Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Sun Dried Tomatoes
These sun dried tomatoes imported from Turkey are moist and soft, ready to be stirred into pasta, added into sandwiches, or made into a spread. Our sun dried tomatoes are picked and dried at the peak of ripeness so they have a rich, concentrated tomato flavor.
For optimal freshness, store opened and unopened packages in your refrigerator.
How to Use Sun Dried Tomatoes
1. Pasta and Salads: Chop up sun dried tomatoes into small pieces and toss them into penne with chicken for a flavorful and simple meal. You can also add them into any salad (including egg and tuna salad) for heartiness and flavor.
2. Soups and Sauces: Substitute a cup of sun dried tomatoes for tomato paste in a vegetable soup for a pronounced tomato flavor. Or add some to your store bought marinara sauce for a homemade taste without all of the work! For a delicious twist on pesto, stir in finely chopped sun dried tomatoes.
3. Spreads and Dips: Blend sun dried tomatoes in a food processor and stir them into mayonnaise or butter to make a sun dried tomato spread. Combine finely minced sun dried tomatoes with mined garlic for a great crostini spread. Or even wrap brie, sun dried tomatoes, and basil in phyllo dough and bake it for a satisfying cheesy dip.
4. Bread and Meats: Mix these tomatoes into bread, focaccia, or cornbread to add another dimension of flavor. And add them to burgers for a summertime twist.
2. Men who eat two or more servings of tomato products average a 35 percent reduction in prostate cancer risk.
3. The best food sources of lypocene according to the Tomato Research Council in New York City: (Amount of lypocene in one ounce) Tomato Sauce, Spaghetti Sauce, Ketchup (5 mg); Tomato Soup, Canned Tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Vegetable Juice (3 mg); Minestrone Soup, Vegetable Soup, Pink Grapefruit (1 mg).
4. Tomatoes are high in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium and Potassium.
5. Lycopene occurs in only a few foods besides tomatoes and since you absorb more lycopene when you eat a little fat with your tomato some olive oil or cheese isn't such a bad thing after all.
6. A good source of vitamin C, especially fresh tomatoes. Latest news: yes, tomatoes offer vitamin C, and a lot else besides. It turns out that they are rich in important carotenoids, including lycopene---a relative of the more celebrated beta carotene. Lycopene appears to help prevent prostate cancer.
7. Should Women Eat Lycopene Products Too? Doctors and scientists now encourage men to eat a lot of tomato products because they are rich in lycopene, which seems to lower the risk of prostate cancer. But can lycopene help prevent cancer in women, too? A few studies have found that in postmenopausal women, high blood levels of lycopene are associated with a lower risk of breast cancer. But at this point nobody can say that eating tomatoes will reduce your risk. More than one study has found that women who consume the most lycopene are less likely to have precancerous cervical cells. Despite the unknowns, women should treat themselves to lycopene-rich foods?particularly tomato products.
8. If you suffer from skin disease, a tomato a day may keep the doctor away, as tomatine, tomato's principle alkaloid, concentrated in its branchy leaves and green fruit, heals certain fungous diseases of the skin.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Vic, Palm Springs, CA April 20, 2011
“Superb product and great service. What a deal. The sundried tomatoes as as good as I've ever had. Crystallized ginger? Can't stop eating it. Chocolate covered orange peel..... gone already. Only issue? If you live in a hot area, chocolate bars melt so beware. Mine is in the fridge as I type....lol”
pamela, Gilbert, AZ April 19, 2011
“The sun dried tomatoes are absolutely the most flavorful, juicy, sweet tomatoes ever!”
Brian, Bradenton, FL February 11, 2011
“The sun dried tomatoes arrived with lightning speed and they were juicy and plump , just as advertised. Nuts Online is a great etailer and I would buy their products anytime.”
Jo Linn Cash January 6, 2011
“The package arrived safely and so quickly! Arrived in the afternoon and used some of the Sun Dried Tomatoes for Dinner. One members of the household remarked that they are better than the ones we purchased at the market in Rome, And Yes that would be Rome Italy. I have to say I agree.
The Pretzel Salt has not been used yet. I will be experimenting with making my first homemade Soft Pretzels hopefully this weekend.
I have to say I was pleasantly surprised that I could order both the tomatoes and the salt from one site. So pleased with this our first experience with Nuts Online that we will be back.
Eyeing the Veggie and Taro Chips for the next order.”
Barbara, CA December 29, 2010
“Our order was delayed due to blizzard conditions, but arrived fresh & delicious. Best Medjool dates I've ever tasted, outstanding dried tomatoes that bore no resemblance to the "dried out" ones I'm familiar with. Soy & endamame nuts also yummy. Thanks for the tasty figs, too.”
Peg, Baltimore, MD December 3, 2010
“Not only astoundingly fast delivery but all of the things we ordered are terrific! More later on specifics. I used the sun dried tomatoes tonight and they were a big hit. ”
Jillian, Northeast, Alabama January 30, 2010
“I just have to say that my husband and I really enjoyed the Sun Dried Tomatoes. We used them for a pasta dish with white wine and goat cheese. Soooo yummy! :) We <3 Nuts Online! ”
Pat, Hobart, Indiana January 16, 2010
“I love my Wasabi peanuts! Being a diabetic, but always wanting a night snack, these are perfect. 8-10 nuts leave me satisfied! We have never been disappointed yet. Oh and the sun-dried tomatoes; kiss, kiss, lip smacking good! ”
Harry, Addison, TX November 21, 2009
“I love the Dried Tomatoes and Raw Pistachios.”
Bill, Plymouth, NH October 5, 2009
“Wonderful, nutty service. I got it on the second day, like wow.”
Showing 31-40 of 50
Natasa, Belle Vernon, PA August 1, 2014
“They were great and your service was good. i will order again from you”
Serving Size 15g (~0.5 oz.)
(Approx. 30.3 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Tomatoes, salt, sulphur dioxide***FOR OPTIMAL FRESHNESS, STORE OPENED AND UNOPENED PACKAGES UNDER REFRIGERATION***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 120 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 1 year. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|