Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Nibs (Raw)
Organic Cacao Nibs are a real chocolate treat. Made from crushed cacao beans, these raw nibs are the original unsweetened chocolate chip. Organic cocoa nibs are crunchy, flavorful, and packed with powerful nutrients, antioxidants, and natural mood lifters. Try them straight, or sweeten with bananas and dates for a truly healthy chocolate. Perfect for mixing into smoothies or trail mixes. The possibilities are endless for this crunchy antioxidant pick me up.
Cacao Nibs: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut loves Raw Cacao Nibs because they are made from 100% cacao, and they have 0 grams of sugar and 5 grams of fiber in a serving! The antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate come from cacao, too. Typically chocolate bars contain a percentage of cacao, some as little as 10%. By choosing raw cacao nibs, you incorporate 100% cacao into your diet.
Try adding cacao nibs into trail mix or quick breads for a chocolate taste. For a refreshing, antioxidant blast, blend a frozen banana, a splash of low fat or almond milk, and a tablespoon of cacao.
Health Benefits of Cacao:
1) Brain Food: A study led by researchers at the Northumbria University in England examined the effects of cacao consumption on cognitive activity. Subjects who consumed a cacao drink before performing mathematical calculations completed them more quickly and accurately than the control group that received no cacao. The lead professor of the study suggested that the high polyphenol content of cacao may be protective against declining cognitive function.
2) Lower Blood Pressure: Studies from universities throughout the United States have demonstrated that eating unprocessed cacao can support the cardiovascular system and reduce blood pressure. One such study by the University of Utah found that healthy patients who consumed unprocessed cacao experienced a decrease in systolic and diastolic blood pressure by 5mm within two weeks.
3) Improve Insulin Sensitivity: The flavonols present in organic raw cacao nibs may play an important role in lowering diabetic risk. Researchers at Tufts University and the University of L’Aquilla found that flavonol-rich cacao reduced blood pressure, regulated blood glucose levels, and increased the function of cells that produce insulin.
4) Lift Your Mood: Feeling a little blue? A serving of raw cacao nibs can act as a powerful mood-enhancer. Cacao is packed with compounds that increase levels of endorphins and serotonin in our brain; these are the chemicals that cheer us up, reduce anxiety, and give us a general sense of well-being.
Five Delightful Uses of Cacao Nibs
1) Enjoy them straight or accompanied by your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
2) Make a trail mix by mixing a handful of organic cacao nibs with nuts and dried fruit.
3) Grind a tablespoon of cacao nibs and then blend them into a fruit smoothie for a unique chocolate kick.
4) Incorporate a spoonful of organic cacao nibs into your morning cereal or oatmeal for an antioxidant boost.
5) Substitute part chocolate chips for cocoa nibs in baked goods like brownies or muffins to add a deep chocolate richness.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Nutty Jerome =), Hammond, IN. July 8, 2009
“I have to say I am pleased with my order, not only was it the best deal on the market but I received my order in a timely fashion. I am so pleased with NutsOnline, thank you very very much and I look forward to ordering from you again.
Nutty Jerome =)”
Teala, Durham, NC June 20, 2009
“The raw cocoa nibs are very fresh. I recommend them. I make raw nut/cocoa nib "truffle" balls with them - they rock!”
joan, nine mile falls, wa April 21, 2009
“the organic chocolate covered cacao nibs are to die for! The raw organic nibs are my favorite though.
Thanks for the fast delivery. I will order again soon. ”
Rich Burk, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida March 5, 2009
“Wow, the best Cacao nibs I have ever tasted and super fast shipping with fantastic and jovial communication. ”
Kevin, Hurst, Tx March 3, 2009
“The cacao nibs I received are extremely delicious. I am very happy with the quality.”
debbie, Sonora, Ca February 16, 2009
“Our daughter is doing a science project on chocolate and thought the nibs would be a good example of the cocao before all the sugar is added. We tried the nibs and now I can't go thru the day without having a handful of them to much on! Its a good thing we ordered 2 lbs, one for her project and one for us! ”
teresa, mebane, nc January 27, 2009
“Nutty Teresa here jumping for joy over the cocoa nibs I ordered from you- Great service and great product- Thanks!”
mike, jacksonville, fl January 9, 2009
“nice!! this is my fourth order in a little over a month. first started with cacao nibs!! excellent!! awesome mood lifter. healthiest anti oxidant out there!! hooked on the rice crackers, the virginia unsalted peanuts and the shelled unsalted sunflower seeds. what a great snacking food!! and both peanuts and sunflowers seeds high in the poly and mono unsat fats and protein. u can count on my orders coming in. thx for the variety. hooked on nutsonline!! ”
Shirlea, Jamestown, NY December 4, 2008
“To the Nuts,
Wow!!Are you guys fast!!Haven't tasted all the stuff yet, but those cocoa nibs are wonderful. If you love dark chocolate..the darker the better..you're sure to love these.”
Kathy, Houston, TX December 3, 2008
“Ordered from nutsonline for the first time last week and got my order yesterday! The nibs are great and the strawberries (dipped in nibs) are to die for. Mango and pineapple also yummy. Will definitely be ordering here again! Also took advantage of your gift boxes to our service men and women. Thanks for offering such a wonderful service!!!
Showing 131-140 of 160
carlos, Sonoma, Ca. June 25, 2014
“Great service. We just received our order. Looking forward to our new experience with Nuts.com.
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||138|
Organic cacao nibs
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: Ecuador
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|