Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Pastel Chocolate Strawberries
Whole strawberries coated in milk chocolate and then covered with pastel strawberry couveture.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 ?g of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One cup of strawberries contains 4 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 ?g of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
stacy, Richmond, Virginia February 15, 2012
“Just received my order and OMG !!!! the sample of truffles are TO DIE FOR, please please please make them a part of your inventory all year long. The Pastel Chocolate Strawberries are very good. Everything is good.”
Jim, Middletown, Ohio December 19, 2011
“The dried strawberries are fresh and sweet. The chocolate strawberries are a Christmas present for my daughter..she'll love them..”
Anne, Bath, NC January 31, 2013
“This is the third time I've ordered from your delightful company. Your products are always fresh, not a spoiled nut in the bunch! Your new packaging is superior to anything I've ever purchased before. I use your nuts and dried fruits to make a late night munchies and have actually lost weight! I also love your happy, irreverent attitude. You are all so "nutty"! Thanks. I will be ordering again soon. ”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||70|
Whole dried strawberries, chocolate (sugar, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, whole milk powder, reduced mineral why, non-fat dry milk, monoglycerides, artificial flavor, fd&c red 40 lake), pure milk chocolate (sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa butter, milk solids, soy lecithin, vanillin), citric acid, gum arabic, confectioner's glaze
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 45 pieces per pound.
Store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. We do not recommend refrigeration or freezing.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|