Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Cacao Nibs (Raw)
Organic Cacao Nibs are a real chocolate treat. Made from crushed cacao beans, these raw nibs are the original unsweetened chocolate chip. Organic cocoa nibs are crunchy, flavorful, and packed with powerful nutrients, antioxidants, and natural mood lifters. Try them straight, or sweeten with bananas and dates for a truly healthy chocolate. Perfect for mixing into smoothies or trail mixes. The possibilities are endless for this crunchy antioxidant pick me up.
Cacao Nibs: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut loves Raw Cacao Nibs because they are made from 100% cacao, and they have 0 grams of sugar and 5 grams of fiber in a serving! The antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate come from cacao, too. Typically chocolate bars contain a percentage of cacao, some as little as 10%. By choosing raw cacao nibs, you incorporate 100% cacao into your diet.
Try adding cacao nibs into trail mix or quick breads for a chocolate taste. For a refreshing, antioxidant blast, blend a frozen banana, a splash of low fat or almond milk, and a tablespoon of cacao.
Health Benefits of Cacao:
1) Brain Food: A study led by researchers at the Northumbria University in England examined the effects of cacao consumption on cognitive activity. Subjects who consumed a cacao drink before performing mathematical calculations completed them more quickly and accurately than the control group that received no cacao. The lead professor of the study suggested that the high polyphenol content of cacao may be protective against declining cognitive function.
2) Lower Blood Pressure: Studies from universities throughout the United States have demonstrated that eating unprocessed cacao can support the cardiovascular system and reduce blood pressure. One such study by the University of Utah found that healthy patients who consumed unprocessed cacao experienced a decrease in systolic and diastolic blood pressure by 5mm within two weeks.
3) Improve Insulin Sensitivity: The flavonols present in organic raw cacao nibs may play an important role in lowering diabetic risk. Researchers at Tufts University and the University of L’Aquilla found that flavonol-rich cacao reduced blood pressure, regulated blood glucose levels, and increased the function of cells that produce insulin.
4) Lift Your Mood: Feeling a little blue? A serving of raw cacao nibs can act as a powerful mood-enhancer. Cacao is packed with compounds that increase levels of endorphins and serotonin in our brain; these are the chemicals that cheer us up, reduce anxiety, and give us a general sense of well-being.
Five Delightful Uses of Cacao Nibs
1) Enjoy them straight or accompanied by your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
2) Make a trail mix by mixing a handful of organic cacao nibs with nuts and dried fruit.
3) Grind a tablespoon of cacao nibs and then blend them into a fruit smoothie for a unique chocolate kick.
4) Incorporate a spoonful of organic cacao nibs into your morning cereal or oatmeal for an antioxidant boost.
5) Substitute part chocolate chips for cocoa nibs in baked goods like brownies or muffins to add a deep chocolate richness.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Patrick, Berryville, VA September 19, 2014
“So good and gives me a sugar free energy boost. I put them in a mix with almonds and the freeze dried cherries.”
Deborah, Troy, NY September 17, 2014
“I use these nibs in my homemade dairy free ice cream and they are a perfect fit.”
Gayane, Los Angeles, CA September 13, 2014
“I got addicted to these when I received a sample with a previous order. Amazing quality and delicious!”
Brian, Cameron, NC September 12, 2014
“All products arrived sooner than expected, packaging is fun, and all products have exceeded my anticipation so far. Will definitely be ordering more products from Nuts.com. The quality of products and selection alone are excellent! Every product that I was looking for I was able to find on one website. A BIG THANK YOU GOES OUT TO NUTS.COM!”
Kathryn, North Olmsted, OH September 10, 2014
“I tried them first from a sample that was sent and had to buy more ! I love them with my morning protein shake :-) keep up the good work”
Jessica, Finleyville, PA September 9, 2014
“Everything was super yummy!! I couldn't wait to open each bag and give everything a try!! I even love the free goji berries I recieved. Thank you so much!!”
Susan, Boone, IA September 8, 2014
“Exactly what I wanted, and even with shipping charges more affordable than the ones at our area food co-op.”
Rosemarie, Atlanta, GA August 30, 2014
“Just one word YUUUUUUUUMMMMMMM!”
Donald, Chicago, IL August 30, 2014
“my wife loves them. It really satisfies her chocolate cravings”
melorie, Covington, GA August 22, 2014
“Yum. Good deal.”
Showing 1-10 of 186
charleen, Plant City, FL September 20, 2014
“crunchy, makes a great addition to my smoothie.”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||138|
Organic cacao nibs
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: Ecuador
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|