxidant pick-me-up.
What are Cacao Nibs?
Cacao nibs are simply chocolate in its purest form, before anything else is added. They are dried and fermented bits of cacao beans. The texture of our raw organic cacao nibs is similar to that of roasted coffee beans. They have a deep chocolate flavor which can be described as slightly bitter and nutty. Raw cacao nibs are the less processed version of chocolate with no unhealthy additives, so they preserve all the nutrients of the natural cacao bean. Cacao nibs are an excellent source of antioxidants, fiber, iron and magnesium. These crunchy cacao bits are often used to play up the chocolate flavor in sweets and other dishes.
Organic Cacao Nibs: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut loves raw cacao nibs because they are made from 100% cacao, and they have 0 grams of sugar and 5 grams of fiber in a serving! The antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate come from cacao, too. Typically chocolate bars contain a percentage of cacao, some as little as 10%. By choosing raw cacao nibs, you incorporate 100% cacao into your diet.
Try adding cacao nibs into trail mix or quick breads for a chocolate taste. For a refreshing, antioxidant blast, blend a frozen banana, a splash of low fat or almond milk, and a tablespoon of cacao.
Health Benefits of Cacao Nibs:
1) Nutritional Powerhouse: Chocolate lovers, rejoice! Raw organic cacao nibs are an excellent source of fiber and iron. A single one-ounce serving of cacao nibs provides 18% of the DV for fiber and 21% of the DV for iron. They are also chock-full of protective antioxidants and magnesium. In fact, raw cacao nibs are one of the best food sources of magnesium: an essential mineral involved in over 300 chemical reactions in our body, from nerve function to bone health.
2) Brain Food: A study led by researchers at the Northumbria University in England examined the effects of cacao consumption on cognitive activity. Subjects who consumed a cacao drink before performing mathematical calculations completed them more quickly and accurately than the control group that received no cacao. The lead professor of the study suggested that the high polyphenol content of cacao may be protective against declining cognitive function. Organic cacao nibs are one smart snack!
3) Stabilize Blood Sugar: Studies from universities throughout the United States have demonstrated that eating unprocessed cacao can support the cardiovascular system and reduce blood pressure. One such study by the University of Utah found that healthy patients who consumed unprocessed cacao experienced a decrease in systolic and diastolic blood pressure by 5mm within two weeks.
4) Improve Insulin Sensitivity: The flavonols present in organic raw cacao nibs may play an important role in lowering diabetic risk. Researchers at Tufts University and the University of L’Aquilla found that flavonol-rich cacao reduced blood pressure, regulated blood glucose levels, and increased the function of cells that produce insulin.
5) Lift Your Mood: If you're feeling a little down, a serving of raw cacao nibs can act as a powerful mood-enhancer. Cacao is packed with compounds that increase levels of endorphins and serotonin in our brain; these are the chemicals that cheer us up, reduce anxiety, and give us a general sense of well-being.
6) Promote General Health: Research suggests that consuming flavonoid-rich foods like organic cacao nibs can reduce the risk for cardiovascular disease, cancer, and other chronic conditions. A study led by Harvard Medical School researchers looked at the effects of cacao consumption on the island-dwelling Kuna people, who consumed cacao as part of their regular diet. They found that the Kuna people had a significantly lower incidence of cardiovascular disease and cancer than people living on the mainland who did not drink cacao.
Five Delightful Uses of Cacao Nibs
1) Right out of the bag: Enjoy them straight or accompanied by your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
2) Trail mix: Make a trail mix by mixing a handful of organic cacao nibs with nuts and dried fruit.
3) Smoothies: Grind a tablespoon of cacao nibs and then blend them into a fruit smoothie for a unique chocolate kick.
4) Breakfast foods: Incorporate a spoonful of organic cacao nibs into your morning cereal or oatmeal for an antioxidant boost.
5) Baked goods: Substitute part chocolate chips for cocoa nibs in baked goods like brownies or muffins to add a deep chocolate richness.
Also referred to as: raw cocoa nibs, organic cocoa nibs
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Michael, Olympia, Washington October 3, 2009
“I ordered 2 lbs. of gogi berries and 2 lbs. of cacao nibs and am finding many different ways to use them. The shipping was fast, the quality of the products is great, and even your emails are totally nuts! I'm going to tell all my friends about your great products. Thank you for helping to rid carbon-based life forms all over the world of free radicals through your nutritious and delicious products! ”
Crystal, Ormstown, Qc September 24, 2009
“Just wanted to say our that the cocoa nibs arrived quickly, in great shape, and your sense of humor with all the notices made me feel like we are still living in a world where people like what they do and the customers they serve. Thanks keep up the good work!”
ewa, newbury, VT September 19, 2009
“I saw Fedex man coming up the hill - wait, I just placed an order day before yesterday>
Could it be the Nut People?
Yes, I got my stuff!
Yummy stuff, great prices and what a service!
barry, phila, pa September 2, 2009
“I received my cocao nibs today,I put some in my magic bullet blender with some agave nectar to sweeten it up,it came out in a puddy like paste of which i rolled it into a ball, then i flattened it out and cut out strips of it.”
Nutty Jerome =), Hammond, IN. July 8, 2009
“I have to say I am pleased with my order, not only was it the best deal on the market but I received my order in a timely fashion. I am so pleased with NutsOnline, thank you very very much and I look forward to ordering from you again.
Nutty Jerome =)”
Teala, Durham, NC June 20, 2009
“The raw cocoa nibs are very fresh. I recommend them. I make raw nut/cocoa nib "truffle" balls with them - they rock!”
joan, nine mile falls, wa April 21, 2009
“the organic chocolate covered cacao nibs are to die for! The raw organic nibs are my favorite though.
Thanks for the fast delivery. I will order again soon. ”
Rich Burk, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida March 5, 2009
“Wow, the best Cacao nibs I have ever tasted and super fast shipping with fantastic and jovial communication. ”
Kevin, Hurst, Tx March 3, 2009
“The cacao nibs I received are extremely delicious. I am very happy with the quality.”
debbie, Sonora, Ca February 16, 2009
“Our daughter is doing a science project on chocolate and thought the nibs would be a good example of the cocao before all the sugar is added. We tried the nibs and now I can't go thru the day without having a handful of them to much on! Its a good thing we ordered 2 lbs, one for her project and one for us! ”
Showing 161-170 of 194
David, Stamford, CT October 14, 2014
“Boy, do these smell great. Better than most brands”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||138|
Organic cacao nibs
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: Ecuador
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|