Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Nibs (Raw)
Organic Cacao Nibs are a real chocolate treat. Made from crushed cacao beans, these raw nibs are the original unsweetened chocolate chip. Organic cocoa nibs are crunchy, flavorful, and packed with powerful nutrients, antioxidants, and natural mood lifters. Try them straight, or sweeten with bananas and dates for a truly healthy chocolate. Perfect for mixing into smoothies or trail mixes. The possibilities are endless for this crunchy antioxidant pick me up.
Cacao Nibs: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut loves Raw Cacao Nibs because they are made from 100% cacao, and they have 0 grams of sugar and 5 grams of fiber in a serving! The antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate come from cacao, too. Typically chocolate bars contain a percentage of cacao, some as little as 10%. By choosing raw cacao nibs, you incorporate 100% cacao into your diet.
Try adding cacao nibs into trail mix or quick breads for a chocolate taste. For a refreshing, antioxidant blast, blend a frozen banana, a splash of low fat or almond milk, and a tablespoon of cacao.
Health Benefits of Cacao:
1) Brain Food: A study led by researchers at the Northumbria University in England examined the effects of cacao consumption on cognitive activity. Subjects who consumed a cacao drink before performing mathematical calculations completed them more quickly and accurately than the control group that received no cacao. The lead professor of the study suggested that the high polyphenol content of cacao may be protective against declining cognitive function.
2) Lower Blood Pressure: Studies from universities throughout the United States have demonstrated that eating unprocessed cacao can support the cardiovascular system and reduce blood pressure. One such study by the University of Utah found that healthy patients who consumed unprocessed cacao experienced a decrease in systolic and diastolic blood pressure by 5mm within two weeks.
3) Improve Insulin Sensitivity: The flavonols present in organic raw cacao nibs may play an important role in lowering diabetic risk. Researchers at Tufts University and the University of L’Aquilla found that flavonol-rich cacao reduced blood pressure, regulated blood glucose levels, and increased the function of cells that produce insulin.
4) Lift Your Mood: Feeling a little blue? A serving of raw cacao nibs can act as a powerful mood-enhancer. Cacao is packed with compounds that increase levels of endorphins and serotonin in our brain; these are the chemicals that cheer us up, reduce anxiety, and give us a general sense of well-being.
Five Delightful Uses of Cacao Nibs
1) Enjoy them straight or accompanied by your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
2) Make a trail mix by mixing a handful of organic cacao nibs with nuts and dried fruit.
3) Grind a tablespoon of cacao nibs and then blend them into a fruit smoothie for a unique chocolate kick.
4) Incorporate a spoonful of organic cacao nibs into your morning cereal or oatmeal for an antioxidant boost.
5) Substitute part chocolate chips for cocoa nibs in baked goods like brownies or muffins to add a deep chocolate richness.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Melissa and Tom, Jupiter, FL September 5, 2008
“We ordered the Cacao Nibs and Maca powder and were so pleased with the items and the service, that we turned right around and ordered Organic Goji berries, raw org.almonds, org.banana chips and flax seeds the next day. Why didn't we find you before? Please don't change! You are THE BEST! We can honestly say we are pleased with all aspects of our orders - tasty organic items, great prices, fast shipping and really great customer service.Thanks again!”
Robert, Delaware September 2, 2008
“As usual, everything is good-- But I must tell you that the organic cacao nibs are in the fabulous range- They will be in my yogurt in the morning.”
Sherry August 27, 2008
“Ok. I read all the testimonials before I ordered (assuming at least 1/2 were made up). I expected to be merely satisfied with my purchase or, in the worst case, scrambling to find someone who'd eat what I bought so I didn't have to throw it away. I'm not actually a cynic, but I lean toward skepticism. I ordered dried strawberries as a taste experiment. I didn't expect to love or hate them, I'm not a sweet-lover or a strawberry-lover, but I was intrigued. They are really, really (not just really) good. I ordered chocolate-covered sunflower seeds. Sunflower seeds are among my favorite snacks. Chocolate isn't. I thought they'd be a novelty for the office. They are terrific - better than anyone who likes sunflower seeds would expect. And, they even won over a few picky eaters who couldn't pass them up because they're just so darned cute. Now, they're pretty sure they're hooked. I may have to place a new order sooner than I'd expected. I ordered the cacoa nibs. I've had them elsewhere and appreciate their healthy properties. Cost, taste, condition - nuts online scored, again. I've found my new source! I ordered candy pebbles - another office novelty. Since we just got everything, today, we're a little slow on trying EVERY flavor, but they are not only fun - they are very tasty. I can't wait to put them out for a meeting or celebration! Finally, I came to nuts online looking for fried green peas. I'd recently purchased some, elsewhere, and became "addicted" and wanted a reliable source for them. Not only did I get tons more (well, not literally tons, but lots more) from nuts online for the price I paid elsewhere, the peas from nuts online are super fresh - they're frankly even better than I thought they could be (I mean, I didn't know what I'd had wasn't fresh, until I had fresh!). So...from someone who doesn't hesitate to say thanks, but isn't often really impressed...THANKS! I've already forwarded the link to the site to friends and family, but I'll now have to follow up with a testimonial to be sure they stop by! I know I'll be back, soon.”
Jessica, West NY, NJ August 14, 2008
“The cacao nibs are packaged nicely and taste good. I grinded them and added agave to it making them tasty.”
Rainer, Port Washington, NY August 11, 2008
“Wow - what a nice mail which make it very easy to leave a testimonial!
We ordered the very first time from you and we will do so more often. The service has been very prompt - the shipping was very fast and the products are just soooo delicious. We ordered the cocoa nibs and cocoa beans - wow - it tastes just sooo delicious and it is healthy, too!
Thanks for making my day even happier with your healthy and delicious products!”
Stacy, Bonita, CA June 6, 2008
“The nuts came today!! All are honestly better than I expected. The macadamia nuts were awesome and didn't have that rancid oil taste to them that even the health food stores have. I loved the raw whole cacao beans-never had one before and loved the outer, delicate shell. The raw cacao nibs were excellent as well and I make a smoothie with the Chia seeds. Sooo,
I'm set and lovin it! Thanks so much.
I'm looking forward to the extra antioxidant benefits from everything I ordered.
Showing 151-160 of 157
Kimberly, Lubbock, Texas April 16, 2014
“I have been very happy with every order I have placed with nuts.com. I just ordered the whole wheat fig bars for the first time and I was very surprised how awesome they tasted. Way better than anything at the grocery store! I also buy my cacao nibs and chia seeds here. Oh, don't forget the dried strawberries! Tastes like candy!!!!”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||138|
Organic cacao nibs
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool, dry place for 1-3 months if un-refrigerated. If refrigerated, shelf life is up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: Ecuador
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|