Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Almonds (Raw, No Shell)
Unpasteurized, Raw, Organic Almonds
Perfectly delicious, loaded with nutrition and significant in size, these unpasteurized almonds are among our
best selling products. Our raw organic almonds are just that--truly raw and unpasteurized
--and certified organic. Great raw almonds like these can be difficult to get in the United States,
as California almonds marketed as "raw" are often steam-pasteurized, but our non-pasteurized
almonds are imported from Spain.
The robust flavor of our organic almonds makes them a superior snack all by themselves, and they're
incredible in homemade trail mix or sprinkled over desserts. You can even blend our unpasteurized almonds in a food
processor or coffee grinder to make your own fresh, raw almond flour.
Organic Raw Almond Nutrition
1) Lower Cholesterol: Organic raw almonds boast the highest concentration of monounsaturated fat among commonly eaten nuts. The cholesterol-lowering effect of this heart-healthy fat has been demonstrated in numerous studies. A 2005 study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that consuming almonds as part of a heart-healthy diet can lower LDL "bad" cholesterol levels just as effectively as first generation statin drugs.
2) Protective Antioxidants: Almonds are one of the richest food sources of alpha-tocopherol, the form of vitamin E that is most easily absorbed by the body. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that supports the immune system, helps our bodies create red blood cells, and protects cells against the damaging effects of free radicals. According to research in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association, eating almonds can help meet the Recommended Dietary Allowance of 15 mg/day alpha-tocopherol and improve red blood cell concentration.
3) Good Source of Protein: With 7 grams of protein per serving, organic raw almonds really pack a protein punch. Our bodies use protein to build and repair tissue, and almonds are an easy grab-and-go source of this important nutrient. As a plant-based source of protein, these unpasteurized almonds are suitable for vegan and vegetarian diets. They also make a great post-workout snack that helps repair muscle tissue.
4) Tons of Nutrients: Organic almonds are abundant in even more nutty nutrients, like protein, dietary fiber, magnesium, calcium, iron and potassium. A one-ounce serving of almonds contains 12% of the Daily Value (DV) of protein, nearly 15% DV of dietary fiber, 20% DV of magnesium, 7% DV of calcium, 5% DV of iron and 5% DV of potassium.
5) Regulate Blood Sugar Levels: Almonds are a rich source of soluble fiber, which helps the body absorb nutrients from food and slows the uptake of cholesterol in the blood. A 2007 study published in the journal Metabolism found that eating almonds alongside white bread regulated spikes in blood sugar that normally occur with eating white bread alone. Almond consumption also appeared to lower the glycemic index of the meal.
Suggestions for Enjoying Organic Almonds
1) Healthy Snacking Staple: Keep raw almonds on-hand to curb your appetite between meals. You can mix them with other nuts and dried fruit for a tasty trail mix, or toss them with rolled oats for an all natural granola.
2) Smooth Almond Butter: Pour 3 cups of organic almonds into your food processor, and run it for 20-30 minutes, stopping a few times to scrape the mixture from the sides. Process the almonds until you’ve achieved an ideal creamy consistency.
3) Crunchy Delight: Chop the organic almonds and enjoy them for a variety of uses! Sprinkle them over salads for a boost of protein and healthy fats, or add them to baked goods for a satisfying crunch. Buy organic almonds in bulk; they’re a snacking & baking essential that should always be stocked in your pantry.
Amazingly Filling Organic Raw Almonds
Almonds' monounsaturated fat can not only lower LDL or "bad" cholesterol, it can keep you full-- really full--for a really long time. For this reason, organic raw almonds are promoted more frequently than other organic raw nuts as a powerful weight loss food. When it comes to a great tasting, nutrient-rich snack that makes it easier to avoid overeating, organic almonds have few rivals.
