Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Nibs (Raw)
Organic Cacao Nibs are a real chocolate treat. Made from crushed cacao beans, these raw nibs are the original unsweetened chocolate chip. Organic cocoa nibs are crunchy, flavorful, and packed with powerful nutrients, antioxidants, and natural mood lifters. Try them straight, or sweeten with bananas and dates for a truly healthy chocolate. Perfect for mixing into smoothies or trail mixes. The possibilities are endless for this crunchy antioxidant pick me up.
Cacao Nibs: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut loves Raw Cacao Nibs because they are made from 100% cacao, and they have 0 grams of sugar and 5 grams of fiber in a serving! The antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate come from cacao, too. Typically chocolate bars contain a percentage of cacao, some as little as 10%. By choosing raw cacao nibs, you incorporate 100% cacao into your diet.
Try adding cacao nibs into trail mix or quick breads for a chocolate taste. For a refreshing, antioxidant blast, blend a frozen banana, a splash of low fat or almond milk, and a tablespoon of cacao.
Health Benefits of Cacao:
1) Brain Food: A study led by researchers at the Northumbria University in England examined the effects of cacao consumption on cognitive activity. Subjects who consumed a cacao drink before performing mathematical calculations completed them more quickly and accurately than the control group that received no cacao. The lead professor of the study suggested that the high polyphenol content of cacao may be protective against declining cognitive function.
2) Lower Blood Pressure: Studies from universities throughout the United States have demonstrated that eating unprocessed cacao can support the cardiovascular system and reduce blood pressure. One such study by the University of Utah found that healthy patients who consumed unprocessed cacao experienced a decrease in systolic and diastolic blood pressure by 5mm within two weeks.
3) Improve Insulin Sensitivity: The flavonols present in organic raw cacao nibs may play an important role in lowering diabetic risk. Researchers at Tufts University and the University of L’Aquilla found that flavonol-rich cacao reduced blood pressure, regulated blood glucose levels, and increased the function of cells that produce insulin.
4) Lift Your Mood: Feeling a little blue? A serving of raw cacao nibs can act as a powerful mood-enhancer. Cacao is packed with compounds that increase levels of endorphins and serotonin in our brain; these are the chemicals that cheer us up, reduce anxiety, and give us a general sense of well-being.
Five Delightful Uses of Cacao Nibs
1) Enjoy them straight or accompanied by your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
2) Make a trail mix by mixing a handful of organic cacao nibs with nuts and dried fruit.
3) Grind a tablespoon of cacao nibs and then blend them into a fruit smoothie for a unique chocolate kick.
4) Incorporate a spoonful of organic cacao nibs into your morning cereal or oatmeal for an antioxidant boost.
5) Substitute part chocolate chips for cocoa nibs in baked goods like brownies or muffins to add a deep chocolate richness.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Cheryll, Antioch, IL November 12, 2008
“I'm impressed by how speedy my order arrived. Cacao nibs are delicious and will be great in snack mixes. Nuts are fresh and yummy and I love the freeze dried strawberries and blackberries. I'm very happy with my order and will definitely purchase often.”
christy, lawrence, KS October 22, 2008
“Hey, Thanks a million nutsonline. The pine nuts and cocoa nibs I ordered at the end of last week arrived already (it's Wednesday), thanks for shipping them so quickly. I have a couple of metabolic disorders and am on a restricted diet, so I rely on pine nuts for some protein in the morning. I'm a runner and every day is a challenge as far as maintaining energy and feeling well enough to get out there. The cocoa nibs are great”
joseph, venice, ca October 17, 2008
“these cacao nibs pack one big punch... thanks”
Igor, Los Angeles October 11, 2008
“The product is excellent - fresh, tasty cacao nibs and whole nuts, extremely fresh walnuts. Lightning fast delivery.
Will buy from you again!!!!!
Noah, Durham, NC October 9, 2008
“delicious raw cocoa nibs, perfectly fresh, and arrived on time. i am very happy with your service and will almost definitely use it again.”
skye, Rockville, MD October 7, 2008
“i ordered cocoa nibs (divine!), roasted unsalted almonds (so crunch and fresh tasting, i didn't realize they could be so delicious), and chia seeds. shipping couldn't be faster and i'm very impressed with the products. thank you!”
Cheri September 27, 2008
“I'll never eat another Hershey bar again!! The Cacao nibs are the best!!”
Doug, Lancaste, California September 23, 2008
“Cacao Nibs I got from Nutsonline are really the best. Now this is how chocolate should taste and it is so good for you too. Just do a search on Google on it and see for yourself. I know when I have this it is so good and I feel its effects right away too. Try it you will just love this stuff.”
Suzanne, sonoma, CA September 10, 2008
“Are you nuts??!! Of course I got my delivery and am thrilled with the cocoa nibs. Thanks so much!!”
Kelley, Normal, IL September 6, 2008
“This was my first order from NutsOnline and I ordered 13 lbs of goodies! The shipping was very fast and everything is delicious! I ordered a variety of nuts, cacao nibs, sun-dried tomatoes, veggie chips, dried fruit, and some of the health mix trail mix and it is all absolutely delicious! I was excited to see the variety of organic products and amazed at the prices! The goji berries and cacao nibs make a great snack and the veggie chips are awesome! Thanks!”
Showing 141-150 of 157
Kimberly, Lubbock, Texas April 16, 2014
“I have been very happy with every order I have placed with nuts.com. I just ordered the whole wheat fig bars for the first time and I was very surprised how awesome they tasted. Way better than anything at the grocery store! I also buy my cacao nibs and chia seeds here. Oh, don't forget the dried strawberries! Tastes like candy!!!!”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||138|
Organic cacao nibs
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool, dry place for 1-3 months if un-refrigerated. If refrigerated, shelf life is up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: Ecuador
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|