Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
— Jennifer, El Cerrito, CA September 13, 2014
“I loved these. Sunflower seeds have become very standard for me--something I've always liked and will always buy, but I had no expectations and they still somehow managed to surprise me, like every other product I've bought so far. They were not overroasted and soft, or overly chewy, and the shells crack properly instead of falling apart. I also got a sample of another sunflower seed in my order, though I'm not sure which because I can't read the package (no fault of yours), a rough-shelled and very large type which I like because I've always liked larger sunflower seeds.”
Our commitment to gluten-free products
While we’ve always sold naturally gluten-free products, we’ve gone a step farther to offer an even wider range of trusted, affordable, and certified gluten-free products.
- We analyzed ingredients, vetted suppliers, and got facility certificates ensuring non-contamination of ingredients and production aids.
- We completely segregated our production lines to eliminate any possibility of cross-contamination.
- We established policies and procedures to ensure compliance and randomly test products in our gluten-free production room.
- Not only do we voluntarily comply with USDA federal guidelines, but we’re also certified by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization.
- We show the GF logo on each product page that is gluten-free.