These non pasteurized almonds are a unique variety from Spain. This particular variety will always have some almonds that are bitter. These are not dangerous to eat, but they may have a slightly unpleasant taste to some. Unfortunately, there is no way to avoid this.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Jonah, Brooklyn, NY July 19, 2013
“I ordered this on Thursday night and it came Friday afternoon? How on earth does this company manage to ship so fast? Will for sure be ordering from here again!”
Jasmine, Baltimore, MD July 11, 2013
“Everything I've ordered from Nuts.com has been excellent, well priced and ships quickly! I've ordered organic raw almonds and other assorted nuts and seeds, dried mango, organic whole wheat flour, organic whole grains, cacao nibs, cacao powder, cane juice and so much more! Everything is top quality. Love Nuts.com!”
Matthew, NY June 11, 2013
“This is the best online store I have ever come across! I stumbled across it looking for unpasteurized organic almonds. Not only did I find the almonds but I found so many other awesome foods, like dried fruit and chocolate peanut butter fudge. The super food acai cereal was also sooo good. It was hard to believe it was good for you too! I will never get my dried fruit, almonds, or cereal anywhere else. I think the best part is the SUPER FAST shipping. I have never experienced shipping this fast. The free samples in every order are always fun to try too! I am a new life time customer and will spread the word to all my friends! ”
Jenn, Sarasota, FL May 25, 2013
“Everything arrived promptly and I love the organic almonds from Spain! You can really taste the almond oil. The unprocessed, organic sucanat sugar working great in my kombucha tea brew. Dried mangos delicious! Thanks for the great service, products and loved the 'Cashew Later' message on the box. :)”
Glad, Basking Ridge, NJ May 9, 2013
“Well, I just placed my very first order with Nuts.com. Actually, I don't find it that easy to find organic brazil nuts which is how I found nuts.com. I googled and there they were. So after reviewing the website, I had some questions prior to placing my online order and spoke to a representative who explained everything to me very clearly. What I did not expect was the exceptional delivery. I placed my order yesterday afternoon, and it was delivered to me this morning!! Pretty impressive! Sorry...but my only experience with that type of service is Amazon...and now Nuts.com! I ordered organic, raw, unsalted: almonds, walnuts and brazil nuts. Into the frig they went since that's the recommendation on keeping them fresh but not before I popped one of each into my mouth. Oh my goodness!! I guess I did not know what fresh, high-quality nuts tasted like since these taste very different than what I'm used to tasting. So...I'm sold. Between the super lightening quick delivery...and the great taste and flavor...I guess Nuts.com just acquired one more new loyal customer!!”
Kathleen, Columbus, OH April 25, 2013
“Hey, you guys are nuts! (just kidding...) Well, my order arrived exactly as you said it would and we love the very fresh nuts we received. Almonds, Brazil nuts, cashews - all raw and organic and very fine. We will order again soon. Thank you so much.”
Kathryn, Maplewood, MN April 20, 2013
“I love this company!!!! The product is always of the highest quality, always ships right away and arrives within a few days. It's difficult to find organic high quality foods where I live so Nuts.com is an amazing solution for me :)”
Pamela, Elba, AL April 18, 2013
“Received the organic almonds & thank you for the bag of organic walnuts. I'm so happy that I am able to get organic nuts that have not been processed. Also very sad that we no longer can buy organic (unprocessed) almonds, etc. within the USA. Was very pleased with your service, etc & will be ordering again!!! ps - great customer service!”
Amanda, Kula, HI April 17, 2013
“These almonds are awesome. I can't believe how fast the shipping was to Hawai‘i. I sprouted, and dehydrated, my first batch and the sweet almond taste is outstanding. Mahalo for selling certified gluten free nuts!”
Dale, Circle Pines, MN April 5, 2013
“Wonderful products and I loved the shipping box. Had to sample all of the freeze dried fruit right away - so flavorful and the nuts are a lot fresher than many I have had from other sources. Thank you.”
Showing 61-70 of 146
wendy, San Francisco, CA October 1, 2014
Serving Size 30g (~1.1 oz.)
(Approx. 15.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||140|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 380 pieces per pound.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: Spain
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|