Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Nibs (Raw)
Organic Cacao Nibs are a real chocolate treat. Made from crushed cacao beans, these raw nibs are the original unsweetened chocolate chip. Organic cocoa nibs are crunchy, flavorful, and packed with powerful nutrients, antioxidants, and natural mood lifters. Try them straight, or sweeten with bananas and dates for a truly healthy chocolate. Perfect for mixing into smoothies or trail mixes. The possibilities are endless for this crunchy antioxidant pick me up.
Cacao Nibs: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut loves Raw Cacao Nibs because they are made from 100% cacao, and they have 0 grams of sugar and 5 grams of fiber in a serving! The antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate come from cacao, too. Typically chocolate bars contain a percentage of cacao, some as little as 10%. By choosing raw cacao nibs, you incorporate 100% cacao into your diet.
Try adding cacao nibs into trail mix or quick breads for a chocolate taste. For a refreshing, antioxidant blast, blend a frozen banana, a splash of low fat or almond milk, and a tablespoon of cacao.
Health Benefits of Cacao:
1) Brain Food: A study led by researchers at the Northumbria University in England examined the effects of cacao consumption on cognitive activity. Subjects who consumed a cacao drink before performing mathematical calculations completed them more quickly and accurately than the control group that received no cacao. The lead professor of the study suggested that the high polyphenol content of cacao may be protective against declining cognitive function.
2) Lower Blood Pressure: Studies from universities throughout the United States have demonstrated that eating unprocessed cacao can support the cardiovascular system and reduce blood pressure. One such study by the University of Utah found that healthy patients who consumed unprocessed cacao experienced a decrease in systolic and diastolic blood pressure by 5mm within two weeks.
3) Improve Insulin Sensitivity: The flavonols present in organic raw cacao nibs may play an important role in lowering diabetic risk. Researchers at Tufts University and the University of L’Aquilla found that flavonol-rich cacao reduced blood pressure, regulated blood glucose levels, and increased the function of cells that produce insulin.
4) Lift Your Mood: Feeling a little blue? A serving of raw cacao nibs can act as a powerful mood-enhancer. Cacao is packed with compounds that increase levels of endorphins and serotonin in our brain; these are the chemicals that cheer us up, reduce anxiety, and give us a general sense of well-being.
Five Delightful Uses of Cacao Nibs
1) Enjoy them straight or accompanied by your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
2) Make a trail mix by mixing a handful of organic cacao nibs with nuts and dried fruit.
3) Grind a tablespoon of cacao nibs and then blend them into a fruit smoothie for a unique chocolate kick.
4) Incorporate a spoonful of organic cacao nibs into your morning cereal or oatmeal for an antioxidant boost.
5) Substitute part chocolate chips for cocoa nibs in baked goods like brownies or muffins to add a deep chocolate richness.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Margaret, Cordova, TN August 13, 2014
“Fast delivery, delivered earlier than predicted. Gorgeous, delicious product and a little goodie in the bag also! Nuts.com will be my new go-to for sure!”
Susan, Wilmington, DE August 13, 2014
“I order these often and put them in my homemade granola bars. They really bring out the flavor in the bars. Amazing to put in an order one day and there they are on your doorstep the next! What a great company! I tell everyone about Nuts.com!!”
Laura, Medina, OH August 8, 2014
“Nuts Online has the best cacao nibs! They are chunky and have great chocolate flavor. Other brands taste bland compared to these. That's why I always buy mine from Nuts Online. Plus they have great turnaround time - we usually get our package before the promised delivery date. Love you guys!”
Larry, Trussville, AL August 5, 2014
“The nibs make the cereal more than just a bowl of cereal in the morning.”
Teri, Redondo Beach, CA July 31, 2014
“I love these nibs. I grind a few of them with my organic Sumatra coffee with a dash of cinnamon. Best cup of coffee ever!”
Caroline, Chandler, AZ July 26, 2014
“Exactly what I was looking for, perfect in trail mix.”
Linda, Lebanon, TN July 23, 2014
“Yummmm!! Rich chocolaty goodness. Crisp and fresh, these will make a perfect addition to my granola and trail mix.”
Glen, Wagoner, OK July 13, 2014
“These cacao nibs are the best quality I have ever had.”
Christina, Woolwich Township, NJ July 11, 2014
“Great for Smoothies.”
veronica, Boca Raton, FL July 11, 2014
“Simply delish! Everything on my order was outstanding!”
Showing 1-10 of 176
melorie, Covington, GA August 22, 2014
“Yum. Good deal.”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||138|
Organic cacao nibs
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: Ecuador
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|