Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Sun Dried Tomatoes
These sun dried tomatoes imported from Turkey are moist and soft, ready to be stirred into pasta, added into sandwiches, or made into a spread. Our sun dried tomatoes are picked and dried at the peak of ripeness so they have a rich, concentrated tomato flavor.
For optimal freshness, store opened and unopened packages in your refrigerator.
How to Use Sun Dried Tomatoes
1. Pasta and Salads: Chop up sun dried tomatoes into small pieces and toss them into penne with chicken for a flavorful and simple meal. You can also add them into any salad (including egg and tuna salad) for heartiness and flavor.
2. Soups and Sauces: Substitute a cup of sun dried tomatoes for tomato paste in a vegetable soup for a pronounced tomato flavor. Or add some to your store bought marinara sauce for a homemade taste without all of the work! For a delicious twist on pesto, stir in finely chopped sun dried tomatoes.
3. Spreads and Dips: Blend sun dried tomatoes in a food processor and stir them into mayonnaise or butter to make a sun dried tomato spread. Combine finely minced sun dried tomatoes with mined garlic for a great crostini spread. Or even wrap brie, sun dried tomatoes, and basil in phyllo dough and bake it for a satisfying cheesy dip.
4. Bread and Meats: Mix these tomatoes into bread, focaccia, or cornbread to add another dimension of flavor. And add them to burgers for a summertime twist.
2. Men who eat two or more servings of tomato products average a 35 percent reduction in prostate cancer risk.
3. The best food sources of lypocene according to the Tomato Research Council in New York City: (Amount of lypocene in one ounce) Tomato Sauce, Spaghetti Sauce, Ketchup (5 mg); Tomato Soup, Canned Tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Vegetable Juice (3 mg); Minestrone Soup, Vegetable Soup, Pink Grapefruit (1 mg).
4. Tomatoes are high in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium and Potassium.
5. Lycopene occurs in only a few foods besides tomatoes and since you absorb more lycopene when you eat a little fat with your tomato some olive oil or cheese isn't such a bad thing after all.
6. A good source of vitamin C, especially fresh tomatoes. Latest news: yes, tomatoes offer vitamin C, and a lot else besides. It turns out that they are rich in important carotenoids, including lycopene---a relative of the more celebrated beta carotene. Lycopene appears to help prevent prostate cancer.
7. Should Women Eat Lycopene Products Too? Doctors and scientists now encourage men to eat a lot of tomato products because they are rich in lycopene, which seems to lower the risk of prostate cancer. But can lycopene help prevent cancer in women, too? A few studies have found that in postmenopausal women, high blood levels of lycopene are associated with a lower risk of breast cancer. But at this point nobody can say that eating tomatoes will reduce your risk. More than one study has found that women who consume the most lycopene are less likely to have precancerous cervical cells. Despite the unknowns, women should treat themselves to lycopene-rich foods?particularly tomato products.
8. If you suffer from skin disease, a tomato a day may keep the doctor away, as tomatine, tomato's principle alkaloid, concentrated in its branchy leaves and green fruit, heals certain fungous diseases of the skin.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Harry, Addison, TX November 21, 2009
“I love the Dried Tomatoes and Raw Pistachios.”
Bill, Plymouth, NH October 5, 2009
“Wonderful, nutty service. I got it on the second day, like wow.”
David, Austin, Tx. August 22, 2009
“I received my order for sun dried tomatoes this morning. I am very pleased with the taste and packaging. Delivery was fast and easy. Thank you very much and you will hear from me with another order soon. David”
Janet, Harker Heights, TX June 16, 2009
“My second fairly large order for this month, arrived and I must say, everything is wonderful! The fava beans are so good, the only thing that could improve them is some garlic or onion flavor and I am going to figure out a way to season em to try it out! I have one question, is there a way to block me from your web site? I already have several items in my basket! The sun dried tomatoes are very good and a large 1# bag for a cheap price! The corn nuts are to die for and will not break your teeth! One of my employees who did not like corn nuts because they are normally like chewing rocks, ate a substantial amount of my stash and has started to build her own order! I want to thank you for the care and handling of my questions/concerns. You have great customer service, wonderful products, and speedy delivery. If I were to rate your company on a scale of 1-10 you would get a 20! You guys are all that and a bag of chips!”
Tris, Tipton, CA November 18, 2008
“Boy, was I impressed with "Nuts on Line"!!! Not only did I receive my goods promptly but the day I received them, I received an email from the them thanking me!!!!! I am not used to this kind of service! Quite Impressive!! I ordered Sun Dried Tomatoes and they are wonderful!
Thank you!!! I will certainly order from you again.”
Donata, Hyattsville, MD July 25, 2008
“I ordered quinoa, sun dried tomatoes & roasted soybeans. I was so impressed with your company that I am back for a list of more products to order. I love what you sent me and I am telling everyone to check out your website. Donata Washington DC area”
Diane, Pittsburgh, PA July 8, 2008
“For a recent camping trip, I ordered raw mixed nuts, medjool dates and sun dried tomatoes. This was my first order from NutsOnline and I couldn't be more impressed with the quality of everything received. The dates were so rich and delicious they seemed sinful, the nuts fresh and beautiful, the tomatoes the best I've ever had. I'm hooked!”
sarah, MD April 23, 2008
“I have a unique testimonial
your products not only taste terrific
and are great in any recipe but they smell amazing too! Why do i say this - well i bought 2 lbs of sun dried tomatoes and apparently they were irresistable to my 2 year old Setter - who stole the bag from the pantry and ate the entire bag - i had only used a few of them before her theft”
Erin E., Maine April 16, 2007
“I ordered the sun-dried tomatoes....OMG.. SO GOOD! I use them to cook just about everything!
We are in a very rural area so getting dried fruit is hard and usually super expensive! The strawberries are super tasty & my daughter loved the kiwi. Shipping has always been super fast! I love you guys!!
Thanks for making good food easy to get!! ”
Michelle, dover, pa April 27, 2006
“I just want to say the the sun dried tomatoes I received were fantastic.
I used to purchase similar ones in a local grocer, then they were replaced with dried up slivers in a bag, or the ones packed in oil. I was missing the fresh moist goodness so I began a search to find great sun dried tomatoes, then I came across nutsonline.com.
I was elated to find such moist delicious tomatoes again. I order them right away and couldn't wait for them to arrive. Shipping was fast and I was so happy to have such tasty tomatoes. I will be a frequent returning customer.
Showing 31-40 of 42
Thomas, waterford, Michigan April 23, 2014
“I got my package today!! Thank You!! The Dried Tomatoes are Wonderful and Full Flavored!! The Box was a Wonder!! LOL lol Just got to Love those Nutty Folks...”
Serving Size 15g (~0.5 oz.)
(Approx. 30.3 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Tomatoes, salt, sulphur dioxide***FOR OPTIMAL FRESHNESS, STORE OPENED AND UNOPENED PACKAGES UNDER REFRIGERATION***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 120 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|